Tony's Food Court Still Kickin W Juicy Burgers

cmdrj0

i just had lunch at tony food court, hadn't been there since the grand opening in may 09, and it was fabulous for the price. many of the outlets are closed but the american stand is open with juicy hamburgers & cheeseburgers for 25 & 30thb. they include a small salad and small portion of french fries & onion rings. very greasy like they should be for an american style stand. they even have a special of a hamburger, taco and pepsi for 69thb.

thai food from various other stands starts at 20thb

Since it is ground beef, I am not sure that I care if the beef is/was tender. I do care that it has some flavor and is not 50% fat. I had read the original OP earlier today and happened to be on Third Road near Exzite at about 4:00 pm, so I kept on going to Tony's Food Court. The American food stall has a hamburger, taco and pepsi combo for B69. They substituted a small bowl of chili for the taco as I requested. It came with a few taco chips, 3 french fries and 2 onion rings and a small mound of cabbage with little to no dressing (I assume it was supposed to be cole slaw). It was a good amount of food for B69, and all considered not too bad (6 out of 10). The burger had no significant amount of fat as I could see. The onion rings were very good, but few in number. I did not notice an abundance of grease. The menu also lists pizza and pasta. I would certainly go there again if I was in the area -- not worth a special trip. I also saw a pad thai stall, which looked very good and good amount for B20. The food court was nearly empty (less than 10 people, including me), but it was not prime eating time. The food court is clean, and there are 3 outside, on the street tables which are comfortable for a quick bite. So, if your in the area, you may want to check it out. But do so soon, no guarantee as to how long it (or the food court) will continue.

The American food stall has a hamburger, taco and pepsi combo for B69.

They substituted a small bowl of chili for the taco as I requested. It came with a few taco chips, 3 french fries and 2 onion rings and a small mound of cabbage with little to no dressing (I assume it was supposed to be cole slaw).

It was a good amount of food for B69, and all considered not too bad (6 out of 10). The burger had no significant amount of fat as I could see. The onion rings were very good, but few in number. I did not notice an abundance of grease.

Great report!

Like you said, if you are in the area, it is a great place for a budget meal/snack.

Also, I have not had a problem with grease.

So I vote a solid 6.5/10 :)

The burgers sound ok, but it won't tempt me into going again, like someone else said, the place is deserted and the Indian food I ate there a few months ago was terrible.

What is the Camping like, I have seen the Tents as I drove past ? I wonder if they have Air Con, I bought a Tent and went Camping at Koh Samed, never again, it was roasting hot and I never slept because of the heat. :)

Other than the North and South poles, I cannot imagine a worse place to camp than Pattaya (for obviously different reasons). If you need to save money that badly, stay home! A friend often said "there's an ass for every seat" -- I am not sure that there are very many asses for Tony's tents.

That camping idea really takes the cake....

:D smacked right in the middle of no-where with dusty road on one side n slum - like housing nearby n rats n vermints to fight off whilst you try to catch a wink.

:D some camping ground, must say. "investors" must be getting rich, really.

:D blistering n blinding sun in summer with no water-bodies around.

:D think the beach is better n free too.

:) any running water n loo/toilet nearby???????????

place flooded out when it storms??????? :D

I have a policy of avoiding any place with Tony's name on it as if it were a repository of the Black Death. One trip to his Gin Palace off Walking Street was enough to warn me off.

I just can't bring myself to give Tony any business, either. There's something very undesirable about a business man who's so in love with himself that he figures it's necessary to put huge pictures of himself with arms crossed arrogantly looking down at his (potential) customers. Egos as big as Tony's are a real turn off for me.

Edited by Beacher