Hate Shaving

BrissyBoy

Personally i dislike shaving. Add to this my facial hair regrows quite quickly.

The missus doesn't like my having stubble.

Plus if i shave too often then i get a lot of irritation on the face especially around the base of the hairs.

I have heard about electrolysis but do not know about its effectivness. I am really after a permanent solution if i could as i don't think i want a beard later on.

Can somebody please advise about electrolysis on the face and if it is available in bangkok.

BrissyBoy

Shaving, this is what us guys do due to the testosterone/hormone production in the body producing. You go messing around with sht like that and whoosh! Before you know it you'll be strutting your stuff down Patpong in high-heels and dressed to the tens! :D

You can try Electrolosis but I think its expensive, but effective. Its effects may wear off after a while.

Besides as long as you take time to have a close shave you can get rid of the stubble! until the next day that is!

Start being a man. :o Get out the 'cut throat razor'!! That'll get rid of the stubble and save you a packet in the process!

Good luck.

Edited by JimsKnight

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have the same problem, but now I PLUCK IT ONE BY ONE.

Trust me, it's the best.

Painful the first time, but it uproots the hair and gives you the "cleanest and smoothest" shave ever, and it gets addictive actually.

You must have had very few to be able to pluck them out.

I have never had any luck with electric shavers, the mach 3 blades really work well for me.

i looked into the latest hair removal techniques.

electrolysis is ok but not the best

depilatories are ok but not the best

laser hair removal is better than most, but

the best is a new technique not yet available, as near as i can tell, in thailand. it involves a laser and hi frequency radio waves. the laser works best on dark hair/light skin, while the radio works on light har/light skin and does less damage to the skin itself.

laser treatment is available in thailand at many places. look for it at skin clinics. cost is not cheap though. (i forget. maybe 60k per full face per session. at least 3 sessions over about a year) but when done, you'll be as close to a baby as you will ever be.

i was looking at this in terms of bringing the new machines in but lost interest when i started to run afoul of the regulatory structure.

I used to have the same problem, but now I PLUCK IT ONE BY ONE.

Trust me, it's the best.

Painful the first time, but it uproots the hair and gives you the "cleanest and smoothest" shave ever, and it gets addictive actually.

You must have had very few to be able to pluck them out.

I have never had any luck with electric shavers, the mach 3 blades really work well for me.

Oh!

And if I may add. I've ridden in some taxis here in BKK and in Manila (philippines) with the taxi driver doing the plucking as well... while driving.

Using two coins instead of tweezers! (25 satang each in BKK, 25 centavos each in Manila). :o

Laser is not permanent for all users and it doesn't work well on beards. It will leave splotches of bare spots in many cases. Electrolysis is truly permanent but can be very slow. Depilatories are about worthless for removing a beard. It uses chemicals to "melt" the hair down to the skin surface. I don't know many people that haven't had a reaction to these chemicals and it would probably be quite noticeable on ones face. I don't even think it's recommended to be used there.

There are about 3 different companies that are working on a "permanent" way to remove hair. One was just bought by Merck and trials are supposed to start in '07. The other two are in clinical trials now. One other, Applisonix is still in development and uses ultrasound.

I'll be glad when something comes out. I can't shave often as I need to let it grow out or my neck below the jaw line becomes a bloody mess.

• 4 months later...

I too hate shaving!

I know it'll shock, but I discovered shaving with KY Gel - yes - KY, gives a superior shave. It's the same formulation used for doing ultrascans on pregnant women.

Now back in the UK there's no way I'm going to my local Boots/Superdrug and buying a couple of litres of the stuff!

Seriously, that stuff has to be super high quality if it's used on sensitive body parts. After I shaved with it, there was no irritation, very, very little in the way of nicks, meaning I could get dressed without those spots of blood on my t-shirt.

Don't be shy, give it a try.

Let the ridicule/flaming begin..........

I too hate shaving!

I know it'll shock, but I discovered shaving with KY Gel - yes - KY, gives a superior shave. It's the same formulation used for doing ultrascans on pregnant women.

Now back in the UK there's no way I'm going to my local Boots/Superdrug and buying a couple of litres of the stuff!

Seriously, that stuff has to be super high quality if it's used on sensitive body parts. After I shaved with it, there was no irritation, very, very little in the way of nicks, meaning I could get dressed without those spots of blood on my t-shirt.

try just shaving down never up,my neck was full of spots until i started only down,also shave in cold water, after a shower your beard is much softer ,put after shave on your chest ,you will still smell nice but your face will feel much cooler :o

I too hate shaving!

try just shaving down never up,my neck was full of spots until i started only down,also shave in cold water, after a shower your beard is much softer ,put after shave on your chest ,you will still smell nice but your face will feel much cooler :o

Can't go by shaving up or down. It depends on which way the hair is growing on a guys neck. I go with the grain. You don't get as close a shave, but you also dont get a bloody mess either.

For those never wanting to shave again...some good news on the horizon: (From Yahoo Finance website)

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070514/quest_phar...am_nt.html?.v=1

EDMONTON, AB and SAN DIEGO, CA, May 14 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest") (TSX: QPT - News) announced today that Paramount BioSciences, LLC, has acquired multinational rights to Quest's proprietary SonoLight technology for dermatology applications. Paramount BioSciences is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm with a portfolio of life-sciences-focused companies. The deal gives Paramount BioSciences access to a library of Hypocrellin B-derived photosensitizers which are activated by light or ultrasound energy sources. Quest's SonoLight photosensitizer technology is designed around Hypocrellin B, a complex small molecule isolated from a parasitic fungus (Hypocrella bambusae) normally found in Chinese bamboo trees. Multiple Hypocrellin B derivatives are available for evaluation in a wide variety of dermatology and oncology indications. The lead compound, SL017 formulated as a topical gel, has been combined with a widely available light source for permanent removal of unwanted hair and for treatment of actinic keratosis.

Under the terms of the agreement, Paramount BioSciences is responsible for dermatology-related development and commercialization activities outside of Canada. In addition, the agreement with Paramount BioSciences allows KMH Co. Ltd. to develop SL017 as a cosmetic for hair removal in Asia and acne in South Korea. In return, Quest will receive an immediate upfront payment and potential future milestone payments in excess of $35 million USD plus royalties on sales. Quest will retain Canadian rights for dermatology and worldwide rights to non-dermatology applications.

"Paramount BioSciences is very excited to be involved in the SonoLight program. We have already mobilized our in-house team to begin product development and lay the groundwork for the Paramount portfolio company that will continue development and ultimately commercialize this novel technology," said Bertrand Liang, Vice Chairman of Paramount BioSciences.

Quest is exploring the possibility of introducing SL017 topical gel to the Canadian cosmetic market for permanent hair removal after the completion of their ongoing clinical program. KMH has recently initiated a clinical program with the objective of registering SL017 as a cosmetic product for hair removal in Korea.

"I am very pleased to have found a strategic partner like Paramount BioSciences who shares our vision in the potential of our SonoLight Technology, and has the expertise and financial resources to develop SL017 for the U.S and European markets," said Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest."

By chance I ended up having to buy a Gillette Mach 3 (three blade) razor...

I also use a Mach 3. :D

No rashes and it really does make shaving a breeze. :D

Replacement blades are a bit expensive but the results are worth it. :D

Looks like most guys who shave with a blade, use Gillette Mach 3 or Mach 3 Turbo. Well, guys, there is a much (really much) better razor available. it's called "Gillette Fusion" and has 5 blades. It is so much softer than Mach 3 or Mach 3 Turbo. My face is like the proverbial baby bottom.

There is only one downside: It isn't sold in Thailand.

Now here is a crazy thing. I asked my friend in Switzerland to buy a supply and send to me by FedEx. I know, I know, costs more than the blades, and these Fusion blades are already expensive.

For reasons unknown to me, Amazon.com refuses to ship them to Thailand. Must have something to do with national safety. :o

Edited by dominique355

By chance I ended up having to buy a Gillette Mach 3 (three blade) razor...

I also use a Mach 3. :D

No rashes and it really does make shaving a breeze. :D

Replacement blades are a bit expensive but the results are worth it. :D

Looks like most guys who shave with a blade, use Gillette Mach 3 or Mach 3 Turbo. Well, guys, there is a much (really much) better razor available. it's called "Gillette Fusion" and has 5 blades. It is so much softer than Mach 3 or Mach 3 Turbo. My face is like the proverbial baby bottom.

There is only one downside: It isn't sold in Thailand.

Now here is a crazy thing. I asked my friend in Switzerland to buy a supply and send to me by FedEx. I know, I know, costs more than the blades, and these Fusion blades are already expensive.

For reasons unknown to me, Amazon.com refuses to ship them to Thailand. Must have something to do with national safety. :o

The 5 blader is not sold here most probably because most thai males could shave with tweezers, hence no real market for the price.