Lots Of Crowns

ChiangMai2

Hello 4rum

Can anyone please give me any advice on a dental clinic that can offer a fast turn around on making and fitting dental crowns?

A friend is flying from Oz to get 6 of them done ( ideally using Sirconna (?)) and some laser whitening. He is here for a mere 6 days, is it even possible to get this sort of work done in that timescale?

I have searched the forum and emailed several clinics but was hoping for some local advice or experience on the matter. I've never had one so I don't know what is involved.

Kind Regards

CM2

Did he had his root canal treatment all ready? Before he can have a crown he needs a root canal treatment. That will take some time and after that he will need to wait for at least 3 months before the crown can be placed.

A crown can be made within 6 days, but if he wants a good fit I believe he needs to come back again after a week for final adjustment and placement.

But I'm no dentist and not entirely sure about the procedure.

The only place I've ever gone is the Grace Clinic in Chiang Mai. They do excellent work with the latest equipment, but I'm not sure if they can fit someone in on such short notice. From what I've heard there are cheaper places though.

Your friend could give Lanna Dental Care Clinic. 39 Samlarn Road. Phra Singh. 053-326-221-2 a try. Ask for Dr Attavit (speaks perfect english). Their prices are lower then Grace, but service and quality is great. They also make crowns on sight, so they could make the mould and the crowns in a day or two. Best that your friend talks it over with him including the time frame. I think the only issue would be if your friend doesnt like the fit and its also recommended that a week later you should go back in to check the fitting/bite. But..I think he isnt really giving himself enough time.

Also recommend checking out this thread too: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Reliable-Cm-...ts-t165306.html

Did he had his root canal treatment all ready? Before he can have a crown he needs a root canal treatment. That will take some time and after that he will need to wait for at least 3 months before the crown can be placed.

A crown can be made within 6 days, but if he wants a good fit I believe he needs to come back again after a week for final adjustment and placement.

Mario, it sounds like you are talking about dental implants rather than crowns. <--edit: quick google and seems im wrong. But, its not always necessary to have a root canal before a crown.

Edited by eek

Your friend could give Lanna Dental Care Clinic. 39 Samlarn Road. Phra Singh. 053-326-221-2 a try. Ask for Dr Attavit (speaks perfect english). Their prices are lower then Grace, but service and quality is great. They also make crowns on sight, so they could make the mould and the crowns in a day or two. Best that your friend talks it over with him including the time frame. I think the only issue would be if your friend doesnt like the fit and its also recommended that a week later you should go back in to check the fitting/bite. But..I think he isnt really giving himself enough time.

Also recommend checking out this thread too: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Reliable-Cm-...ts-t165306.html

Mario, it sounds like you are talking about dental implants rather than crowns. <--edit: quick google and seems im wrong. But, its not always necessary to have a root canal before a crown.

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow. If they make the crowns on site then this sounds like they should be able to do it within the time frame. I did look through the other link and mailed a lot of the recommended clinics, the problem being it seems, most clinics use a 3rd party to make the crowns which adds quite a bit of time to the process.

Hopefully Lanna can help! Thank you..

I agree - 6 days seems really tight for that amount of work. If I remember correctly, Grace also make crowns in-house - the machine used to be visible from reception. Their website also seems to say they do: http://www.gracedentalclinic.com/technology-eng.html

I agree - 6 days seems really tight for that amount of work. If I remember correctly, Grace also make crowns in-house - the machine used to be visible from reception. Their website also seems to say they do: http://www.gracedentalclinic.com/technology-eng.html

I agree about the Grace. They came out of Chiangmai Dental Hospital. (another good and cheaper

place) Now the Grace has evolved kind of. The Empress with Dr. Juranee, cheaper but good quality.

It's on the canal heading towards Hang Dong.

It's a good thing you qualified your post with the last sentence because absolutely none of the preceding remarks are true.