Who's Gonna Watch The Aussies Flog The Poms

Blinky Bill

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

Yeah we lent her our queen temporarily when we let them rule themselves in the hope they could come up with someone eventually to replace her, but it's been over a century now, and we are still waiting. They whinge about her all the time but are too weak, divided and feckless to do anything about it. In any case, they don't have any antipodeans of discernible quality to put on the money if ever they did. Maybe a 'Neighbours' star or Rolf Harris and, as we are seeing now, they don't have any notable cricketers or rugby players anymore do they?

Is the Queen of England different to the queen from England?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the talk in the media before this game was about the weakness of England middle order. I have seen many collapses in this department during my 50 plus years as an England supporter but yesterdays collapse of the Aussie middle order ranks with some of the worst I have ever seen.

Indeed; has anyone else done any sums? All the Australian wickets fell for a total of only 87 runs! Ok, so a couple of the umpiring decisions were downright awful (especially Clarke) but that's the old 'Swings and Roundabouts' routine, as another couple of batsmen should have been given lbw and were not sent back.

Looking at the start of Englands second innings I would say that this match could well be on a knife edge right until the end because the pitch is crumbling and will get worse through the third day. If the Aussies have to chase 300 plus batting last they will be under a great deal of pressure on that track and I wouldn't fancy being out there at No7 still needing another 150 to retain the ashes!

Whoever you support it's a great match to witness for the end of a series.

Good summing up.

If we can eek out a score of 200 today then it'll be very tough for the Aussies, but they have some classy batsman... We may well crumble to all out in 100-130, but that's still a lead of 250 plus on this wicket which will be tough to meet. I'd feel more confident with a lead of 350 though.

Yes, one of them is a rock band, and the other one isn't. But I'm not sure which is which.

Both of them like to dress in women's clothes, but don't quite get it right.

Edited by KevinHunt

Not to fan the flames, but is it really true that Australia has the Queen of England on their money? :)

Yeah we lent her our queen temporarily when we let them rule themselves in the hope they could come up with someone eventually to replace her, but it's been over a century now, and we are still waiting. They whinge about her all the time but are too weak, divided and feckless to do anything about it. In any case, they don't have any antipodeans of discernible quality to put on the money if ever they did. Maybe a 'Neighbours' star or Rolf Harris and, as we are seeing now, they don't have any notable cricketers or rugby players anymore do they?

You can't help yourself mate.

Why are you so anti-Aussie?

Did one used to beat you

up at school or steal your

girlfriend?

Goose!

Will

Edited by Will27

Please rise for the English prom-queen...

post-39032-1250920480_thumb.jpg

Edited by jasreeve17

talking about fanning the flames, how bout a bombshell?

Is the Queen legit?

I viewed a doco "Britians Real Monarch" and they said that King Edward 4ths claim to the throne was illegitimate. Also claimed in the doco is that the person who should be the current King, Michael Hastings is living of all places, in Jerildere, outback of Australia :D

and a committed republican!! :D

And to not "fan the flames" either let me say that Australia does not have "the Queen of England" on the 100, 50, 20, or 5 dollar notes. I do not have a $10.00 so cannot comment on that.

But "the Don" (the greatest cricketer who ever lived) should be on one as he certainly earned the right to be included.

New Zealand does have her head on the $20.00 bill, but on the $100.00 there is Lord Rutherford of Nelson (google him if you are not familiar with who he is, or what his claim to fame was)) I think Sir Edmond Hillary is on the $5.00 bill and yes the old girl who lives in Buckingham Palace is on the $20.00 "and we want to change that ASAP"

Can't remember who is on the $50.00 or $10.00 bills "but it is not the lady from BP (Buckingham Palace)

Nuff said :D

Sir Apirana Ngata on the $50, Kate Shepard on the $10

post-15912-1250923930_thumb.jpg

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..........and if you beat us don't forget Freddy has a bad knee, Ramprakash (if he plays) is almost 40, Onions eyes keep watering and Strauss waves his bat like a baton as if conducting the bloody Blue Danube, so not too many deliveries just outside the off stump please (you know, the way McGrath used to do it).

Cheers, grab a stubbie me ole digger sport mate and g'day (whatever the hel_l that means). :)

Freddy has a sore leg? Sad.

Ramprakash, a great English name. Where does he hail from? Stratton-on-Avon?

Onions eyes keep watering? That's almost funny.

Strauss waves his bat like a baton? Well with a name like that I guess he's used to conducting a group.

You f#$%#$g, dum$#@se, wa%^$ng, whinging pommie c#$#s are gonna be slaughtered. :D

Post 2nd World War saw a huge migration to Australia by Europeans, mainly Italians and Greeks but others from almost every nation. These Europeans were responsible for the massive building program that took place at the time and were part of the huge package that made Australia the wonderful multicultural sporting nation that it is today. The Poms continued to find their way to Australia in the 1950's and 1960's by way of assisted passage. They had to pay 10 pounds to get there and eventually were able to integrate themselves into the system. Most of these characters became prison warders, trades union officials and various other jobs where they could continue in their whining and whinging ways. Of course later, in the 1970's and 80's there was the Indochinese migration with 10's of thousands of refugees finding Australia as their new home. Now in the new millennium Australia is experiencing an influx of people from various African nations.

So, little old Australia, with it's meagre population of 19 million souls (of which approximately 25% weren't born there) can find a team of 11 to flog that team from the western extremes of Europe, a team which is made up Indians, South Africans and a few indigenous poms. Should be a good fun match to conclude the series.

What a rant.

If you read this guy's 2 posting s above, none of it makes any sense - he seems completely twisted - is he racist, anti-immigrant, paranoid, schizo or all four?

A very pleasing session that was. Certainly shows the pitch wasn't quite as bad as the Aussie media have been suggesting.

Ricky must be in some discomfort from that one he caught in the face.

England looking to open up a bit in the afternoon I suspect.

Chas, how much of Buckwheat's Tequila is left? I think I need it.

If you read this guy's 2 posting s above, none of it makes any sense - he seems completely twisted - is he racist, anti-immigrant, paranoid, schizo or all four?

Read it as you wish Tyke.

IMO, I'm none of the above but others may disagree and they are welcome to their opinion.

The only people I dislike are jerks. I don't think I like you. :)

You've got him all wrong. He is one of Chiang Mai's most beloved characters. Don't piss him off though! :)

A very pleasing session that was. Certainly shows the pitch wasn't quite as bad as the Aussie media have been suggesting.

Yep,

Our score is looking respectable, so the Aussies innings is looking a poor one because pound for pound they're a stronger batting line up. This match has gone beyond Australia now; we look like getting 200 plus, so they'll need 400+! Not gonna happen on this pitch...

Very surprising after the first test when we looked outclassed.

Yep,

Our score is looking respectable, so the Aussies innings is looking a poor one because pound for pound they're a stronger batting line up. This match has gone beyond Australia now; we look like getting 200 plus, so they'll need 400+! Not gonna happen on this pitch...

I hate to admit it Jas, but I think you are right. Freddie just got caught but too little too late.

I can never show my face in public again. Well, not tonight at least.

Yep,

I hate to admit it Jas, but I think you are right. Freddie just got caught but too little too late.

Don't worry Blinky the Aussies have had the best of it over the last couple of decades (other than the rugby world cup and a couple of ashes series)...

I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in CM. Any Aussie beers available in CM? Import bottles; VB, Tooheys, XXXX... I'm trying to remember one I likes a lot when over there... was it Carlton cold? There was I pub I sometimes went to in Kensington that had it too - the only time I saw it in England.

(Fosters were pushing their beer in Bangkok about 5 years ago, don't see it around anymore though.)

A website to bring back some memories:

http://www.australianbeers.com/ :)

Yep,

too right mate~ ABs 19-18 Wallabies :) great game either way, Dingo Deans looked like he was attending someones funeral when being interviewed after the game.

Dont think ive ever seen a rugby game with so much blood spilt

Don't underestimate the Aussies in a fight!

If they still have 10 wickets remaining with two full days play left - I would say 'the fat lady hasn't sung yet'.

However, I certainly hope she starts singing before too long!!

Don't underestimate the Aussies in a fight!

If they still have 10 wickets remaining with two full days play left - I would say 'the fat lady hasn't sung yet'.

However, I certainly hope she starts singing before too long!!

Agreed, and they have made a good start to their 2nd innings. However, the Aussies have a steep uphill path and were looking a bit tired today. I think England declared with confidence, but we will see.....

Just wonder if I dare make a comment, without upsetting the mods! a hard up hill 2 days facing the baggy greens maybe a draw but we will see, as far as the allblacks match went this mornings papers are full of excuses , not one comment that on the day the more consistent team won, there you go nothing derogatory :)

Just wonder if I dare make a comment, without upsetting the mods! a hard up hill 2 days facing the baggy greens maybe a draw but we will see, as far as the allblacks match went this mornings papers are full of excuses , not one comment that on the day the more consistent team won, there you go nothing derogatory :)

A draw's not on the cards - should be an England win if they are worth their salt, otherwise history is in the making for the Aussies. Either way, should be an entertaining last day or two and a great finish to an otherwise mediocre Ashes series.

A quick question - why do you think that Australia, with a relatively small population, produces so many winning sports teams? Is it the structure, the mentality or a bit of both?

I was a bit quick in my congratulations yesterday "I thought that it was all done and dusted" I hope to see a draw now :)

On the subect of "why do you think that Australia, with a relatively small population, produces so many winning sports teams? Is it the structure, the mentality or a bit of both?"

I would suggest that it is the structure and the mentality plus the fact that they have a body "the Australian Institute of Sport" which supports sport's people who show some promise and ability.

Some of the worlds greatest athletes (and those from other sporting disciplines) have been Australian "and one shouldn't forget NZ either in the equation"

Edited by john b good

No it's certainly not over yet. Katich and Watson played well to be undefeated at the close but there is a long way to go to get to 546. Should be a very tense days play today. No chance of a draw in my eyes either an England win or a record smashing victory for the Aussies.

Any cricket fans wanting to watch it at Tuskers can have 25% off for the rest of the test.

On the question as to why Australia consistently punch above their weight across a huge range of sports I believe it is a combination of a sporting culture, a climate that encourages out door activity all year round and an excellent academy system which I am delighted that many sports in the UK are now copying.

Anyway here's to an excellent days play today.

Info: I am nearly blind and do my best in reading and writing. If I am uninformed then inform me, I thought the only true Australians were Aborigines and the reast British rejects.

Davey, Davey, Davey, have you ever heard the phrase, "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to opens one's mouth and remove all doubt."?

Australia, like so many countries was built with migrant labour. Yes, sadly Australia was originally colonised by, as you put it, 'British rejects'. These so called rejects, were in many if not most cases, victims of the economic failure in the UK at the time and were incarcerated for extremely petty misdemeanors. It was their jailers, employed by the British Government to watch over these poor souls, who were the scourge and responsible for wiping out the Tasmanian Aboriginals to all but the last 2 people not to mention so many other atrocious acts on their fellow humans.

Post 2nd World War saw a huge migration to Australia by Europeans, mainly Italians and Greeks but others from almost every nation. These Europeans were responsible for the massive building program that took place at the time and were part of the huge package that made Australia the wonderful multicultural sporting nation that it is today. The Poms continued to find their way to Australia in the 1950's and 1960's by way of assisted passage. They had to pay 10 pounds to get there and eventually were able to integrate themselves into the system. Most of these characters became prison warders, trades union officials and various other jobs where they could continue in their whining and whinging ways. Of course later, in the 1970's and 80's there was the Indochinese migration with 10's of thousands of refugees finding Australia as their new home. Now in the new millennium Australia is experiencing an influx of people from various African nations.

So, little old Australia, with it's meagre population of 19 million souls (of which approximately 25% weren't born there) can find a team of 11 to flog that team from the western extremes of Europe, a team which is made up Indians, South Africans and a few indigenous poms. Should be a good fun match to conclude the series.

What a rant.

Thanks Blinky for an infomative and constructive reply. Pity other Aussies can't do likewise in stead of mouthing off and throwing insults but, I suppose he never quite got over being 'a colonial cousin' status.

Who cares who wins, isn't it the playing of the game and the sportsmanship (absent in some other Aussies) that counts and not bringing the football holligan element/mentality into an otherwise solid sport?

I really don't care who wins DB just so long as the Ashes Trophy has Australia engraved as the 2009 holders.

Perhaps the topic needs re-titling to "Who's gonna watch the poms flog the Aussies"

<H3 class="sub-heading padding-top-3" sizcache="3" sizset="37">Aussies get excuses in early </H3>ENGLAND haven't won The Ashes back yet — but the Aussies have their excuses ready