Swedish Murder Arrested By Thai Police

george

Swedish murder arrested by Thai Police

d3408ab9.jpg

Translation:

Thai police have arrested a Swedish citizen for the murder of a Thai woman in Pattaya.

Swedish murder arrested by Thai Police

A swedish citizen was arrested outside the Swedish Embassy today.

He is accused of murdering a Thai prostitute.

He arrived at the Swedish Embassy at around 16:00 and the arrest was done without any fighting, outside the Embassy.

The swede was arrested and was transported to Pattya Police, accused of murdering a Thai woman.

He was accompanied by th Swedish Police Benny Carlsson from the Swedish police based in Bangkok.

At around 19:30 the transport arrived in Pattaya.

-We have now arrived and Mr. Carson will be detained by Thai police.

More as we have it.

--Aftonbladet.se

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27999

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course if a foreigner commits a crime against a Thai our boys in brown will follow-up. What about the cop who committed premeditated murder of the two Brits in Kanchanaburi? Has that case been dropped or what?

Of course if a foreigner commits a crime against a Thai our boys in brown will follow-up.  What about the cop who committed premeditated murder of the two Brits in Kanchanaburi?  Has that case been dropped or what?

Here here I agree.....I love living here but being called a "Nigger" all the time and being regarded as trash does get me down sometimes.

Lucky asians who get lots of rights in my country.....

http://bangkokexpat.blogspot.com/

great news, hopefully he will not be deported to serve his time in Sweden, I would prefer that he be shot personally as would happen if he were Thai but the Liberals would not like that! would they

Country Boy

great news, hopefully he will not be deported to serve his time in Sweden, I would prefer that he be shot personally as would happen if he were Thai but the Liberals would not like that! would they

Country Boy

hope this is true.....i dont think it should matter what nationality you are. when you break a law in a country who has welcomed you as a guest, you should be subject to their laws and punishments with no favoritism......

Country Boy

hope this is true.....i dont think it should matter what nationality you are. when you break a law in a country who has welcomed you as a guest, you should be subject to their laws and punishments with no favoritism......

Regardless of country, regardless if you are a guest or not, crime must be punished where it happens

Country Boy

Country Boy

I don’t think it should matter what nationality you are. When you break a law in a country which has welcomed you as a guest, you should be subject to their laws and punishments with no favouritism......”

I agree 100% with the above statement.

However, in reality it does not work out this way in Thailand and in many other countries.

“Favouritism” is the bases of success of “the powers that be” in Thai Society, and often it is used in an unjust way…. and you don’t have to read “in between the lines” when you browse through the Nation or Bangkok Post, to notice this.

Edited by dutchdellboy1

he will be lucky to get a jury not composed of thai visa.com contributors. you guys are tough.

i feel that he is suffering enough inside now, he is in a hades ( i used he*l and it was censored..HOW STUPID) of his own creation.

any of us has a murderer inside of him or her. the unlucky ones cannot contain it.

have some sympathy for this poor sick bastard.

he will be lucky to get a jury not composed of thai visa.com contributors. you guys are tough.

i feel that he is suffering enough inside now, he is in a hades ( i used he*l and it was censored..HOW STUPID) of his own creation.

any of us has a murderer inside of him or her. the unlucky ones cannot contain it.

have some sympathy for this poor sick bastard.

i feel no sympathy for this twisted individual :o .......he was man enough to get wasted and waste someone, he's man enough to face the consequences. if any sympathy is to be felt it should be for the girl and her friends/family

just imagining her pain and suffering while she died makes my blood boil....

:D:D:D

Edited by devildog683

this guy doesn't look like an "happy killer".

What about the facts about the murder ?

Was it a passionate crime ? Maybe he hit without intention to kill...

On the pic, he really looks to be in pain... I pity him.

And all the bloodthirsty avengers here make me sick. :o

I hope this guy will get Justice. (life sentence would be probably painful enough if he has real remorse)

If someone kills me, there's no need to kill him. It wouldn't make me come back, or give me better sleep in my death.

And no need to say the compassion I feel for the victim, her family, and her friends. I'm pretty sure they don't read this forum... :D

I he is indeed guilty then I have no compassion. but why is it they can get him so quick when they don't even bother with the so-called suicides or ....If he had left her in the hotel room with some asprin and in a strange position, would they still look for him?

:o

I know it sounds like a tacky question but how did the thai woman die? If she was beaten or strangled to death then yes the mutha deserves to fry. But what if it was something more accidental and after that he panicked? Maybe he thought 'Oh $h!+, no one will believe this and I'm gonna get slaughtered; my best bet is to leg it'

Not that I would forgive him but I'm just curious as to how bad he was.

The guy said in an interview(swedish newspaper)that he picked her up,they went to his hotel room and in to the shower together.For some reason they started shoving eachother,she fell and broke a glass(wall?),got hold of a glass shard and stabbed him in the foot.Guy panicked and could only think of making her stop fighting so he got hold of her head and started banging her head on the tiled floor.When she stopped moving he realized she was dead.

All of the above is straight from the newspaper article,supposedly the guy's own words.

International Law dictates that at the request of a person who committed the felony, can be extradited to his/her own country to face the charges. In most cases, the sentance will not become heavy, because it would require heavy proof from the persons surrounding the events. And Thais are not given into this sort of presure.

Yes, the just should be served, but we live in an unjust world/societyl.

Not trying to justify his actions but I can imagine getting into a scuffle with a Pattaya bargirl myself, and if it was in the bathroom.... well people even die alone slipping on the tiles and slamming their head on the sink on the way down. I don't think I'd stick around for the cops to show up either.

It does not make sense for a tourist to take a bargirl to his own hotel room registered under his own name to commit pre-meditated murder, more likely a fight that got out of hand.

Inexcusable but somewhat understandable.

Guilty or not his life is ruined already, Thai prison is no joke. No need to wish him worse than he's already got.

Edited by Orion76

Not trying to justify his actions but I can imagine getting into a scuffle with a Pattaya bargirl myself, and if it was in the bathroom.... well people even die alone slipping on the tiles and slamming their head on the sink on the way down. I don't think I'd stick around for the cops to show up either.

It does not make sense for a tourist to take a bargirl to his own hotel room registered under his own name to commit pre-meditated murder, more likely a fight that got out of hand.

Inexcusable but somewhat understandable.

Guilty or not his life is ruined already, Thai prison is no joke. No need to wish him worse than he's already got.

he admitted to slamming her head into the tiles, it was no acciden :o

As most Swedes I´m not keen of the idea of death penalty or inhumane conditions in prisons.

But if the Swede suspected for murder is convicted for it, I really hope he will be judged equally as if he would have been a native - meaning that I hope the trial will be just, but also that he won´t get away easier because of nationality (due to foreign relations or something... for example since Sweden, has in comparison to its size, been rather generous with financial aid after the catastrophe...).

The last thing we wish to see is a lack of trust, or a increasing hostility towards westerners due to one persons ill behaviuor.

So, would he be senteced to a bizarre imprisonment or perhaps even death, too bad - but also, don´t ######ing kill people and suit yourself if you do.

(pardon my French)

According to another swedish newspaper he was interrogated for a couple of hours yesterday and the reporter writes that the guy admitted to have killed her:"We were in the shower together,I took a bottle and hit her in the head,after that I blacked out".

He also says that he turned himself in to get rid of the nightmares he's been having since the killing:"She haunts me in my dreams".