Border Runs Limit

There is no limit. But there are reports that after 4 times they will investigate you, to see if you are not working illegaly.

What do you mean investigate?

The last time I went to Mae sai they handed out a flier that gave specifit limits maybe 4 times but I dont remember now?

There is no limit. But there are reports that after 4 times they will investigate you, to see if you are not working illegaly.

Hi Mario2008,

Is this for shure? that after four time the 15 days stamp that this can go on and on.

I do not anny work in Thailand and I can show a proof off income but its not 800.000 THB only 540.000 THB.

Best regard

billshot64

Edited by billshot64

That was two months ago and there has not been any public announcement or report of it happening to anyone. That is why I would like to see the above mentioned flier; or at least know the time-frame it was issued.

Yes - but it was not that many years ago (well perhaps it was that many years - just does not seem like it to use old folks) that visa exempt entry was only 14 days and extensions required an Embassy letter of your good looks if you wanted to stay longer.

I understand that there was never any public announcement of a limitation of visa-exempt entries on land borders but that on the contrary immigration intended this as a covert operation to flush out possible illegal foreign workers. See here. However, as happens often in such cases, this did not remain a secret for long, perhaps because some immigration officers did not understand fully or correctly the instructions they received.

--

Maestro

I understand that there was never any public announcement of a limitation of visa-exempt entries on land borders but that on the contrary immigration intended this as a covert operation to flush out possible illegal foreign workers. See here. However, as happens often in such cases, this did not remain a secret for long, perhaps because some immigration officers did not understand fully or correctly the instructions they received.

--

Maestro

i was told at mai saai that i would not be allowed any more 15 day exemptions,

i had,literely,a passport full of exemptions

Man , give it up. Do you live in a tiny border town that you can walk to the border immigration?

If they made it everyday would you go in and out everyday?

I used to ride all the way to Ban Had Lek from Pattaya on the motor bike.

(I didn't know how to find Popiet or Ban Lem)

Man , give it up. Do you live in a tiny border town that you can walk to the border immigration?

If they made it everyday would you go in and out everyday?

I used to ride all the way to Ban Had Lek from Pattaya on the motor bike.

(I didn't know how to find Popiet or Ban Lem)

Some would be attracted to join the daily at dawn runners. Self flagellation comes to mind. :)