Tourist Visa

Greetings-- after reading the Thai MFA website i'm more confused than when i started...

I'm planning an extended vacation in Thailand, departing this coming April 25 or so. I was planning on arriving without a visa, then doing the "visa runs" that i've read about. But i just read that if u arrive without visa, you are limited to 30 days with no extension?

Please clue me in on this: i'm planning on staying perhaps a year or more. I'm 46, US passport, tourist visa..

thanks much!

frank

:o

Greetings-- after reading the Thai MFA website i'm more confused than when i started...

I'm planning an extended vacation in Thailand, departing this coming April 25 or so. I was planning on arriving without a visa, then doing the "visa runs" that i've read about. But i just read that if u arrive without visa, you are limited to 30 days with no extension?

Please clue me in on this: i'm planning on staying perhaps a year or more. I'm 46, US passport, tourist visa..

thanks much!

frank

:D

Apply for a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa at the Thai Consulate in Houston. That will give you 90 day stays as you look at retirement prospects in Thailand :o