Thai Visa International Forum

sunholidaysun1

Do you think it would be a good idea to have an international forum within Thai-Visa so that any country can be discussed , questions asked etc etc ? At least then maybe the site will get even more members and make it more interesting to add something to talk about without having to use another site !

What are your thoughts and will the Moderators like the extra work load ? Possibly not ! Maybe it should be put to a Poll- Vote of Thai-Visa Members ?

Do you think it would be a good idea to have an international forum within Thai-Visa so that any country can be discussed , questions asked etc etc ? At least then maybe the site will get even more members and make it more interesting to add something to talk about without having to use another site !

What are your thoughts and will the Moderators like the extra work load ? Possibly not ! Maybe it should be put to a Poll- Vote of Thai-Visa Members ?

NO!!!

Create one for international and call it InterVisa. I like TV the way it is

NO!!!

Create one for international and call it InterVisa. I like TV the way it is

If it's a separate forum, what's the issue??? There are some forums within Thai visa that I don't ever look at; likewise, you wouldn't have to look at this one.

There's a southeast asia forum so why not an international one.

I fully support it Sunholidaysun

If we had an international forum, all the sport and good fun of trying to justify things as "Thai related" would be lost.

Here is a test for you to test your skills:

post-37101-1251739206.jpg

How is the Calaveras County (California) Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee Thai related?

Edited by Jingthing

If you want to talk about things non-Thai there are plenty of other forums out there. Thaivisa - the name is the clue...

You've said that before. What about the word "visa" then? We don't only discuss visas do we. As a community of people from all parts of the world and who all have an interest in Thailand, I really don't see the problem in having a sub-forum for international issues.

If it's in a sub-forum, Just like the Southeast Asia forum, then it won't detract from anything else will it? Just like I have no interest in farming so i don't read that sub-forum.

And if I owned this forum, it's surely in my advertisers' interest (and therefore mine) to keep people on the site rather than them going elsewhere.

If you want to talk about things non-Thai there are plenty of other forums out there. Thaivisa - the name is the clue...

You've said that before. What about the word "visa" then? We don't only discuss visas do we. As a community of people from all parts of the world and who all have an interest in Thailand, I really don't see the problem in having a sub-forum for international issues.

If it's in a sub-forum, Just like the Southeast Asia forum, then it won't detract from anything else will it? Just like I have no interest in farming so i don't read that sub-forum.

And if I owned this forum, it's surely in my advertisers' interest (and therefore mine) to keep people on the site rather than them going elsewhere.

I'll make you a prediction based on experience as a former Mod. If you open an international forum on Thaivisa it will turn into a flame-infested hole full of partisan US politics. Any other discussions will be drowned out in the noise.

If we had an international forum, all the sport and good fun of trying to justify things as "Thai related" would be lost.

How is the Calaveras County (California) Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee Thai related?

The current champion is a Thai frog?

They eat the winner?

They eat the winner?

Cold. Colder.

Hint: Mark Twain.

Now can you tell how the jumping frogs are Thai related?

The funny thing is that when I thought of the jumping frog contest I was just being silly, but then I thought about it, and there actually IS a Thailand connection!

They eat the winner?

Cold. Colder.

Cold! With all those chillies?!

I'll give it a go.

"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" is an 1865 short story by Mark Twain.

Mark Twain named the frog after Daniel Webster.

Daniel Webster was both a U.S. senator from Massachusetts and a U.S. representative from Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

In Massachusetts there is a hotel named Daniel Webster Inn Hotel.

You can book it on www.Chiangdao.com

Chiangdao is an amphur in Chiang mai, Thailand.

I'll give it a go.

"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" is an 1865 short story by Mark Twain.

Mark Twain named the frog after Daniel Webster.

Daniel Webster was both a U.S. senator from Massachusetts and a U.S. representative from Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

In Massachusetts there is a hotel named Daniel Webster Inn Hotel.

You can book it on www.Chiangdao.com

Chiangdao is an amphur in Chiang mai, Thailand.

Well, clearly you have proven the frog contest is Thai related. However, I had a more direct Mark Twain connection in mind ...

Now you know why I have never been asked to be a mod.

Edited by Jingthing

Mark Twain wrote the story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County", and according to Wikipedia: [Twain and his wife] lived in Buffalo, New York from 1869 to 1871. Twain owned a stake in the Buffalo Express newspaper, and worked as an editor and writer.

And Buffalos are clearly Thai related!

Edited by eyebee

Well, I think the title says all!

Thaivisa.

Anything related to Thailand, and to visa's

We do have a section discussion visa's and procedures mainly for Thai people traveling or emigrating to any other country!

What's the football forum for then? The point I'm making is that we the members are "thai-related" and a few of us would enjoy discussing, for example, international news stories with our fellow community members. I still don't see the big deal as those who aren't interested could ignore us.

Mark Twain wrote the story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County", and according to Wikipedia: [Twain and his wife] lived in Buffalo, New York from 1869 to 1871. Twain owned a stake in the Buffalo Express newspaper, and worked as an editor and writer.

And Buffalos are clearly Thai related!

OK, I'll give it up now.

Yes Mark Twain wrote "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" and he ALSO wrote "The Siamese Twins" about the first Thais ever to settle in the USA.

http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/1530/