Eduardo Investigation

gennisis

So,once again Platini is trying to put a black against our teams.

This investigation into the supposed dive by Eduardo....

Ive watched it many times now...slowed the motion down...still cant tell if there was any contact....and the referee has come out and stated that in his opinion it was a justifable and correct decision to award a penalty....so why this witch hunt???

Its true that with the English press, in general they seem to begrudge any praise to Arsenal,and now we have Mr Platini at it !!

Anyhow,after we have beaten Man U today,maybee with a. few goals from Eduardo,the sunday press will be interesting.

MAN U 1....Arsenal 3.

Well I do think it's stupid to focus only on Eduardo for this, as it happens all the fricking time, so kind of senseless to have an "investigation."

But I wonder, gennisis, do you need glasses? Fact is you didn't need slow motion, it was a clear dive. I've seen it many times and it was clear as day that he dived, there was no contact, and it should not have been a penalty. Clear as the sky is blue for me, classic dive. But the biggest fault lies with the ref for giving it. I hope he didn't say it was a correct penalty to give after seeing film of the incident but I don't really care to follow up and find out. If that's the case, he knows it was a dive but just refuses to admit he made a mistake. Sometimes refs are fooled, though. It was a dive, it happens all the time, let's get on with it.

Sometimes refs are fooled, though. It was a dive, it happens all the time, let's get on with it.

Yep. And although it's not a penalty decision, players are also ALWAYS cheating when claiming for a throw in. It can blatantly hit them and they still put their hand up to claim it.

There is only one way to cure this type of thing and that is to use technology at the time of the incident. After the match, it's too late.

There is only one way to cure this type of thing and that is to use technology at the time of the incident. After the match, it's too late.

Which is the point that has been overlooked. It's one thing in introducing the long overdue penalty of punishing players and clubs for misdemeanours/cheating on the pitch -- and the puzzling delay in introducing even the most rudimentary technology, to make football fairer, quite another.

It's saying something when the game of cricket has overtaken football in showing willingness to make the game fairer by introducing a technological referral system. FIFA has thus far shown to be far more staid and reactionary. Too big for their boots I reckon.

It's saying something when the game of cricket has overtaken football in showing willingness to make the game fairer by introducing a technological referral system. FIFA has thus far shown to be far more staid and reactionary. Too big for their boots I reckon.

Absolutely HH. I must admit that I've been for introducing technology for years. There are some who believe that it all evens out over a season but I believe the decision should be the right one at the time.

Absolutely HH. I must admit that I've been for introducing technology for years. There are some who believe that it all evens out over a season but I believe the decision should be the right one at the time.

Yep, completely agree with all of the above.

The stupid thing about penalising Eduardo isn't that they have penalised him, it's all the players they haven't. You can't just single out one person and turn a blind eye to all the rest.

Too late after the game anyway. The result has already been affected.

The fact is that by bringing in TV replays it will itself drastically reduce the need for replays, because players will know that they can't get away with it.

Can't come a day too soon in my opinion.

Well I do think it's stupid to focus only on Eduardo for this, as it happens all the fricking time, so kind of senseless to have an "investigation."

But I wonder, gennisis, do you need glasses? Fact is you didn't need slow motion, it was a clear dive. I've seen it many times and it was clear as day that he dived, there was no contact, and it should not have been a penalty. Clear as the sky is blue for me, classic dive. But the biggest fault lies with the ref for giving it. I hope he didn't say it was a correct penalty to give after seeing film of the incident but I don't really care to follow up and find out. If that's the case, he knows it was a dive but just refuses to admit he made a mistake. Sometimes refs are fooled, though. It was a dive, it happens all the time, let's get on with it.

The biggest fault wasn't the referee giving it but Eduardo taking the dive.What decision would YOU had given if you were in the referee's shoes at the time of the incident and without the aid of replays?One thing I do know is that the Skysport commentators both thought it was a penalty and were back tracking like fukc AFTER the event.

If FIFA are really serious about stamping out diving,then give the referee support by introducing on the spot replays of debatable decisions.If someone has been found to dive,send them off.

Yep, completely agree with all of the above.

The stupid thing about penalising Eduardo isn't that they have penalised him, it's all the players they haven't. You can't just single out one person and turn a blind eye to all the rest.

Too late after the game anyway. The result has already been affected.

The fact is that by bringing in TV replays it will itself drastically reduce the need for replays, because players will know that they can't get away with it.

Can't come a day too soon in my opinion.

the result was affeced but not the outcome of the tie, that was settled during the first leg. Dont see what all the fuss is about. Too late after the match.

now if you want some fuss... the bristol city v palace game a couple of weeks back see that one, the palace goal not given!

now if you want some fuss... the bristol city v palace game a couple of weeks back see that one, the palace goal not given!

Well...as a Bristol Rovers supporter....I am sure the ref was wrong :)

Edited by gennisis

the result was affeced but not the outcome of the tie, that was settled during the first leg.

How can you possibly know that. Had the pen not been given Celtic might have scored and the tide might have turned. We just don't know.

Dont see what all the fuss is about.

Injustice because of cheating. Winds me up no end and it's not even my team on the receiving end.

The stupid thing about penalising Eduardo isn't that they have penalised him, it's all the players they haven't. You can't just single out one person and turn a blind eye to all the rest.[/quote[

Late in the day maybe. But once they set a precedent in penalising one , then they can't go back by overlooking other proven incidents. But without video refereeing at all matches, some will still slip under the radar, so to speak.

Ive watched it many times now...slowed the motion down...still cant tell if there was any contact....and the referee has come out and stated that in his opinion it was a justifable and correct decision to award a penalty....so why this witch hunt???

Its true that with the English press, in general they seem to begrudge any praise to Arsenal,and now we have Mr Platini at it !!

Anyhow,after we have beaten Man U today,maybee with a. few goals from Eduardo,the sunday press will be interesting.

MAN U 1....Arsenal 3.

i didn't see it :):D

MAN U 1....Arsenal 3.

It was a clear DIVE-same old Arsenal-allways cheating :):D:D

In real time it looked a clear penalty, and looking from the position of most of the field it looked a clear penalty.

Slow motion and repeated replays, it is a clear dive.

Don't blame the ref, blame the manager and the lack of technology.

Jangles, do you remember the days of the furore regarding Phil Thompson and the term professional foul?

The reason I bring it up is the cry subsequent to that statement, I believe it was a league cup final loss to the 'Virgin soldiers', of Forest, that players began to state, 'If I hadn't brought him down', the manager would have fined me etc.

Leadership has to come from the top, if you dive, you should be punished by the club, it is the worst part of chicanery.

However, I take your point, and if Arsenal are not known for diving, then perhaps Edourdo should take the flak, but how on Earth the authorities can single out an individual is beyond me.

He should be punished, but there should be no exceptions.

I retract the statement regarding the manager, on condition of your testimony being correct :)

It WAS a penalty because the referee saw the incident and awarded a penalty.

It WAS a dive - I don't care how many times you watch slow-mo, the keeper was withdrawing from a challenge and (as far as I can tell) made no contact. In any event Eduardo dived. He is not the first person, or the last person, this season to do so. He IS the first person to be indicted by video evidence by EUFA.

Wenger IS a whinger - his myopic view of incidents beggars belief. And, YES, in my view the club should have been proactive in taking action against the player. This would pre-empt EUFA. However, he DOES have a point about the fairness of this and if Platini wants use the Rugby-type system of citing players after the event then there HAS to be consistency and EVERY player caught on camera taking a dive should be similarly treated.

Once again we have an incident where a video replay would have allowed the referee to make the correct decision - NO penalty AND a yellow card for the player.

Edited by Chaimai

MAN U 1....Arsenal 3.

I feel a bit sorry for him, why single him out for investigation when a lot of other top players have all shown to be diving in recent years, if it wasn't for the press and media glorifying it no one would be taking any notice .... crikey what am i saying, he's a gooner after all, ok he serves everything he get's, 10 match ban, 300,000 pound fine and cut his left leg off, this will cure his diving :)

However, I take your point, and if Arsenal are not known for diving, :D

Did you see last nights match?

you can retract above if you like :)

And Ebouoeoeoe (sp) :D got rightly booked for it but it's not consistent. Pity they weren't booking them last season, Ronaldo would have been constantly serving time on the bench for accumulating yellows :D

In real time it looked a clear penalty, and looking from the position of most of the field it looked a clear penalty.

Slow motion and repeated replays, it is a clear dive.

Don't blame the ref, blame the manager and the lack of technology.

How qbout this then

post-40598-1251613578_thumb.jpg

Diving. falling over, faining injury ,is all cheating, in any Country in any game , players are all to ready to take advantage of any contact , which i cannot understand because football is a contact sport,If a player in any sport can be proved to have CHEATED he shoud be baned for life ..

• 3 weeks later...