Crackdown On Back-to-back Tourist Visa Applications

Attached is an example of a Royal Thai Embassy Joint Announcement, courtesy of the embassy in Helsinki.

The announcement seems to be about neighbouring countries, so will it affect TV appl. in, say OZ or other non-Asian places?

Helsinki is in a neighboring country?

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attached is an example of a Royal Thai Embassy Joint Announcement, courtesy of the embassy in Helsinki.

The announcement seems to be about neighbouring countries, so will it affect TV appl. in, say OZ or other non-Asian places?

No Helsinki is the capital of Finland. :)

The announcement has probably gone out to all consulates worldwide.

Stating that you will not get back to back TR-visas in Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos.

Why are 40 guests reading this and only 12 members ? Why don't you guests join our little but growing family and have youe 2p worth ? :D

BT

Probably because most of the people who write on this forum are a bunch of wan*ers

Well that was a very helpful comment :) Its bound to encourage guests to join out little band. :D

BT

So its okey then if u can confirm stady income from abroad every month to apply for Tourist Visa now ? .,

I trust you do not mean shady income,If married or over 50 40 or 65k monthly will do the trick make sure its in a normal sole account in aThai bank .Kasikorn dont charge me for proof letter which my immigration insisted was in English

All those whorightly see iniquity vis avis western concepts of fair play are n a category error paradigm

The house analogy was excellent not though as I I see it more like a ship.

The good ship Siam

The Capn and officers are happy for low life to serve swab decks even take odd paid cruise,when the going gets rough they toss out the vermin/rohingya and other Widely Oriental Gents so to assauge the nationalist fervour below decks.Lao Hmong Akka who cannot be deported treated like rats others Karen Kachin Pattani are for target practice or fishmeal tow em out to sea on TV and nobody keelhauled .9/11 Jelly Diana etc taught em

"how to get away with murder 101"

Despite the turbo powered image down in steerage there are millions of ill educated peasants pulling the oars or vending their gals to Europimps who rent them to sex tourists.

The irony and hypocrisy of these whore-mongers is obvious

Just ask them if they'd let their lil princess go on the game!

Thai state and immigration bureaucrats don't care about foreigners whose rights to family life etc are off the radar IMHO.

It is still a far superior choice to most other budget banana sewers,of course chacu a son egouts comme ils disent

If it all gets too much reach for the Elephant and imagine re-incarnation as that penniless youth you see every day no passport income .

Rejoice this is paradise with rats

There is too much negativity and nastiness on this forum, there is no need for that, also it is a good thing to encourage participation as more opinions are welcome (stating the obvious but perhaps some readers need to think about it).

Can anyone answer my question please? Do they still issue without problems tourist visas in Laos?

Edited by macwalen

Why are 40 guests reading this and only 12 members ? Why don't you guests join our little but growing family and have youe 2p worth ? :)

BT

Probably because most of the people who write on this forum are a bunch of wan*ers

Quite so Crossbones has a handle on it though The Bob Marley and the Walers Insititute of Thaiglisch

"no student knowingly undercharged or recommende for re-education"prefer

'A handful of wan*ers"

It's a bunch of tossers not to be confused with the inhabitants of USA

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Why are 40 guests reading this and only 12 members ? Why don't you guests join our little but growing family and have youe 2p worth ? :)

BT

Quite so Crossbones has a handle on it though The Bob Marley and the Walers Insititute of Thaiglisch

"no student knowingly undercharged or recommende for re-education"prefer

'A handful of wan*ers"

It's a bunch of tossers not to be confused with the inhabitants of USA

Umm Ok then its bunches of tossers and handfuls of wanke_rs. I couldnt understand your previous post at all you must be from up north somewhere i couldn't quite catch the "accent".

Edited by CrossBones

So its okey then if u can confirm stady income from abroad every month to apply for Tourist Visa now ? .,

I trust you do not mean shady income,If married or over 50 40 or 65k monthly will do the trick make sure its in a normal sole account in aThai bank .Kasikorn dont charge me for proof letter which my immigration insisted was in English

All those whorightly see iniquity vis avis western concepts of fair play are n a category error paradigm

The house analogy was excellent not though as I I see it more like a ship.

The good ship Siam

The Capn and officers are happy for low life to serve swab decks even take odd paid cruise,when the going gets rough they toss out the vermin/rohingya and other Widely Oriental Gents so to assauge the nationalist fervour below decks.Lao Hmong Akka who cannot be deported treated like rats others Karen Kachin Pattani are for target practice or fishmeal tow em out to sea on TV and nobody keelhauled .9/11 Jelly Diana etc taught em

"how to get away with murder 101"

Despite the turbo powered image down in steerage there are millions of ill educated peasants pulling the oars or vending their gals to Europimps who rent them to sex tourists.

The irony and hypocrisy of these whore-mongers is obvious

Just ask them if they'd let their lil princess go on the game!

Thai state and immigration bureaucrats don't care about foreigners whose rights to family life etc are off the radar IMHO.

It is still a far superior choice to most other budget banana sewers,of course chacu a son egouts comme ils disent

If it all gets too much reach for the Elephant and imagine re-incarnation as that penniless youth you see every day no passport income .

Rejoice this is paradise with rats

Well . , No not Shady income hehe . . Retirement income and insurance income from abroad but around 50k .,

Then the consulate can see that iam not suporting my self with illegal work here . . , Then it would be accepted to apply for Torust visa i guess . .,

There is too much negativity and nastiness on this forum, there is not need for that, also it is a good thing to encourage participation as more opinions are welcome (stating the obvious but perhaps some readers need to think about it).

Can anyone answer my question please? Do they still issue without problems tourist visas in Laos?

No Helsinki is the capital of Finland. :)

The announcement has probably gone out to all consulates worldwide.

Stating that you will not get back to back TR-visas in Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos.

* Tourist visa back-to -back is crack down !! it is A BIG LIE . nothing crack down ;

tourist visa working still very well ..

its still possible to get tourist visa from most of thai consolates worldwide ...

every other day many people entering thailand with tourist visa..

* Tourist visa back-to -back is crack down !! it is A BIG LIE . nothing crack down ;

its still possible to get tourist visa from most of thai consolates worldwide ...

u doomsayers ... s t f up

How could you possibly know. The crackdown was announced on Friday. The consulates are closed on weekends and it's Monday afternoon. Unless you know of anyone who applied for a visa today you don't have a clue.

So... someone here must have applied for a Tourist Visa today? I am guessing if applying for the double entry visa in Vientianne best to go through an agent, less possibility for them to ask you questions

Edited by CrossBones

How could you possibly know. The crackdown was announced on Friday. The consulates are closed on weekends and it's Monday afternoon. Unless you know of anyone who applied for a visa today you don't have a clue.

* you will see this week that im right..

by the way ; i know someone he got his tourist visa TODAY in abroad (in europe)

Sorry folks, I can't refrain to say my opinion...

A) I agree people on a Tourist Visa should NOT work or even looking for a job. But, who are we talking about? The Burmise etc. or the Caucasians (mainly Anglo-saxons whom illigally teach English, own a bar or a restaurant and so on?). I do not think this crackdown is for the citizens of the neighbuoring countries... I am pretty sure those (illigal) immigrants never apply for a Visa and even more sure thay are not going periodically to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane (for example)... So, basically it is "against" FARANGS, and mabybe they (the Thais) do not hate us (as some one stated above), but certainly do not love us neither. (in the other hand, they surely LOVE ours money...).

What the Thai Immigration should do? My opinion is they should send the police to the "School of English" MONTLY or even Weekly and CRACK DOWN on the Thai owner that illigaly employ foregners (and under pay them)...

:) I also have another point to submit: like it or not this is still a THIRD World Country (Devloping Country, to be politically correct) where the average salary is between 3,000 and 5,000 baht per month, forgive me for the rudeness but, what a hel_l are they ask us to have an income 13 to 20 times the average salary for...?!?!?! (are they, possibly GREEDY?)

I personally know retired persons that are comfortably living in Thailand for half or even less than that (exemple: 500 Euros), but they can not afford to put 800,000 neither 400,000 baht in a Thai bank and obviously do not have the 65,000 baht per month.

I also know foregners under 50 years of age that have money and are living in Thailand without working (but enjoing a lot = spending a lot).

Both the above mentioned categories of people for a reason or another are NOT elegibles for a Non Immigrant Visa, so what? Should they move to the Philippines, that seems is doing the opposit policy (of Thailand) and trying everithing possible to attract Foreigners (especially Retired)...?

I think Thai Officials (at the Immigration in Bangkok, or whereever) are, AS USUAL, laking in lungimirance and narrowed but VERY narrowed minded!!!

Enjoy your Land Of Smiles, I am moving to... Laos, The Philippines...?

Just kidding, I am married (to a Thai) with all the paperworks in order, so I own a Non Immigrant "O" Yearly Visa.

Cheeryo

This thread is about a crackdown on visas issued in neighboring countries (Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia).

If you read it, its about back to back visas people who have stayed a long time consecutively on tourist visas one after another may have problems.

name='Sept' post='3007608' date='2009-09-13 11:05:32']

And getting back to back visas is what the new rules are about, people exploiting the loophole to stay in Thailand this way, I have no problem with people who have the money to stay in a country of their choice and support themselves where the rules allow, but people who are working illegally with the wrong type of visa only have themselves to blame if kicked out of the country, I mean come on, we or most of us are against illegals working in our country of origin, but some of the same people think it's okay to work in Thailand illegally.

Double standards or what spring to mind.?.

Genuine tourists I believe have nothing to fear with the new rules if implemented to the full, the people who have most to fear are those who have been using the back to back visa as a way of remaining in Thailand and working in Thailand illegally. For all those who are working in Thailand illegally, either get the correct visa or face the consequences if caught working with the incorrect visa and be prepared for a lenghty interrogation Thai style when trying for a new back to back visa.

Quoting septs post 3007608

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please cut the crap now. Self-righteous preachers are getting a little... tiresome, to be honest and still remain polite."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing wrong with remaining polite, not to me anyway, just wish more posters would act the same, by the way many people have a Non immigrant visa O, why not try for one, nothing lost nothing gained, and also, yes many people are living in thailand and not working, so not illegal, but the fact remains, many people are living in Thailand on a back to back tourist visa and are working Illegally, those are the ones who have most to worry about.

Edited by MB1

;-) funny to read all this visa talks. hope new real-life visa experience will open your eyes what is visas/peoples who give visas and what visas is not related with any justice. It valid for anybody who need something from other people/country. Also be sure what for thais is everything much harder than that limitations for you to get visa (even touristic, not speaking about european immigration visas). If you really rich how you say here, can prove everything - get elite visa, but for example no same option at europe for example.

Also be sure what real aliens/green guys will be treated much better than peoples from any other country, it true of life at current time. Goverments made everything for separation of peoples, new artificial borders, horror immigrants/about immigrants stories, etc. Your "rich" countries was author of this methods, Thais now using simular methods learned from your countries.

Hope somedays will real earth - one world goverment, but it can happen only in far future.

Only one thing why you get visas to Thailand (even touristic) - because Thais need money. It because not correct weight level of thai baht (or most of other currencies) to euro/dollars/pound/etc. Reasons of it you can easily find at the internet, but it not good thing - be sure. If you get 10-20 times more money per easy workjob at your country than thai (or almost everybody at "3d world countries") for much more harder workjob - it clear for everybody what something is very incorrect at this money system. Also money is not everything, unlike european/us feels. It another thing why rich longstayers is not welcome here.

So my 2 cents about this touristic visas tightening : if you rich and want to retire - get thailand elite, if you over 50 - retire visa, if you have work - get work visa, if you have bf/gf and not marry - get visa/friends visa, if you married = get marry visa, etc.

Otherwise return back home or move to other country. Because here visas for all categories : for rich playboys, for workers, for friends, for family, for real tourists, etc. Otherwise only one way for you to not be illegal immigrant - to marry, but it simular cheating method like used everywhere.

PS : what about your money you want to spend at Thailand so much - it looks so very funny. Sometimes even for money you personally not want to do something. Isn't it? I think simular thing is here, Thais is open for money from real tourists/residents with visas than from peoples with undetermined status but who like to living like residents here.

Also enjoy simular visa rules (but not so strong!) like for thais in your "rich" home country.

Edited by leoalex

Like I said, you don't have a clue.

This has nothing to do with not being able to get tourist visas. It has to do with getting back-to-back tourist visas.

You should go back and read the original crackdown notice before you post again.

OK, well it should be about now that people start to write in letting us know if they managed to get another tourist visa from a neighboring country......

By the way, what about getting a 1 year business visa for the purpose of exploring potential business in Thailand. What is required is it as full on as getting the 3 year business visa?

Thanks

As far as i'm aware CrossBones you have to apply for it in your own country...met an irish lad and he had one got it through Sunbelt Asia, Siam Leagal or similar company can't remember offhand...he'd called them while he was in Ireland...i did call them myself..they do all the paperwork for you, you pay and then take the paperwork to a consulate in your own country and get the visa. It cannot be done in Thailand unfortunatly. He was evidently checking out the options of mining down south, or should i say that's what the visa said...he was living in a village not far from from me in nakhon sawan, he's gone back to ireland so have lost contact with him until he returns.

R&R

Block

So... someone here must have applied for a Tourist Visa today? I am guessing if applying for the double entry visa in Vientianne best to go through an agent, less possibility for them to ask you questions

It could take quite awhile to get reports. Anyone reading this forum would not likely be flying out to get a tourist visa with knowledge of the crackdown. Most of us read this forum to stay informed so that we can avoid wasted trips.

The quickest way to find out would be to go down to a visa run shop and ask what's happening.

Crickey !, 21 pages already! Why all the interest and concern? As for me, I'll be honest and admit that I have a passport full of back 2 back TV's. With the first 2 jobs I had here I was promised support for a Non Im B, WP but it never happened. Shonky employers.

Now I'm happily legal with a Non Im B and WP. In the future I just may have to go the illegal route again if necessary. Let's face it, the country has a lot of corruption and sometimes I don't have any qualms about going along with the old "When in Rome" or "What's good for the goose etc" adages.

That's my excuse for the interest, what about all you other guys? Are you the same as me, or just pontificating self righteous tossers? If the latter, that's OK, you have every right to be. Get your jollies however you want as long as it's harmless. :)

Edited by tmark