Swedish Murder Arrested By Thai Police

george

And all the bloodthirsty avengers here make me sick. 

... Khun Manutoo wrote.

The playfull suggestions stated earlier are really tasteless... "I´ve got a rope and a wobbly stool..." (or whatever)... point made; this occupation with mindless, gory wish for revenge suggests that you could have been him.

... Khun Med added.

Thanks Khun Manutoo, thanks Khun Med.

I had a time I also reacted on these horrible remarks. This is the level of low ranked american army personnel I suppose.

And this is indeed the type of people you will find in similar situations.

It is unbelievable that somebody wants somebody else his death even without knowing facts or anything. I am allways surprised that people of this level know how to use a computer.

Thanks again!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Pattaya City News......

LATEST NEWS

Wednesday 2nd March 2005

Swedish man gives himself up and confesses to the body-in-the-bag murder case.

. . . He walked along a nearby street and came to a high wall with wasteland on the other side. He summoned the assistance of another man who was unaware of the situation and the fact that a body was inside the bag. Together the pair threw the bag over the wall and Mr. Eriksson then hid the bag under a tree where it was discovered 5 days later by passers-by.

In the middle of the night, a guy asks you to throw a very heavy bag over a high wall into an empty lot on 2nd road? I would think most people would be highly skeptical.

And all the bloodthirsty avengers here make me sick. 

... Khun Manutoo wrote.

The playfull suggestions stated earlier are really tasteless... "I´ve got a rope and a wobbly stool..." (or whatever)... point made; this occupation with mindless, gory wish for revenge suggests that you could have been him.

... Khun Med added.

Thanks Khun Manutoo, thanks Khun Med.

I had a time I also reacted on these horrible remarks.  This is the level of low ranked american army personnel I suppose.

And this is indeed the type of people you will find in similar situations.

It is unbelievable that somebody wants somebody else his death even without knowing facts or anything. I am allways surprised that people of this level know how to use a computer.

Thanks again!

Well Limbo.....maybe you should keep up with the news...He admitted he did it...he has shown the police how & where he did it and how he dragged the poor ladies body and where he left it to rot....He is to be or has been charged with First degree Murder.....Get it????

Well Limbo.....maybe you should keep up with the news...He admitted he did it...he has shown the police how & where he did it and how he dragged the poor ladies body and where he left it to rot....He is to be or has been charged with First degree Murder.....Get it????

I don´t know whether he´s guilty or not or to what, and what he confesses

may just as well prove that someone has succeded with forcing him to

tell a story in a way that it fits their purposes.

Stranger things has happened.

But I´ll stop wasting my time here, the greater lot of you are really frighteningly

simpleminded, I might just as well contemplate the matter with my neighbour´s cat.

Not that it will get me anywhere, but at least he has a fat, furry belly that´s fun to pat.

::::

(even though recent findings tell us that there are several types if IQ´s, a high EQ only is obviuosly not enough in all cases...

So long, cavemen and cavewomen... "an eye for an eye...")

Edited by meds

If someone kills me, there's no need to kill him. It wouldn't make me come back, or give me better sleep in my death.

It's not about vengeance, it's about deterrence,

If there were no consequences to our actions we'd be shooting people in the face everyday ..

You're are right though, innocent until proven guilty, he'll have his day in court for better or worse. :o

Don't quote me but I've read somewhere that most murders are spontaneous acts with no thought of consequences.

For example...someone gets into an arguement and hits someone. The person falls down and hits their head and dies as a result.

This may be quite different from what has happened here (maybe it isn't????) but if most murders occur with the perpetrator having no regard of the consequenses then what deterent is executing them to the next person.

It serves an inate feeling for revenge but doesn't serve the community towards its actual objective.

Lets all move into the 21st century :o

What really gets me is that this person is nabbed just outside the embassy. He more than likely didn't have a hope in ###### of getting out from anywhere. Just because we live here doesn't mean that the man isn't looking over our back constantly,and making ###### sure of what is going on. They seem to be very very good at what they do,and there seems to be a zillion of t hem on the 3000 bt a month plan. I am not saying the guy didn't deserve to get nabbed, all is just amazing that he did so fast..... THE WALLS HAVE EARS AND EYES.

uncletom

Swedish newspapers write that the man went in to the embassy,told the staff who he was. Swedish police has a liaison at the embassy,cooperating with thai police,this liaison contacted the guys in brown and went out of the embassy with the suspected killer to wait for the thai police to take care of him.

Seems to have been no grassing,no snooping whatsoever.

I agree... it´s scary how one mans supposed cruelty brings out the similar features in equally supposed to be "normal" people.
Agree.Lets hope he will be punished after the law and not after the posting on the

topic. Because then he is dead already.

BTW, have we already forgotten the Policeman which killed the British couple in Kanchanburi and many more unjustified cases where the foreigner always end up as the "bad boy" ???

he be shot personally as would happen if he were Thai but the Liberals would not like that! would they
:D

Chockingly how many people who only see one way.

Justis and wrong or right in Thailand. Go out in the road and you see what justis is here! :o

Swede, wanted for murder, turns himself in to embassy officials - Tearfully confesses to the crime - Boonlua Chatree

Carl Kenneth Eriksson turned himself in to officials at the Swedish embassy in Bangkok on March 1. Eriksson had a warrant out for his arrest in connection with the murder of a Thai woman in Pattaya.

At 9 p.m. on Tuesday night Pol. Col. Somnuk Changate, Pattaya police superintendent received word from Benni Carlsen, Swedish police from the embassy in Bangkok that Carl Kenneth Eriksson, 41, had turned himself in to the embassy to face legal proceedings and that he was on his way to Pattaya to face them. Wanchart Maneerat, a lawyer, was present when Eriksson turned himself in.

A tearful Eriksson re-enacts the events.

Senior Pattaya police officers Pol. Lt. Col. Nattasit Boonnuam, Pattaya deputy superintendent and crime investigation inspectors were present when Eriksson arrived in Pattaya.

Pol. Lt. Col. Titthipong Suktien, investigation inspector in charge of the case questioned Carl Eriksson at Pattaya Police station.

A tearful Eriksson admitted to killing the woman, he knew only as Gae, after picking her up from Beach Road.

Eriksson recalled that the two had gotten into an argument after playing a little too hard. During the argument Eriksson told the woman to leave his room before he became even more angry. According to the Swede, the woman did not listen and she subsequently stabbed him in the leg with a broken bottle.

Eriksson said “he lost his temper” and retaliated by hitting the woman over the head with a bottle with great force, and hit her. He claimed that it was only when he regained some senses that he noticed the woman was dead. Afraid of what he had done, he purchased a large travel bag and garbage bags, placed her naked body in them and dumped the bags in the vacant lot.

Eriksson said he then returned to his hotel room and cleaned up. He added that he stayed there for 3 days and checked out when he heard police had found the woman’s body. He fled to Bangkok where he called his parents to tell them what had happened.

Apparently they had urged him to turn himself over to police.

Eriksson said the event had replayed in his mind over the next 11 days and that he had gotten little sleep, claiming that when he closed his eyes the woman would come to him and argue as to why he had killed her.

Carl said he decided to follow his father’s advice and turn himself in to the embassy rather than police out of fear of being killed before he could see his family again.

A hotel employee found the body. Whilst fixing a fence on the property, he noticed a piece of corrugated iron fencing on the ground and upon lifting it saw the foot of the dead woman and immediately informed police.

This hotel surveillance video shows Eriksson dragging a heavy plastic bag through the lobby.

On Wednesday March 2, Pol. Maj. Gen. Jongrak Jutanont, Region 2 police commander, along with senior Pattaya officers and a further 50 police re-enacted the chain of events in front of over 200 people.

The re-enactment began in the bathroom where Eriksson and the woman were bathing. A tearful Eriksson re-enacted the events right down to taking the body through the lobby, calling a baht bus and dumping the woman’s body over the fence and then back to the hotel to clean the room before fleeing to Bangkok.

After the re-enactment, Pol. Maj. Gen. Jongrak Jutanont said, “At this stage we still don’t know the real identity of the dead woman, only what we know from the perpetrator that she worked the beach road area. I would call anyone who has knowledge to come forth and give us further information.”

The woman was described as 25-30 years old with distinguishing tattoos - large roses on her abdomen and a black dragon on her back - and other, smaller tattoos elsewhere.

“As for the case in general, I do not foresee any problems, since the man had admitted to the crime. Although he claimed to have been injured first, we will see that the legal process is carried in fair and just manner. The man has a lawyer who has been present at every stage and we will proceed as normal,” added the Region 2 commander.

-Pattaya Mail

In the murder case of 40 years old Swedish Carl Kenneth Eriksson

Pattaya People has obtained exclusive information:

He might have known the murdered girl from before that fatal day on February 13 when the murder took place in Sawasdee Court in Soi 10 off Pattaya Second Road.

A source explaine to Pattaya People that Kenneth might have given some money to the murdered girl days before the murder and but the girl did not deliver what she was supposed to. The source was together with the murdered girl, whose identity is still unknown, on the 13.February when Kenneth met her on the Beach Road. We are investigating this matter and will keep you our viewers informed.

Nightmares and an appeal from his father were reasons for him to give himself up to the Thai Police. Kenneth Eriksson explains that the image of the murdered girl kept on coming back to him.

-Pattaya People

Murder suspect turns himself in He confessed to repeatedly slamming her head into the floor

At 3pm on 28th February, Carl Kenneth Eriksson 40 from Sweden went to the Swedish Embassy on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok to turn himself in for the murder of an unidentified woman found in Pattaya on February 18 dumped in black bin liners. His decision to go the embassy was made as a result of an email he received from Police Major Thaweesak. Eriksson was identified in a security video dragging a large case out of a hotel. In the email, the police major promised that he will not be hurt and will be treated fairly if he gives up now. He added that he should not be afraid and advised him to first contact the Swedish embassy. Carl Eriksson then agreed to formerly turn himself in to officers at Pattaya, and this he did this on the evening of March 1.

Arresting officer, Police Lieutenant Colonel Tittipong Sooktien read the charges and began the interrogation. Eriksson explained that on February 13th he had been drinking at the Sawadee Court Hotel on Soi 10 off Pattaya Second Road and after which decided to go for a walk on Pattaya Beach Road. There he met a girl who asked him where he was going and he replied "back to my hotel". She propositioned him and he agreed to pay her 1,000 baht for her time.

In his hotel room, where police later visited with Eriksson he apparently talked with her for two hours. He continued to drink beer while she consumed only water. Eriksson explained to officers that she was a strange woman who thought herself something of a fortune teller. She held his palm for some time but said very little. He explained, "She talked strange; when I was asking in one direction, she was talking in another". After this the girl stood up and removed all her clothes and placed them on a chair. She waked to the bathroom to take a shower and it was at this point Eriksson told her to wait because he wanted to join her. Inside the bathroom, his memory of event became a little hazy. He explained he didn’t normally drink but on this day had consumed a fair amount, and something took place in the bathroom which resulted in their pushing one another. He remembers that she climbed onto the toilet seat, grabbed the shower hose and smashed a window. As he tried to grab her she stabbed him in the foot with a shard of glass. It was this point he grabbed her around the throat and slammed her head twice against the wall. At some point they both slipped on the wet floor and she managed to get away running into room screaming in the corner. He tried to gag her and she bit his finger. He then confessed to repeatedly slamming her head on the floor. Eriksson said he saw her eyes close and her head flop to one side. He tried shaking her but realised she was dead.

He considered going to police but was too afraid, so he went to Tops supermarket in Central Pattaya and bought a pack of large black bin liners and some brown tape. He also called in at Made in Thailand on Second Road to purchase two cases, one for 1,000 baht, the other for 600. These cases were cut and fixed together to create one large bag back at his hotel. He placed her body in the bin liners, he said, "to show respect and to make her body look good when it is found".

The wrapped and taped body was then stuffed into the bag and hauled downstairs around 7.30 that evening into an awaiting taxi. In doing so he was caught in the act by a CCTV camera. The driver of the taxi was ordered to take him to a plot of land next to the Siam Bay View Hotel on Second Road. There the driver actually helped him to offload the bag onto the pavement. Another man unbelievably helped him to haul the weighty luggage over a wall. On the other side, Eriksson dragged the bag alone to a thicket where he removed her bagged body from the case and covered it with a metal plate, placing stones on top.

He said, "I wanted someone to find the body and I wanted her to look good when she was found". He left the improvised case also in the thicket. He added, "I am sorry about her death, I think about her all the time".

After dumping the unknown woman, he went back to the hotel to clean up. He stayed there for a few days owning to an inflammation of his wound on his foot. On the 18th, coming back from Tops Supermarket, he saw a large crowd gathered around the spot. He decided then and there to checkout of his hotel immediately, taking a bus to Bangkok.

There he stayed two days at Sawadee Inn opposite Kao San area and later moved to Nat Guesthouse on the Kao San Road itself. It was here he later received the email and agreed to turn himself in.

Kenneth Eriksson, a former Sergeant commanding a Paratrooper Regiment and a French foreign legionnaire of eight years, said he has been to Thailand on many occasions and the reason he came here in April last year was to give some 40-50,000 Euros (around two to two an a half million baht) to a Thai family he has known for sometime. He said they were poor and he wanted to give them a better life.

He added that when he usually takes girls to his room it is not for sex, but just to talk to them. Again, he reminded officers that he doesn't remember why the fight took place or why he drank so much since he rarely ever drinks alcohol. He added that his friends in Sweden know him as a peaceful man.

He concluded by saying "Really my only intention to come to Thailand this time was to help that poor Thai family".

-Pattaya People

• 2 weeks later...
when he usually takes girls to his room it is not for sex, but just to talk to them. Again, he reminded officers that he doesn't remember why the fight took place or why he drank so much since he rarely ever drinks alcohol. He added that his friends in Sweden know him as a peaceful man.

Yeah...and I've got deal on a bridge in Brooklyn for him... :o

• 2 months later...