Renewal Of Retirement Visa

You cannot renew a visa of any type here.

You can get an extension of stay within the last 30 days of your current permit to stay. So you could of done it today if you wished to.

Absolutely correct.

Absolutely correct and absolutely confusing. Constant corrections of this common misconception in this smug manner are extremely off-putting to inexperienced posters. I know, I was one once. No, a Visa cannot be renewed here, but the way it is always thrust down the posters throat is galling. How much better it would be if the post response was worded in a more helpful fashion saying that "whilst the actual visa itself cannot be extended, the normal practice is to obtain an extension to your permission to stay." Just a slight change in wording but so much less intimidating. From the post above I would also suggest that the OP could HAVE done it today rather than could OF though maybe I'm being a bit picky now! I just hate this corruption of the English language.

I support clear, concise corrections of errors. It is best if we all try to use the same terminology when talking about these technical visa matters. While I get gmac's point, I think it is vastly overstated. It is really asking too much to require that experienced posters always walk on eggshells when correcting common errors for the 100th time. There was nothing rude about the correction. Most of us are adults here, OK?

Edited by Jingthing

These are the copies you need ( at least at Suan Plu in Bangkok);

the picture page in your passport,

the page that has your current entry stamp,

the page that has your O-A visa stamped on it,

and a copy of your departure card

the income verification letter from the US Embassy

a health certificate (some immigration offices want it others don't)

A filled out T.M.7 form (extension of stay)

1900 baht fee for the yearly extension

Remember AFTER you get your yearly extension get a reentry permit (either a single reentry for 1000baht or a multiple reentry for 3800baht).

Also don't forget your 90 day reporting date DOES NOT reset when you get a yearly extension, nor does receiving the extension count as reporting, as they are two completely different things. You will continue to report on your normal reporting day

One thing; you mention in your post you hold an O-A visa. That visa can ONLY be gotten outside of thailand (so being American; I would imagine you got it in the US). If you leave the country via ANY border and re-enter before it expires you get another year automatically. In essence you get two years out of an O-A visa.

The Medical certificate is only required at one Immigration Office in Thailand as far as I know. Usually it is not.

One thing; you mention in your post you hold an O-A visa. That visa can ONLY be gotten outside of thailand (so being American; I would imagine you got it in the US). If you leave the country via ANY border and re-enter before it expires you get another year automatically. In essence you get two years out of an O-A visa.

Only if you have a multi entry. Not if you have a single.