Broadband Telephone Conflict

ianh68

We've got a broadband PC upstairs with adjacent telephone and another telephone downstairs. When the phone rings and the internet is on we can use the upstairs phone but not the downstairs one. The cable coming out of the wall upstairs enter a box with two exits, one for phone and one for PC. I think we need to attach some kind of splitter downstairs as well. Can anyone tell me what it is I need and where to get it? Thanks.

I think we need to attach some kind of splitter downstairs as well. Can anyone tell me what it is I need and where to get it?

Correct, you need another ADSL filter or ADSL splitter (two names for the the box with two outlets) on the other phone, just plug the phone into the phone port and leave the other empty.

Should be able to get one anywhere that sells ADSL modems etc. :)

While you guys are at it......I have a problem too (with the internet/telephone connection :) ).

I have two phone points, one with my set up internet, telephone, fax etc & that all works fine EXCEPT

When someone tries to make a telephone call from the other room, at which time the internet immediately drops out and a buzzing noise can be heard on that other telephone until I turn off my router. If I make the telephone call from my room, no problem and no buzzing.

Ive tried many things from replacing the box outside where the telephone line comes in and tracing the telephone lines thru the roof of the house. Checked the problem with a spare phone, so as to rule out the actual telephone device.

Any ideas?

While you guys are at it......I have a problem too (with the internet/telephone connection :) ).

I have two phone points, one with my set up internet, telephone, fax etc & that all works fine EXCEPT

When someone tries to make a telephone call from the other room, at which time the internet immediately drops out and a buzzing noise can be heard on that other telephone until I turn off my router. If I make the telephone call from my room, no problem and no buzzing.

Ive tried many things from replacing the box outside where the telephone line comes in and tracing the telephone lines thru the roof of the house. Checked the problem with a spare phone, so as to rule out the actual telephone device.

Any ideas?

do you use any cordless phone?

I think we need to attach some kind of splitter downstairs as well. Can anyone tell me what it is I need and where to get it?

Correct, you need another ADSL filter or ADSL splitter (two names for the the box with two outlets) on the other phone, just plug the phone into the phone port and leave the other empty.

Should be able to get one anywhere that sells ADSL modems etc. :)

You have 2 options.........[have phone Fax machine, wireless phone base station so have 5 other phones around the house with no wired connection + put a modem in the PC just incase of a ADSL problem] I have a ADSL splitter box instead of the supplied one, cost about 55 baht a couple of years ago it has a IN and 1x PC ADSL OUT + 3 Phone lines OUT.. Can buy at any PC/IT place

or just buy a click in double junction, can buy anywhere also supermarkets and click it into the phone OUT so you can connect the other phone

Any ideas?

do you use any cordless phone?

No.