Thai / Farang Airport Check Ins

eggomaniac

...have only been to Swampy once and the memory is blurred.

Was/are there separate, shorter, Arrival line ups for Thais?

I sort of remember being in the long line up, but being called over to join HER in the short one!?

If there is a Thai only line, can a farang husband and mix child go through with the Thai mother?

---------------------------

... will be hitting the counter right around midnight.

With HER explaining in Thai, if it is past midnight, can the date stamp be changed to that new date, or do they have to go by when the plane landed 2330?

Edited by eggomaniac

Don't now about on arrival, but I overstayed by a whole 3 minutes last time and got taken aside.. so that the guy could stamp my passport with the previous day's date..

I think the date stamps have a mechanism that updates the date on midnight.

...have only been to Swampy once and the memory is blurred.

Was/are there separate, shorter, Arrival line ups for Thais?

I sort of remember being in the long line up, but being called over to join HER in the short one!?

If there is a Thai only line, can a farang husband and mix child go through with the Thai mother?

---------------------------

... will be hitting the counter right around midnight.

With HER explaining in Thai, if it is past midnight, can the date stamp be changed to that new date, or do they have to go by when the plane landed 2330?

immigrations check line (Thai passport) at the airport can be in-consistent depending how the official feels at midnight..try your luck.

- I fly into Suvarnnabhumi every other month interval and the arrival date stamp on passport as I observed is based

on the time you actually encounter the immigration officer irregardless of the flight landing time.

There are sepparate counters for Thai passport holders and (normaly) you can join your Thai spouse.

The mixed child has Thai nationality and can always make use of the Thai passport line, with her Thai passport, or when traveling with the Thai mother.

The date entered in your passport is nomaly based on the time of when you go through immigration. However, make sure they have adjusted their stamp.

• 4 months later...

I flew in yesterday and as normal joined my partner in the Thai line, she always asks if it's ok, the Foreign Passport line was really long. A female supervisor came up to me and spoke in Thai, when I answered in English she said I could only join this line if I spoke Thai - she then burst of laughing, and we had a chat.

A really charming lady, I don't suppose for one minute she will read this, but why cannot it always be like that?

I flew in yesterday and as normal joined my partner in the Thai line, she always asks if it's ok, the Foreign Passport line was really long. A female supervisor came up to me and spoke in Thai, when I answered in English she said I could only join this line if I spoke Thai - she then burst of laughing, and we had a chat.

A really charming lady, I don't suppose for one minute she will read this, but why cannot it always be like that?

I always make a point of having a bit of a chat to the immigration guys when I go thorough.

I always ask them "so what happened to those sticker visa things" or "what happened to that automatic passport gate". I always get a wry smile from them and we strike up conversation about this and that. Sometimes they let it all out about what they see as actual problems regarding immigration. Generally, a bunch of nice people.