Hate Shaving

BrissyBoy

Another one for the mach 3 turbo. Used to get horrible rashes down the side of my neck where it was difficult to shave properly. But now I only have to shave every two days and I'm very dark person. In the hair sense not the heart :o

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Personally cannot see the need for shaving cream or oils, for the last thirty years I have only used ordinary washing soap.

Same here. Never used a foam or gel in my life. I just use good old soap. I'm bloody glad that I do when I see the prices of some foams.

Soak bristles with water. Rub bristles with soap. Rub soap into a lather. Scrape with cheapo Gillette twin blade going with the grain. Then scrape against the grain for smooth finish. Then when finished shaving the wife, sniff razor. :D

Use same razor until it no longer cuts through the bristles but starts digging into them and plucks them out. :o

From the Bumrungrad website. Have you thought of Laser hair removal?

"A world with no more razors, waxing or painful electrolysis! Laser hair removal offers patients a safe, fast and effective alternative to deal with unwanted hair."

NL

I'd have to agree with most here. I also use the mach 3 turbo. I do tend to use the normal foam. I'm lucky in the fact i can shave still once every 2 days. Then again i think alot of you out age me by 20 years. Of course no offense intended.

Laser hair removal is normally used for relatively small areas of hair, typically on the ears or eyebrows, or a female's upper lip. The procedure is that an analgesic cream is put on the skin for about 45 minutes and then each hair follicle is zapped separately. You can do it without analgesic, but it hurts like he11.

The catch is that each follicle has its own growth cycle and laser zapping can only disable it at a particular point in the cycle. So you have to keep going back every 4-6 weeks to have the same hairs zapped over and over. Kind of like Russian Roulette. So it takes a long time. Each session can be a couple of thousand baht at Bumrungrad, based on the time it takes. I doubt anyone would do a whole beard, except maybe a woman - or a transvestite. :o

It's true that an electric shave isn't as close as a razor shave, but if you have sensitive skin it's the best option. If you have really sensitive skin, you need to put the aircon on and use talc before shaving. Done that way, it's not a problem shaving twice a day.

My beard is softer if I shave while showering or after showering. I use a mach 3 and a shave gel rather than a shave foam. One year someone gave me Aramis shaving products for Christmas. I must admit the prep soap and shaving cream made for a smooth shave.

Oh yeah, I hate shaving too.

I was told many years ago to use Virgin olive oil on My legs before I shaved them, (hate waxing) Tried it & have done it ever since, never get rashes, legs, & bits are very smooth to the touch :D & My Fella uses it on his face before he shaves, he never breaks out in spots, his face is as smooth as a babies bottom, & I dont get a rash :o

Well I have upgraded to the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo and am now shaving with the grain as opposed to against it. Takes a little longer shaving and a little more care but the end result is definitely worth it.

It is really quite smooth. Just have to do a few sweeps of the face. But the main benifit is that all the irritation has gone.

Now shaving is not so much of a chore any more.

I hadn't heard of lazer removal before but i don't think i will be contemplating that or electrolysis any more. Can't stand pain and do not fancy going back time after time for repeat treatments.

I use a Mach 3 also. Shave twice a day; morning and at bedtime.

I shave in the shower and just use soap. Rub a little and you get lather and the water and steam of the shower makes things smooth as silk.

Will try the Mach 3 Turbo just for fun.

Yes the replacement packs are expensive. Groan.

I haven't seen the Mach 3 Turbo here in Thailand yet... only the Mach 3.

Has anyone else seen it?

Is it just a cosmetic upgrade of the whole razor whilst still using the same blades or is it a new blade/razor completely?

you could do like me and leave it to grow and then trim it with a beard trimmer to about 2/3 mm.

Never a rash , your stubble is long enoguh to be soft.

It gives you the george michael look :D

Do you look like this <deleted>?

GM.jpg

:o

:D

I go for electric , Braun is the type which fits me . I sometimes use the knive types but there i have the problem with ingroing hairs and i cannot shave every day ( i want smooth ) . With my electric shaving machine , i'll shave everyday , allthough not as smooth as razor but i get no pimples , rash , pain , ingroing hairs etc ... whatsoever ... I don't go back on razors if i want to shave everyday ( back home i shave maybe 1 or 2 times a week and then the razor is much better ) .

For info, Gillette has a new version of their MACH3 Turbo, called the M3 POWER.

The M3 POWER has a motor run by one AAA battery contained within the handle. According to Gillette, when the M3 POWER is turned on, it creates "Micro-Pulses" which raise the facial hair, allowing for closer shaves.

The M3 POWER utilizes the same blade cartridges as the MACH3 Turbo.

The M3 POWER is available in North America and most of Europe, however, it may not be available yet in LOS. Gilette's Australian website says its "Coming Soon". (AU website here)

More details on M3 POWER here

(I suppose M3 POWER users could now be classified as "electric razor" users. :o )

cheers

Edited by waldwolf

• 1 year later...

I have found that Braun electric razors are much better than Philips (rotary) electric razors, which, for years, irritated my skin. I switched a few years ago and have found the Braun system much better (no irritation). I cannot remember how I damaged the sideburn cutter that slides out, but be careful (not a manufacturer issue, just not clumsy-proof). BTW, hot water cleans it very well, just like it is advertised. No issues whatsoever with that.

Edited by MyPenRye

I am forced to shave to a smooth finish otherwise SHE bitches about a beard rash. :o

I use an old Gillette razor that takes double sided blades and I use normal foam shaving cream.

I shave twice per session. The first time removes most of the stubble but after the second time, her lips can dance upon my face without causing her irritation.

In Thailand, Gillette blades are available at give away prices at your local market.

When I was just a kid, I wondered why my father always shaved twice per session. Now I know. :D

For info, Gillette has a new version of their MACH3 Turbo, called the M3 POWER.

The M3 POWER has a motor run by one AAA battery contained within the handle. According to Gillette, when the M3 POWER is turned on, it creates "Micro-Pulses" which raise the facial hair, allowing for closer shaves.

The M3 POWER utilizes the same blade cartridges as the MACH3 Turbo.

The M3 POWER is available in North America and most of Europe, however, it may not be available yet in LOS. Gilette's Australian website says its "Coming Soon". (AU website here)

More details on M3 POWER here

(I suppose M3 POWER users could now be classified as "electric razor" users. :D )

cheers

Correct: Gillette M3 Power "Nitro"

This idea is not new. Bought something like that from 20 years ago - was real fustily.

Maybe the same effect when you would use a massage vibrator on your face :o .

Maybe this is a bit better but the price sure also.

BTW: I paid 275 Baht for Gillette MACH3 Turbo with 4 pieces in my shop.

The latest from the makers of the Mach 3, have yet to see it available in Thailand.

Gillette Fusion

On the front, there is a 5 Blade :o Shaving Surface™ Technology that has five blades spaced closer together to help reduce pressure. :D

On the back, there is one Precision Trimmer blade, which is perfect for tricky places like sideburns, under the nose and around facial hair. :D

Forgot to mention that there is a battery powered version as well :D Don't ask, I have no idea how it works either :D

Edited by dvk1951

Laser hair removal will take care of it permanently. AT least 5 treatments although the amount you'll need to shave will decrease progressively after each one.

It hurts a bit so insist on the numbing cream being on for at least 45 minutes first if you decide on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I still dont think i have had a closer shave than using a cut throat and not the toy replaceable blade ones, the good old ones you need a strop to sharpen on.

but i use the Mach 3, tried the turbo and ended up slicing the crap out of my face and getting rashes on the neck, changed back to the mach 3 and problems went away.

Personally i dislike shaving. Add to this my facial hair regrows quite quickly.

The missus doesn't like my having stubble.

Plus if i shave too often then i get a lot of irritation on the face especially around the base of the hairs.

I have heard about electrolysis but do not know about its effectivness. I am really after a permanent solution if i could as i don't think i want a beard later on.

Can somebody please advise about electrolysis on the face and if it is available in bangkok.

BrissyBoy

Just a bit of a question here, are you on any kind of hormone therapy like Testosterone? That can change a soft beard into a wire brush in about a week. Also if you are on any medication for hypertension. I am not sure if that is a possibility but Rogaine was discovered from hypertension research. I am not sure if that applies to facial hair.

The laser treatment is good but also very permanent. From my understanding it is done in 3 sessions because hair grows in 3 stages. You will look like you have a sunburn for about a week after each session.

I use an electric shaver, but it is not as close as a razor. My 5:00 shadow comes at about 3:00. From time to time I use a disposable but it irritates my face because I am not use to it.