Amount Of Thb 400,000 For Stay 1 Year After Marage Issue

Hello,

I'm new here and i have read a lot of postings, but there still is one question i do not understand really. Please can someone make this more clear for me?

After Marriage my Thaiwife and me would like to stay at her place here in Thailand. I think I will not have an monthly Income of that required THB 40,000 but there is no problem to keep 400,000 or 500,000 THB in a Thaibank account of me. Is it enough to put this money one time (2-3 months before request the visa) on my bank account and keep it there for every year - like a reserve. Or have I to put in 400,000 THB each year again? What exactly do they want / or check?

Because I think I can keep this money one time as a kind of a reserve, but every other Income, will be needed to live for us.

Thanks you for help me to understand this one!

Khaau

Hello,

I'm new here and i have read a lot of postings, but there still is one question i do not understand really. Please can someone make this more clear for me?

After Marriage my Thaiwife and me would like to stay at her place here in Thailand. I think I will not have an monthly Income of that required THB 40,000 but there is no problem to keep 400,000 or 500,000 THB in a Thaibank account of me. Is it enough to put this money one time (2-3 months before request the visa) on my bank account and keep it there for every year - like a reserve. Or have I to put in 400,000 THB each year again? What exactly do they want / or check?

Because I think I can keep this money one time as a kind of a reserve, but every other Income, will be needed to live for us.

Khaau

400 000 BAHT on the account would be ok forever, but there is no need to keep it there all year.

For an extension based upon marriage the 400K needs to be in the bank for 2 months according to the rules but some offices are requiring it be there for 3 months. Check with your assigned immigration office to confirm this and any other requirements they may have.

You can leave it the bank if you wish to and even put it in a fixed term deposit account (CD).

For an extension based upon marriage the 400K needs to be in the bank for 2 months according to the rules but some offices are requiring it be there for 3 months. Check with your assigned immigration office to confirm this and any other requirements they may have.

You can leave it the bank if you wish to and even put it in a fixed term deposit account (CD).

Yes, you have good advise here. But I am really concerned about your future. The reason is haste. You say you are new here, but married already. You ask questions that should have been asked before. I wish you luck, but I am concerned. :)

Hello,

Khaau

400 000 BAHT on the account would be ok forever, but there is no need to keep it there all year.

HMMM. True, but FOREVER? You mean existing regulation, surely. Look up the frequency of new regulations coming up. :)

Actually he does not say that in my reading. He said after marriage they would like to stay in Thailand. When he says 'new here' I read that as new to the forum. He seems to be asking the right questions at the right time to me.

So thanx all you guys for your help and for your concern about my future too :-)

But, when I said i am new here i mean thaivisa.com - not thailand.

I maggiaged abou 6 years ago and i go to thailand now more than 15 years and have worked there for many years, i speak thai quite good and i think i will survive :-)

But now i want to check my options to stay for a long term with a non-imigrant visa because i'am mariaged already instead of a Bussiness Visa. And therfore i was wondering about this 400,00 THB issue. But now i'm clear!

Thanx!

Actually he does not say that in my reading. He said after marriage they would like to stay in Thailand. When he says 'new here' I read that as new to the forum. He seems to be asking the right questions at the right time to me.

Thanx - you are quite right :)