You Live In Thailand, How Many Showers Do You Take A Day?

Jingthing

Expats, how may showers per day (typically)?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whoever voted 3 4. Now I feel DIRTY.

Don't feel dirty. I just do a lot of stuff around the house and garden myself because I am too stingy to pay someone else to do it. Consequently, after cutting the grass I am sweating like a pig, and probably smell like one too. Therefore an additional shower is in order.

Does being caught outside in the rain count too?

Also 'dirty' is not always a bad thing, depends on the context :)

Also,

why does it take my thai family 30-40 minutes per person per shower to do what I do in 5-10 minutes max and 15 mins if I am having a shave in the shower.

Are they dirtier? cleaner?

I, of course, have more to wash than most, :) but still, what are they doing in there?

:) As someone has said, it pretty much depends on how often you go out, any length of time away from aircon whether it be shopping, sight seeing, gym, beach or whatever i'd have a shower the minute i got home just for comfort as much as cleanliness, on average probably two or three 2 minute splashes and one ten minute shower (hair washed etc) before going out at night.

This topic always makes me laugh because of the problems i have had with one particular thai women i lived with regarding showering, if she went out for any length of time and when she left the towels were dry, if she came back and the towels were wet the first thought she had always seemed to be that i must have had sex with someone while she was out and no matter how valid the explaination (been to the gym, been to the beach) sounded to me, in her mind there was no valid reason to have a shower while she was out, so it must have been because i had had sex with someone :D:D .

Also,

why does it take my thai family 30-40 minutes per person per shower to do what I do in 5-10 minutes max and 15 mins if I am having a shave in the shower.

I, of course, have more to wash than most, :) but still, what are they doing in there?

------------------------------------

hahaha!!!,, have you checked yet????? My family is the same, I happened to see that both of the small kids

taking that long time for shower. I looked and they were cleaning their underware... It was a assignment, good or bad they do it every day.. So as you say they shower really long.. And next time I did find out

(beginning of my stay her in Thailand) that people they didn´t flush the toilett after they pee. -"Oh save water" was the reply to my angry question.

So save water is OK when you pee, but not when you stand there and clean your underware in the shower....

Off topic, of course, but nice entertainment, I hope!!

Glegolo

Also,

I agree with this. My wife used to remark how quick I was in the shower. I pointed out it wasn't me being quick its was her being slow (step-daughter even slower). Don't see why it should take more than 5 minutes to have a shower - its not like I work in a coal mine or anything.

Also,

I asked my younger daughter why taking a hot/warm shower took her so long.

The answer:

I LIKE

Enough said, I guess.

However, she is always trying to induce me in using less electrics.

When I asked her if she had any idea how much electricity she is using while having her twice daily shower periodicals, using a 4400 watts heater, the answer:

I LIKE

Oh well!

Edited by hansnl

in general 2 but after exercise, outdoor work... add....

in the tropics it certainly can become compulsive behavior

to have a bath/shower... there is simply no better way to rid the body of the heat.

I prefer the Thai-Style (ap nam) pouring water from some container over the body,

it is usually much cooler than tap water, especially if it comes from one of these outdoor

tanks!

Another aspect of this, cold or hot showers. When I first moved here I still wanted hot showers because they "clean better" but now its all cold, even in winter. I used to think of cold showers as some kind of torture ...

The survey is about a typical day. Obviously some days are more active and sweaty than others, wink wink nod nod ...

Edited by Jingthing

Also,

I, of course, have more to wash than most, :D but still, what are they doing in there?

I agree with this. My wife used to remark how quick I was in the shower. I pointed out it wasn't me being quick its was her being slow (step-daughter even slower). Don't see why it should take more than 5 minutes to have a shower - its not like I work in a coal mine or anything.

Not in a coal mine, but we are getting nearer to the truth.

I notice, my wife at least, scrubs, scrub, scrub her skin alot. Asked why and the theory behind it and thinking I would get a lesson on exfoliating. See said to make her skin more white (or is it whiter?).

So maybe this is the reason.

of course this wont applied to most Thai Visa members as they all married white bangkok ladies with university degrees. :D

me too of course :):D

I get so used to enjoy taking a shower, that even during breaks from Thailand I can't do a day without one. Even while trekking in the Himalayas, where I am often the only one using the outdoor shower.

But that's understandable, 'cause the water comes from the mountains and is really refreshing and all the others do not live in Thailand.

I get so used to enjoy taking a shower, that even during breaks from Thailand I can't do a day without one. Even while trekking in the Himalayas, where I am often the only one using the outdoor shower.

But that's understandable, 'cause the water comes from the mountains and is really refreshing and all the others do not live in Thailand.

My first time trekking in the Himalayas, send me jumping, after a long and arduous ascent, into a creek.... I was out as fast as I jumped in, it was very, very close to freezing! Felt like it stopped my circulation for a second or two.... but yes, nice if not unexpected!

had some dips in glacial run off.... :) wonderful refreshing!

in general 2 but after exercise, outdoor work... add....

in the tropics it certainly can become compulsive behavior

to have a bath/shower... there is simply no better way to rid the body of the heat.

I prefer the Thai-Style (ap nam) pouring water from some container over the body,

it is usually much cooler than tap water, especially if it comes from one of these outdoor

tanks!

So you stand by the outside tanks naked?

I still don't like the idea of chucking water about all over the place like my wife does; it just seems very wasteful after paying horrifically high water bills in the UK for many years. 2 showers a day will normally suffice but if I go out I can't resist another when returning home.