Applying For Visa Extensions

Quick question. Is it possible, when next applying for an extension of my O Visa (based on marriage) to be done at any Immigration Department in Thailand? And say, I lived in oh, Phuket for instance, where would be nearest Immigration Department other than Phuket for next time? And in the meantime, would I be able to do the 90 reporting by post?

Thankyou. :)

Not possible if doing an extension based upon marriage. You have to live at the address you put on the application because they may have the police check that you are living with your wife.

Edit: Not sure if I understood your question in my first reply so here is another answer.

You are required by immigration to apply for your extension at the assigned office for where you live.

You can move when ever you want and change your address the next time you do your 90 day report.

Edited by ubonjoe

Okay. Given that they never check on where you're living (seen a few rare examples on this forum, the words 'teeth' and 'hen's') come to mind, what if you and your wife were to be temporarily staying in another area of Thailand, let's say, Bangkok, would you have to return to your actual home address to apply for the extension? And how would they determine where your 'home' was, if they haven't followed you there. You could simply be renting. Transient.

Thankyou. :)

Edited by wilsongbrown

If you want to take the chance that they do check to see if you are living there you could do it. There have been plenty of posts saying that they do but you might never know about it because they just check with your neighbors.

But I cannot understand why you would want to do it.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you want to take the chance that they do check to see if you are living there you could do it. There have been plenty of posts saying that they do but you might never know about it because they just check with your neighbors.

But I cannot understand why you would want to do it.

You would if you'd ever been there :)