I Arrived Last Week, Do I Need To Report 90-days Today?

I have a 1-year visa made on May 14th when I also reported 90-days. I got a new paper in my passport saying to me to report on August 13th. I have been abroad the summer and came back 11th of August (re-entry permit).

Does my 90-days still count or can I throw away my old paper and go there 90 days from my arrival? :)

I am totally lost. Help would be highly appreciated. :D

In my Opinion, I disagree but others can correct me. If his visa was a multiple entry visa, then his reentry will reset the day to report to day 1. However, it seems that his is a single entry visa, since he needs to report every 90 days and get a re entry permit, therefore the reentry does not count as a report.

I cannot find any official information in the links on TV on this subject, hence I will follow the default, which is that 90 days reporting needs to be made.

No. When you leave the country, the clock is reset and start again from day 1 when you return.

They will see the entry stamp and now that you left the counry beforeyour report was due.

In my Opinion, I disagree but others can correct me. If his visa was a multiple entry visa, then his reentry will reset the day to report to day 1. However, it seems that his is a single entry visa, since he needs to report every 90 days and get a re entry permit, therefore the reentry does not count as a report.

I cannot find any official information in the links on TV on this subject, hence I will follow the default, which is that 90 days reporting needs to be made.

No. When you leave the country, the clock is reset and start again from day 1 when you return.

They will see the entry stamp and now that you left the counry beforeyour report was due.

The Op is now on extension of stay and hence does 90 day reporting.

Edited by thaiphoon

However, it seems that his is a single entry visa, since he needs to report every 90 days and get a re entry permit, therefore the reentry does not count as a report.

Nope, the 90 day clock is reset upon his recent entry. I wouldn't use the wording that the reentry counts as a report since he wasn't in Thailand 90 days before leaving, so there was no need for a report.

Edited by Jingthing

Does this mean, if he has a single entry visa, but has a multiple entry permit, he can do as if he has a multiple entry visa, keep reentering the country or reporting as he wishes

He has a 12 month extension of stay. He obtained a Re Entry Permit from Immigration and left the country. He returned on 11th August. This means that his next 90 day report is due on 8th November +/- 7 days.

Does this mean, if he has a single entry visa, but has a multiple entry permit, he can do as if he has a multiple entry visa, keep reentering the country or reporting as he wishes
He has a 12 month extension of stay. He obtained a Re Entry Permit from Immigration and left the country. He returned on 11th August. This means that his next 90 day report is due on 8th November +/- 7 days.

He does not have a visa of any kind. He has an extension of his permit to stay. He must have re-entry permit to enter to country to keep his extension of stay valid.

Now I am a bit confused. I do have a 1-year student visa. I went back to sweden for 2.5months (using a re-entrypermit) and just got back last week 2 days before my 90-days reporting should have been made. My visa is due May 14 2010.

Is there a reset in the 90-days when I got here?

Now I am a bit confused. I do have a 1-year student visa. I went back to sweden for 2.5months (using a re-entrypermit) and just got back last week 2 days before my 90-days reporting should have been made. My visa is due May 14 2010.

Is there a reset in the 90-days when I got here?

Yes, the 90 day reporting with the tm8 form is reset when you leave Thailand and starts from day 1 when you re-enter Thailand.

Don't confuse it with going to immigration for an extension of your stay every 90 days, as most people with an ED visa have to do.