Leaving Thailand Whilst 90 Day Reporting On Visa Extension

The 90 day clock is reset when you reenter the country. Ignore the paper that is currently in your passport, just add 90 days to your reentry date and report at that time. I assume you have a reentry permit (single or multiple). If you don't you will lose your extension of stay which is a much more serious concern than address reporting.

Edited by Jingthing

The 90 day clock is reset when you reenter the country. Ignore the paper that is currently in your passport, just add 90 days to your reentry date and report at that time. I assume you have a reentry permit (single or multiple). If you don't you will lose your extension of stay which is a much more serious concern than address reporting.

What is a re-entry permit? I have a One year Multiple Visa that expired in June 2009 at which time I applied for the one year Extension on the basis of a work permit, I have so far reported to immigration once and they have attached a Receipt of Notification with a stamp that states my next renewel is 28 November.

1. Return is day one - not day zero - of a new 90 day count.

2. Re-entry permit allows you to return and continue your current extension of stay - you obtain from the immigration office you used for extension of stay - it will have the same expiration date as your current permitted to stay extension. Upon return you enter this permit information in the visa section of arrival card and check that you get the correct stamp. If you leave without it your extension of stay ends. Cost is 1,000 baht (or a multi entry version at 3,800 baht). Please for travel dates is not important on form - you can put anything.

The salient point here for the OP is that he is now staying on an extension of stay and unless a reentry permit (or multiple) has been purchased for this current extension of stay, leaving the country will result in the unhappy ending of that extension and only a 30 day stamp will be granted. Get the permit! Also when reentering Thailand be sure to write the permit number (not the original visa number) on the boarding card.

Edited by Jingthing

The salient point here for the OP is that he is now staying on an extension of stay and unless a reentry permit (or multiple) has been purchased for this current extension of stay, leaving the country will result in the unhappy ending of that extension and only a 30 day stamp will be granted. Get the permit! Also when reentering Thailand be sure to write the permit number (not the original visa number) on the boarding card.

All of the paperwork for my Work Permit and Extension was done by my Thai Boss and I was granted it at Si Racha Immigration, what does the re-entry permit look like and will I have to go to Si Racha again or can I get one at Pattaya Immigration office if I do not have one?

The re-entry permit is a stamp in your passport, and says re-entry permit.

You have to ask for a re-entry permit at your local immmigration office of the eara where you live. if you moved from Sri Racha to pattaya you apply in Pattaya. If you ork and live in Sri Racha you apply in Sri racha.