Spurned Ladyboy Robs And Knifes Ozzie Tourist On Pattaya Beach Road

Rimmer

Pattaya, July 29,[PDN]: an Australian tourist, walking along Pattaya Beach Road, was solicited by a katoey (ladyboy) who, when rejected, picked the tourist’s pocket, stealing Bt2,200, which he passed to an accomplice. The tourist retaliated and, in the fight which ensued, was knifed by the katoey, but still managed to detain the robber till police arrived.

At 6.00 am, on 29 July, Pol.Lt.Col. Prateep Tongdee, Pattaya Police Investigator, was notified that a male tourist had been attacked by a katoey on the Pattaya Beach Road, but had managed to detain the robber. A police team was duly dispatched to the scene.

At the incident location, across from the Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Arcade, Pattaya Beach Road entrance ( a favourite katoey mugging point), police found Mr. Peter Kim, [54] ,an Australian national, desperately holding on to the thief. Mr. Kim had scratches on his body and one stab wound from a cutter on his right leg.

Mr. Kim said he had been walking along the Beach Road and, passing by the Royal Garden Plaza , had been was approached and solicited by the katoey, Tipakorn Surintam, [25], originally from Chiang Rai, dressed as a woman. Mr. Kim refused Tipakorn’s offer of sex and continued walking along the road, persistently pursued by the katoey.

He then felt his wallet being ‘lifted’ from his back pocket, and noticed the contents, Bt2,200 being rapidly handed to another katoey, obviously an accomplice of Tipakorn’s. He then resisted, at which point, Tipakorn pulled out a weapon and cut his leg, also causing scratches elsewhere on his body. Mr. Kim shouted for help, while still trying to fight off his assailant. Finally, he managed to get a hold on the thief and some onlookers called the police.

Tipakorn initially refused to answer questions, but eyewitnesses and the victim identified him as being the thief. The police took Tipakorn to the police station for further processing.

EDITOR’S COMMENT

One would have thought it was high time the authorities put their promises to clean up the Beach Road into practice. The incident location, opposite and in the vicinity of Royal Garden Plaza, virtually opposite the police station, has traditionally been a favourite haunt of katoeys; a fact well known to police. Katoeys, in particular, have a bad reputation for mugging, either because they have had their soliciting rejected or purely because they are opportunistic thieves. The Beach Road leading up to Walking Street must be THE favourite walkabout spot for tourists and to be constantly harassed by hawkers, prostitutes of all three genders and thieves in general hardly enhances Pattaya’s reputation, which City Hall constantly declares it is trying to improve. LET’S HAVE SOME ACTION INSTEAD OF EMPTY PROMISES!

Source and pictures:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000009887

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/july/n...2_07_52_2.shtml

there was an almost identical incident last week (link above) at the bali hai area, again a ladyboy

botched pick pocketing attempt and then slashing the tourist with a box-cutter. a particularly nasty

weapon you can buy at the 7-11 for 26 bhat. it's time to run them out of town. if the city is ever

going to get serious about returning pattaya to the tourists not all the thugs and thieves here now.

Out of all the people/groups I would NOT like to be associated with in Thailand are cops and Ladyboys.

They are just plain downright dangerous to get on the wrong side of. And that's easily done. So, if you value your life , or the way you currently look , don't have anything to do with these two groups in particular.

there was an almost identical incident last week (link above) at the bali hai area, again a ladyboy

botched pick pocketing attempt and then slashing the tourist with a box-cutter. a particularly nasty

weapon you can buy at the 7-11 for 26 bhat. it's time to run them out of town. if the city is ever

going to get serious about returning pattaya to the tourists not all the thugs and thieves here now.

Out of all the people/groups I would NOT like to be associated with in Thailand are cops and Ladyboys.

They are just plain downright dangerous to get on the wrong side of. And that's easily done. So, if you value your life , or the way you currently look , don't have anything to do with these two groups in particular.

The pair of you are way out of line.

There are plenty of ladyboys in Thailand that earn a living through honest means and have never hurt anyone in their lives. Who exactly are you descriminating against, who are we sending the KKK after?

Wouldnt it be better if the undesirables were targeted or are we going to bundle all people of a certain colour or creed into one group? :)

Taking the story at face value this seems like a nasty incident.

The timing of the incident is reported and photographed at 6.00 am.

This is a time when a lot of people are out for morning exercise and in no way looking for trouble or casual partners.

Well done to the victim for holding the knifeman and remember this could be me or you next time we happen to walk or jog down Beach Road.

The pair of you are way out of line.

There are plenty of ladyboys in Thailand that earn a living through honest means and have never hurt anyone in their lives. Who exactly are you descriminating against, who are we sending the KKK after?

Wouldnt it be better if the undesirables were targeted or are we going to bundle all people of a certain colour or creed into one group? :)

You may be right, but not for me thanks. I have absolutely zero interest in either of these groups. I don't wish them harm (live and let live), I personally don't want any kind of relationship. My prerogative and that's the way it will stay.

Thats fine barky but are you honestly suggesting that anyone that might have either a ladyboy or police officer in their extended thai family should do what? Leave home because of it? Ask the family to disown that member? Perhaps organise a 'hit'?

Get real, I have one of each in the immediate extended family, they both appear quite decent, neither of them work on the street & both are very polite and respectable.

Going by your biggoted tones my life is in danger because of them. As for the transexual, as I also have a young boy in the extended family who is only 7 but clearly very ladyboy like already, I can imagine you would re-examine your ideas if you were in the same situation.

A few hundred years ago there were people roaming the streets speaking about black people in very much the same manner. Its disgusting.

Firstly Neverdie, I suggested nothing.

Secondly, obviously if there were these people already within the family one would have to accept and adjust, and get on with it.

But, personally I wouldn't seek these groups out to be friends.

Lastly and finally, I wasn't around a few years ago. The past can answer for itself, and I shall answer for myself !

Re the editors comments, we see it time and time again in news reports....

"The area was known to be a haunt of...", "The gang members are known to police...", "so and so was a known drug dealer..." "the theives are well known in this area..."

It's not exactly rocket science - lock up the known criminals and police patrol the known trouble spots?? :)

Why every time I come to Pattaya for a break I never never see any cops or volunteer police patrolling

along the walking area of beach road where all the trouble seems to happen, I have seen the odd policeman on the other side of

the road stopping and fining Motorcycles.

But go down walking street and there they all are sitting at desks chatting and joking. I get the impression that all they care

about is Walking Street.

Colino.

Yes I am not a fan of those police volunteers. the majority look more like bouncers than helpers.

PS

Maybe If caught committing crimes like these on along with any Fine and or imprisonment.

The courts should add an ASBO ( ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOR ORDER ) banning the individual from selected areas or the entire city.

This has worked well in the UK.

Edited by colino

One good thing about ladyboys is that their reputation in Thailand is even lower than farangs ...

Obviously not all ladyboys are criminals and it isn't fair to demonize all ladyboys. On the other hand, I certainly wish they would clean this place up of the repeat criminals of whatever sexual flavor.

I got no grudge against anybody might it be ladyboys or cops but in the past few months I think I have changed my view about them. As you guys remember I had my apparment burned down a while ago and I was made to believe the cops did a good job forget it, they know who did it they have all the finger prints but no action. And then 4 ladyboys from Pattaya rentet another room for 10 days it took me 1 week to clean that one up. So what do I believe now?

"The area was known to be a haunt of...", "The gang members are known to police...", "so and so was a known drug dealer..." "the theives are well known in this area..."

It's not exactly rocket science - lock up the known criminals and police patrol the known trouble spots?? :)

The logical answer :D

Sorry barky, my mistake, for a minute there I thought you were trying to suggest something, I don't know what would of given me that impression. :) Anyway gotta run, late for my KKK meeting.

you know, honestly i really try to be tolerant of the ladyboys but here is the problem: they INCESSANTLY talk trash if you understand the thai

language AND a disproportionate amount of them (yes, sadly) engage in these particularly violent crimes? come-on now they have an

absolute system to this pickpocketing/snatching? pass the goods to their friends (so as not caught with the evidence) then if the tourist gets

wise they pull out a knife (in self-defense ha-ha) my predujice is not blind? i've unfortunatlly intervened on pickpocketing attempts on baht

buses (which happens every day here) and exposed myself to conflict trying to be a good samaritan? AND they're EVERYWHERE anymore.

returning home through soi diana at night, now you have to evade their groping? and if you try and avoid them what do they do? nasty insults?

they form veritable gauntlets on walking st? (up to no good) on second rd, soi buakow, the beach, always working in groups. i'm a realist. the

problem has escalated/grown to the point where we read these crime reports concerning ladymen every day? i also had an unfortunate

incident on the beach with 5 of them? picking up sticks of wood thinking with sheer numbers they can simply overwhelm you? wake-up please

you know, honestly i really try to be tolerant of the ladyboys but here is the problem: they INCESSANTLY talk trash if you understand the thai

language AND a disproportionate amount of them (yes, sadly) engage in these particularly violent crimes? come-on now they have an

absolute system to this pickpocketing/snatching? pass the goods to their friends (so as not caught with the evidence) then if the tourist gets

wise they pull out a knife (in self-defense ha-ha) my predujice is not blind? i've unfortunatlly intervened on pickpocketing attempts on baht

buses (which happens every day here) and exposed myself to conflict trying to be a good samaritan? AND they're EVERYWHERE anymore.

returning home through soi diana at night, now you have to evade their groping? and if you try and avoid them what do they do? nasty insults?

they form veritable gauntlets on walking st? (up to no good) on second rd, soi buakow, the beach, always working in groups. i'm a realist. the

problem has escalated/grown to the point where we read these crime reports concerning ladymen every day? i also had an unfortunate

incident on the beach with 5 of them? picking up sticks of wood thinking with sheer numbers they can simply overwhelm you? wake-up please

Yes, very good, you obviously spend all your time here in those TRASHY areas. There happens to be hundreds of thousands of transexuals in Thailand, are you suggesting all of the or a high percentage of them fall into the cateogries above??? Time for you to WAKE UP please, Thailand is not Pattaya Beach Road. :)

Yes of course these nasty LB exist in Pattaya and they are quite a threat, and should be avoided. However, there are also LBs all over Thailand working straight jobs, who are good people. So yes if you see a gang of them be on guard, but if you see a nice one working at a bakery, they are human beings. Many Thais assume all farangs in Thailand are all alike. As we know, we aren't. There is a similar diversity within the LB ranks. Of course in Pattaya being the sin capital, things are skewed here towards the bad side. Be careful out there. BTW, my one getting pickpocketed experience on a baht bus here was with REAL ladies, not LBs.

Edited by Jingthing

To us it isn't rocket science but it would appear not to be the case everywhere............

Well done to the victim for holding the knifeman and remember this could be me or you next time we happen to walk or jog down Beach Road.

Well I never carry my wallet in the back pocket and I would not fight a ladyboy .

If they approached me, I would just run away . Problem solved,

most katoys in walking street are a big problem no mater how much you like them. they are not popular and need to get money somehow. the fact that you are acquainted with some good ones doesn't change the facts. the fact that in other areas you think they are better doesnt matter as the op clearly pointed out walking street and the beach is the problem with them. i constantly get groped and bumped into, luckily that is as far as it goes as i am street aware, avoid confrontation when i can and always keep wallet in front pocket and immediately, secretly, check after getting bumped. [many bump and watch you to point out wallet if they dont see]

i don't know about other areas and katoys, i have no problem with them if they don't try to trick me into thinking they are a girl, if they don't try and grab me [a simple hello i dont care about] and them don't accidentally bump into me for any purpose

Neverdie, I am not saying all transexuals are bad. I am saying withing the city limits ( of most every tourist destination in Thailand)

they are bringing the wrath of the public down on themselves with all the criminal activity? It is not just "beach road" it is all over the

city? And Yes, I follow your logic. I am a "bad farang" because I have been to Pattaya. Yes, there are some good ones( I mean you

say you can personally vouch for two) We haven't even gotten into the spate of recent "druggings" the ladymen are responsible for?

No-one is making generalizations here but the local ones in the city are dangerous, especially in groups. Saying otherwise is lying.

Thats fine barky but are you honestly suggesting that anyone that might have either a ladyboy or police officer in their extended thai family should do what? Leave home because of it? Ask the family to disown that member? Perhaps organise a 'hit'?

Get real, I have one of each in the immediate extended family, they both appear quite decent, neither of them work on the street & both are very polite and respectable.

Going by your biggoted tones my life is in danger because of them. As for the transexual, as I also have a young boy in the extended family who is only 7 but clearly very ladyboy like already, I can imagine you would re-examine your ideas if you were in the same situation.

A few hundred years ago there were people roaming the streets speaking about black people in very much the same manner. Its disgusting.

Hey; Neverdie: I am 100% behind you ! OF COURSE one should never ever "judge a book by it's cover". We're all human beings and - as I have said before, when you're born a 'male', but inside you feel decidedly 'female', than that it is surely not something you have asked for. Hence; this "Nature's Error in Packaging" ('cause that is exactly what it is!) - is luggage you'll have to carry around with you your whole entire life . . . . Maybe some readers should realize these facts, before they "judge" fellow human beings.

For me; I have nothing but sympathy and compassion for these people and I am proud to be able to count some within my extended Thai family.

Instead of being judgemental about "LadyBoys", try to be more understanding and think, for one minute,that this was YOUR fate in this life . . . . . .

Edited by jaapfries

You have a Thai-local (who happens to be a ladyman) who slashed a tourist with a box-cutter in a failed pickpocketing attempt

and you guys are trying to hijack the thread into some "don't discriminate against ladyboy thread" okay, fine, whatever.

IF the tourist had simply handed the cash over THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM. Why was the tourist in Pattaya anyway?

Obviously some demented farang because only bad people go there! he...he...probably DESERVED what he got. YEAH!

more than likely the farang is a criminal himself! yeah! probably a bigot as well! he's lucky it wasn't worse! yeah! ( how's that guys?)

I think we're onto the problem here. The police are supposed to work on street making sure the ladyboys and being polite and honest.

Only having a bit of fun here. I have just as much respect for the police as anybody else does. (Take that how you want to.)

Edited by Beacher

Yes of course these nasty LB exist in Pattaya and they are quite a threat, and should be avoided. However, there are also LBs all over Thailand working straight jobs, who are good people. So yes if you see a gang of them be on guard, but if you see a nice one working at a bakery, they are human beings. Many Thais assume all farangs in Thailand are all alike. As we know, we aren't. There is a similar diversity within the LB ranks. Of course in Pattaya being the sin capital, things are skewed here towards the bad side. Be careful out there. BTW, my one getting pickpocketed experience on a baht bus here was with REAL ladies, not LBs.

Hey; Neverdie: I am 100% behind you ! OF COURSE one should never ever "judge a book by it's cover". We're all human beings and - as I have said before, when you're born a 'male', but inside you feel decidedly 'female', than that it is surely not something you have asked for. Hence; this "Nature's Error in Packaging" ('cause that is exactly what it is!) - is luggage you'll have to carry around with you your whole entire life . . . . Maybe some readers should realize these facts, before they "judge" fellow human beings.

For me; I have nothing but sympathy and compassion for these people and I am proud to be able to count some within my extended Thai family.

Instead of being judgemental about "LadyBoys", try to be more understanding and think, for one minute,that this was YOUR fate in this life . . . . . .

Thanks Jaapfries,

Its a strange thing & even serious thailand farang punters and many Thais just don't get it. I remember when I first came to Thailand to visit my father, we were in Bangkok and I saw my first LB (That was obvious anyway). I said "Holly Dooley <deleted>". That was more than 20 years ago & I originally thought it was some kind of sick perversion these people had, I couldnt have been more INCORRECT.

Since that time I have met ladyboys in just about every walk of life, most professions, however I will admitt the numbers definately arnt stacked towards the Lawyers and Doctors of society.

I have seen ladyboys that are down right ugly right through to the ones that are just unbelievably stunning.....they come in all shapes and sizes, just like men and woman. Anyway, I use to think of a Ladyboy as a guy that was mixed up inside the head, I couldnt understand any of it. THEN...

I got involved with a Thai family (many years ago) & one of the little boys in the family was about 5 years old & over a number of years I watched this young boy grow into a wonderful person, however, he became a ladyboy. I was shocked that a child of 5, 6, 7 and upwards years could have any concept of sexuality, in fact in the early days the child had absolutely NO CONCEPT whatsoever of Sex. Having said this it was clearly evident to me that at this very young age, this boy was going to be transgender. The father of the child couldnt accept it initally and fought the child often, the mother was much more compassionate. It horrified me to watch him grow into a her and everything that went on. She is twenty something now & I have had contact with the family who inform me that she is doing well working as a secretary in a large multinational company, living a somewhat normal life with her partner, doing what all people do each day, eating, working,sleeping etc etc.

In my present GF's family there is another example of a young child like this and I all ready know what to expect. The older LB is also going about a regular life. Theres alot more to being a Ladyboy than just being confused about how one wants to dress. If you don't believe me look around theres examples of this everywhere, you just have to open your eyes and look.

Fact: Thailand, Phillipines and Brazil have the largest percentage of Transgender in their societies. MY BELIEF: Its Genetic.

Anyway, I fully accept that there are some dead set assshole LB, Ladies & Men in these trashy tourist areas that are desperately going about the milking routine of the Thailand tourist. For every LB that you see hanging around, speaking badly, attempting to pickpocket or injure/kill tourists there are many many more times of both ladies and men trying to do exactly the same thing. I don't care to frequent those areas, I don't see that stuff, but I know from previous experience it is there.

To suggest what some have stated as they are all bad or all wicked is absolute stupidity. Its the same as branding all cops corrupt, as many people here do. I accept there are some fairly poor examples of both here, however some people really need to follow their own advice and wake up.

As for Cali, hes changed his tune now to say that ladyboys within the city limits are bad & again I would suggest that this might apply in places like Pattaya, Patong and a few other places around Thailand, they are like flys to shit.....but it would certainly be incorrect to say that any ladyboy within any city limit is up to no good, thats rubbish :) .

You have a Thai-local (who happens to be a ladyman) who slashed a tourist with a box-cutter in a failed pickpocketing attempt

and you guys are trying to hijack the thread into some "don't discriminate against ladyboy thread" okay, fine, whatever.

IF the tourist had simply handed the cash over THERE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM. Why was the tourist in Pattaya anyway?

Obviously some demented farang because only bad people go there! he...he...probably DESERVED what he got. YEAH!

more than likely the farang is a criminal himself! yeah! probably a bigot as well! he's lucky it wasn't worse! yeah! ( how's that guys?)

Its not a matter of trying to hi-jack the thread, its a matter of simply pointing out that not all ladyboys are knife weilding maniacs. There is definately a problem in those areas where these types of things keep happening and the Thai authorities would be best to deal with that.

Anybody that takes a box cutter, knife, gun, bat etc etc to another human being should be locked away for good, simple. In the mean time we should call of the witch hunt to round up all people of a certain colour or shape.