After Returning Wk Permit You Must Leave?

My job has now finished it's three month run in Bangkok and is going to China after a one month holiday to recover from all the hard work.

On our last day we returned our work permits and were told to enjoy the one month break before going to China.

My visa is valid until the middle of April but Splitlid reckons you have to leave the country within seven days of handing back the wk permit.

Surely my company would have told us this if it were true.

Is there any truth in it or has Mr Lid been talking to Miss Informed?

On our last day we returned our work permits and were told to enjoy the one month break before going to China.

My visa is valid until the middle of April but Splitlid reckons you have to leave the country within seven days of handing back the wk permit.

Surely my company would have told us this if it were true.

If you had an extension of stay permit based on business. Every day past the 7 days after turning in the work permit, you are considered overstay and will be fined 200 Baht.

If you had a single or multiple non immigrant visa( without extended it based on business), or have a extension of stay based on education or marriage. Then no worries. You can stay as long as your visa is valid or you must extend it.

www.sunbeltasia,com

www.lawyer.th.com

www.property.th.com