Indian Food

shovely7

one day i went in carre four and i found really good and very cheap indian food. only 50 baht for chicken curry and 1 nan. i think cannot find in this price in pattaya. and food also very good.

check it >>>>>>>>

If you mean the small plastic bags of freshly made curry: They are not bad.

I usually grab a couple and make my own rice and eat them at 3.00am after a night on the Chang.

Clears my bowels out the next day.

one day i went in carre four and i found really good and very cheap indian food. only 50 baht for chicken curry and 1 nan. i think cannot find in this price in pattaya. and food also very good.

check it >>>>>>>>

I usually grab a couple and make my own rice and eat them at 3.00am after a night on the Chang.

Oh my god Syd-hope you dont do it anywhere near soi buakao-the drains wont take it :):D:D

check it >>>>>>>>

hi, went to carrefour, wandered around the supermarket, then wandered around the food hall, couldn't see any indian food, could you be a bit more specific where it was, cheers

check it >>>>>>>>

hi, went to carrefour, wandered around the supermarket, then wandered around the food hall, couldn't see any indian food, could you be a bit more specific where it was, cheers

In ground floor inside food court.

check it >>>>>>>>

I think there is some confusion here;

There is an Indian food vendor on the ground floor selling meals.

In the Carrefour Supermarket itself (upto the first floor) there are pre-packed plastic bags of curry for sale at the far end near the bread and frozen foods and meat and poultry section.

check it >>>>>>>>

In the Carrefour Supermarket itself (upto the first floor) there are pre-packed plastic bags of curry for sale at the far end near the bread and frozen foods and meat and poultry section.

It would be good if the OP clarified where he bought the curry. In Carrefour or in the food court?

In food court. stall in the corner. n

check it >>>>>>>>

It would be good if the OP clarified where he bought the curry. In Carrefour or in the food court?

I have walked by the Indian restaurant in the Carrefour food court and seen their sample B50meals on display. There are usually 2 curry dishes to choose from, each with 1 nan (I have read that the nan is old and stale). The portion size is miniscule -- the smallest I have ever seen offered as a "meal" (my stomach wouldn't even know food was on the way before the bowl would be empty). I realize it is only B50, but in that general area for a cheap, quick lunch I can get a delicious and ample sized dish of Khow ka moo across from Foodland or pad thai near soi 7 on Second Road, each for B30 (I realize it is not "Indian" food, but it is good food). Why anyone would pay B50 for such a dismal plate of mush is beyond me. I think it is time to get on Syd's page and start talking about (checking out) the curry in plastic bags in Carrefour. I think that many of these stories of praise must be written by the owners/operators of these garbage dumps -- nothing else could explain giving that one high marks (unless you are anorexic or perhaps on a 12 calorie a day diet)

I have walked by the Indian restaurant in the Carrefour food court and seen their sample B50meals on display. There are usually 2 curry dishes to choose from, each with 1 nan (I have read that the nan is old and stale). The portion size is miniscule -- the smallest I have ever seen offered as a "meal" (my stomach wouldn't even know food was on the way before the bowl would be empty). I realize it is only B50, but in that general area for a cheap, quick lunch I can get a delicious and ample sized dish of Khow ka moo across from Foodland or pad thai near soi 7 on Second Road, each for B30 (I realize it is not "Indian" food, but it is good food). Why anyone would pay B50 for such a dismal plate of mush is beyond me. I think it is time to get on Syd's page and start talking about (checking out) the curry in plastic bags in Carrefour. I think that many of these stories of praise must be written by the owners/operators of these garbage dumps -- nothing else could explain giving that one high marks (unless you are anorexic or perhaps on a 12 calorie a day diet)

Just to correct a few points.

There are usualy 4 or 5 dishes to choose from.

Everytime I have orderd the Nan has been cooked fresh to order.

The portions are quite small but enough if you add rice 10B, I did order 2 once I could not nearly eat it all.

I can only comment on the Chicken which is quality breast chunks and in no way mush.

Yes this is Thailand, you can find good cheap Thai food everywhere. (thanks for that)

Appart from that a good review and all from just walking by, Amazing!

And no I am not conected to the business in any way.

As to Syd's curry in Carrefour I could be wrong but I have only seen Thai curry in there, maybe you could do a walk by review on that for us too.

:)

check it >>>>>>>>

If you really want to "clean" out the system, why not hit India for the real authentic deal....2 or 3 days eating outside at foodstalls will do the trick, and you will also learn a new expression in English, "loose motion"....just make sure you are not too far from the nearest loo

By use of the word "mush", I did not in any way intend to demean the quality of the food, which as you correctly note, I have not tasted -- sorry for that. My comments were based on observation (only) -- food needs to get past the sight test before it gets into my mouth, and that Indian food doesn't pass the sight test. I am suprised it got into your's, but to each his own. And I am pretty (very) sure that there are only 2 B50 meals on display; the other meals on display are larger and much higher priced. If eating a miniscule portion of "Indian" food for B50 (plus rice, B60) rather than having good Thai food for about half that price is your preference, by all means do it --your money and your choice. I was simply commenting that price and quantity are both considerations when one calls food "cheap", and that food ain't cheap (others have said it isn't very good, but I have no basis to comment on that). It is a tiny (TINY!) portion for a cheap (well, not really) price. And the OP was suggesting that the foold is "cheap" -- wrong!. Sorry if I offended you by suggesting that you might be associated with that restaurant. I would be offended to be associated with it also. Perhaps you are anorexic (or on an ultra low calorie diet)?

I do have amazing skills of observation, as you correctly point out. I do women the same way I do food -- you have to pass my sight test before you get into my ..... (well, let's leave it there, shall we?).

Cheers,

If you really want to "clean" out the system, why not hit India for the real authentic deal....2 or 3 days eating outside at foodstalls will do the trick, and you will also learn a new expression in English, "loose motion"....just make sure you are not too far from the nearest loo

Thanks for the tip.

I'm heading to Calcutta for a food-sampling weekend and intend to eat off the foodstalls to save money.

Regarding another above poster.

IMHO the plastic bags of curry sold inside the Carrefour Supermarket, yes some are labelled up as 'Thai curry' but I always grab the ones labelled 'Chicken curry' or 'Beef curry'. They are usually mild and taste quite acceptable. (Priced from 30-50 baht).

:D:D:)

Thanks for the tip.

I'm heading to Calcutta for a food-sampling weekend and intend to eat off the foodstalls to save money.

Regarding another above poster.

IMHO the plastic bags of curry sold inside the Carrefour Supermarket, yes some are labelled up as 'Thai curry' but I always grab the ones labelled 'Chicken curry' or 'Beef curry'. They are usually mild and taste quite acceptable. (Priced from 30-50 baht).

Just tried the 50 Baht Indian food in the food court this lunchtime.

Very tasty and freshly made nan, the curry sauce was a little watery would be my only criticism.

Definitely enough for a meal for me so good value for money in my opinion

Another anorexic TV member!

Very tasty and freshly made nan, the curry sauce was a little watery would be my only criticism.

Well you could spend 200b, buy 4 and you should sleep well as it goes well with all the beer!!!

The portions realy aren't that small.

Choice of 6 currys, freashly cooked Nan.

Go on try one, two if your realy hungry.

Masala gets my vote, Butter Chicken aint bad either. :)