Rain

gotlost

Wow, major rain and super high winds in Mae Rim, a real downpour.

I hope you're not a troll smile.png

No, one large tree down in my garden, super powerful wind, the rain has stopped now but it was seriously heavy for about 30 mins.

• Like 1

Nong Hoi, Talat San Pak Hoi

I was shopping in the San Pak Hoi Market about one hour ago; when I came out heavy winds, dust flying.

Returning south on Chiang Mai Lamphun Road, a large tree limb had fallen into the road from behind the walls of the Kawila Military Base, blocked the road; soldiers were busy clearing it.

At home near the Gymkhana club now: only a few drops ... where's that hail and heavy rain when I need it :)

cheers, ~o:37;

Wow - that was some storm. I don't think I've known the winds to be so fierce in the two years we've been in this condo. Of course it was towel washing day, I had almost a dozen of them being blown everywhere, along with the big drying rack and table and chairs slamming into me. I lost a facecloth but think everything else is here. I had everything gathered up in the biggest towel and had to wait at least 5 minutes. maybe more before I could open the sliding door - I was too scared it would come off the tracks.

I'm glad though, it was short and sharp, but hopefully this means the rains will come early this year and there will be a lot of them. The farmers certainly need it.

At home near the Gymkhana club now: only a few drops ... where's that hail and heavy rain when I need it smile.png

And what an awful thing for the last day of the cricket out at Gymkhana. Mr K went along on his bicycle, I hope he got there before it hit.

Heavy thunder and steady rain in Lamphun. Not yet sufficient rain to cool things off though and it appears to be stopping.

Result - its going to be a very muggy evening. Now very strong winds.

Had about 20 minutes of rain with a little light hail near Kad Suan Kaew about an hour ago. All clear now and only a marginally better view of Doi Suthep. Doesn't seem to have lowered the temp much; just increased the humidity. Very gusty before the storm and UPS was beeping like mad during the gusts.

Yesterday evening Hubby returned from boys night out in Santitham at a very reasonable hour, before 10:30 pm. He said it was too hot. Today he had to make a big decision about whether to go to the Cricket Sixes finals or to Promenada Mall to see the Final Judging of the Body Painting Contest. He chose Promenada because it's got aircon and he thought there would be good photo ops with the body painting models. He wasn't up for another outing in the heat. Probably a good choice, given the weather.

That's A HUGE POWER outage area! I am at D-condo next to central festival medium to heavy rain for 30 minutes.. Stiff breeze.. No power for an hour at least.. So I walked to Festival.. All was well.. Until about 4:15 power outage there too!

Body painting contest. What did they paint on your husband's body?

It's my understand that artists were painting on professional models. Hubby's plan was to go and view. He just called me from Kad Suan Kaew on his way home, so if they did paint anything on his body, it obviously wasn't as dramatic as this model from Prom's Facebook page or he currently wouldn't be wandering around KSK:

post-68373-0-17582800-1460196539_thumb.j

• Like 1

That's A HUGE POWER outage area! I am at D-condo next to central festival medium to heavy rain for 30 minutes.. Stiff breeze.. No power for an hour at least.. So I walked to Festival.. All was well.. Until about 4:15 power outage there too!

Looks like Hubby selected the right malls to visit today.

• Like 1

Nothing on Changklan still

But good to hear there is rain filling the rivers smile.png

Settles the dust but you won't get much run off into dams and rivers until its consistant for a day or 2.

Fairly normal, pre rainy season pattern, except for higher tempertaures courtesy of El Nino.

At about 2.45 I was driving North back from lunch at the Mad Dog, when the fierce dust-storm hit the Super-Highway/bridge-building area, haven't seen anything like that since the dust-storms out of the Empty Quarter in Saudi, although they could last for days ! rolleyes.gif

By the time I parked at Mee-Chok-Plaza the power was out, then the drumming of heavy rain on the roof while in Rimping, emerged to find the traffic-lights on the 1001 were out all the way home to Mae-Jo, with predictable results (total snarl-ups !). One of the wooden village-entrance archways, near the traffic-police & tessaban, had simply blown-over in the gale, blocking the soi !

But by the time i reached home, it was already stopped & people were clearing the fallen branches, it was wild for a while there !

• Like 2