Pattaya Rumours

waza

I am heading to Pattaya this weekend, but I have heard many rumours from friends there and I was just wondering if they are true.

1. The bars will be closed

2. The BIB are in crackdown mode, closing bars early arresting madamsans.

3. The BIB are harrassing tourist for tea money, (more than usual)

4. Prices have gone up again and padding bar bills are common now

5. The BKK BIB are in town

I am heading to Pattaya this weekend, but I have heard many rumours from friends there and I was just wondering if they are true.

1. The bars will be closed yes at 3 -330am

2. The BIB are in crackdown mode, closing bars early arresting mamasans. not really, bit of a crackdown as said and the bars that don't follow get a warning or they take the mamasan / manager, no problem for you though.

3. The BIB are harrassing tourist for tea money, (more than usual) No, never seen tourists get hassled

4. Prices have gone up again and padding bar bills are common now some bars, no different from before, we got stitched up in a gogo last week, would let it put you off though

5. The BKK BIB are in town Nope, its the Sheriff and Banglamung/ Nongprue

Come, you'll have a good weekend for sure. :)

ive also heard that it is very quiet but thats a good thing in my eyes,,,only bars are closing down is the ones who have lost so ur rite in that aspect,,,as for bkk bibs yes ive heard and read on news that they are clamping down still on coyotes etc but nothing more than usual...

dude, i'm gonna be brutally honest with you here. come to Pattaya this weekend. if you wanna play "hey, i'm in Pattaya, let's go fuc_k some shit up!", yes, you are going to get stitched up in one way or another. you wanna come and enjoy a great fuc_king weekend, come to Pattaya. just like the sign says, "pattaya, everyday you can come".

i live here and i come everyday. wonderful chill in the air tonight, btw...

1. The bars will be closed No

2. The BIB are in crackdown mode, closing bars early arresting madamsans. Yes

3. The BIB are harrassing tourist for tea money, (more than usual) No

4. Prices have gone up again and padding bar bills are common now Yes and No

5. The BKK BIB are in town No

Edited by hm1973

One of my favorite bars on Soi 8 was closing as I walked up to it at 5 PM. Reason: few customers. The night before, they only had two girls working the bar and few customers. A lot of bars are closed but mainly due to the economy and low tourism from what I can see. The streets were rather empty. I walked into a GoGo bar on Soi 7 at 830 PM and only four customers, us. The girls are getting hungry. Buyers market now, definitely not seller's market.

Waza,come on down to Pattaya, and have a great time.The bars are quiet, but still far better here than back home I think.

The BIB are not hassling tourists ,but if your on a motorbike riding or pillion, wear a helmet with the strap done up or else you risk a fine, as the law says you should wear a helmet.

The BIB are hassling some bar owners, but that won't impact on you as a customer.

Otherwise normal security rules apply. Don't flash large rolls of money about, don't wear gold, which can get nicked, and don't get so pissed you cant get back to the room.

At the end of the day you will have a great time no doubt.

Waza,come on down to Pattaya, and have a great time.The bars are quiet, but still far better here than back home I think.

The BIB are not hassling tourists ,but if your on a motorbike riding or pillion, wear a helmet with the strap done up or else you risk a fine, as the law says you should wear a helmet.

The BIB are hassling some bar owners, but that won't impact on you as a customer.

Otherwise normal security rules apply. Don't flash large rolls of money about, don't wear gold, which can get nicked, and don't get so pissed you cant get back to the room.

At the end of the day you will have a great time no doubt.

You kidding? If you cant flash a roll of 50kbht, pulling it out for 50 bht beers every time and if you dont wear at least a 5 bht medallion the size of large condom around your neck and walk around shirtless and dont crawl all the way from walking street at 6 am on your hands and knees back to your room, well then you don't know how to party dude :)

1. Even when bars are supposed to be closed, ie, an election you will always find many open bars, just might have to drink your beer out of a coke bottle.

2. I am not sure just what time the Bars are by law supposed to close 12, 1 or 2 o'clock but closing them down at 3 in the morning seems fair to me, arresting bar owners and mamasans who break the law by employing under age girls and illegal aliens also seems OK to me.

3. There's always a first time but never had any problems with the BiB myself, generally speaking the people who seem to have problems are long term residents in particular those that skate on thin ice.

4. In pattaya there are many bars that sell drinks at many times the cost to the bar, bar owners will always try to push the price up, best advice is vote with your feet, padding is very common, usual targets are those that have to much to drink.

5. Thai's like to holiday too including the BiB.

such rumours tend to be put about by people who have an interest in stirring things.

pulling it out for 50 bht beers every time

Where are these bars in Pattaya that sell 50 baht beers?

Soi New Pattaya Plaza opposite Soi7 off Second Road.

Brazilia in SSCC - some beers even cheaper than that.

pulling it out for 50 bht beers every time

Where are these bars in Pattaya that sell 50 baht beers?

Champion Gogo, Walking Street - 35 baht for draught

Club BJ, soi BJ - 39 baht for draught

Living Dolls 1, Walking Street - first beer FREE (with coupon), subsequent beers 55 baht

And loads of others with draught beers ranging from 50 baht to 70 baht.

LD1 put up there beer prices not long ago from a respectable 95baht for a gogo to i think it was 115b or 125b can't remember now but quite a price hike although i think the owner told me that it was to do with taxes going up.

You can still get a heineken in many beer bars for 50 baht and they didn't raise the prices so not sure what that is about.

I never take the 2 for 1 deals as the draught is dogp*ss.

LD1 put up there beer prices not long ago from a respectable 95baht for a gogo to i think it was 115b or 125b can't remember now but quite a price hike although i think the owner told me that it was to do with taxes going up.

You can still get a heineken in many beer bars for 50 baht and they didn't raise the prices so not sure what that is about.

I never take the 2 for 1 deals as the draught is dogp*ss.

Is the dogp*ss draught or bottled-I,ll give it a go :) 1 week to my arrivall-countdown mode now :D:D:D