Education - Dara Academy

scorecard

Dara Academy http://www.dara.ac.th/mains/

Their website appears to be total Thai language.

I called the numbers but couldn't get anybody who could speak English.

I tried to so some on-line translation but gave up.

Would very much appreciate if parents would share their observations about this school, on the following points:

- I believe the school offers a full English language program for both Primary and High School. Is this correct?

- Is entry open (within some policies and tests of course) or do you need to have 'connections' to enter?

- Do they push Christianity?

- Some approximate numbers re fees, etc.

Any other comments of course appreciated.

Thanks.

Dara is a good school with a lot of good foreign teachers.

"- Do they push Christianity?" I'm not sure there is any school in town that pushes Christianity, not even Grace. Many practice it and there might be some classes on Christianity at Grace, but push it? No one pushes it.

"- Do they push Christianity?" I'm not sure there is any school in town that pushes Christianity, not even Grace. Many practice it and there might be some classes on Christianity at Grace, but push it? No one pushes it.

First about Dara, as far as I know they have some foreign teachers, whether they have full English programme, Dont know but I doubt. however as far as i know its good Thai school. 

Its not expensive either.. please someone correct me if im wrong but its under 20k per semester. 

when its coming pushing Christianity I dont know but dont believe if someone says that there are no school pushing it... there are school in CM that teach to our kids that world was created in 7 days, we lived here together with dinosaurs and evolution is wrong! 

We did go to see Dara with my daughter as well, but even before checking how she has done in previous schools they told that they are so full that they can only take students whoom have started there from 1st grade. 

I dont know all the schools here but if you looking for full English programme I believe the following schools got one:

Varee, Watchirawit, Prem, Nakhon Payap, CMIS (Christian), Grace (Christian), American Pacific, Lanna International School... 

(im not sure about the other schools there some of them might be Christian as well... dont know really... and sometimes you need to do the research to find it out that information can be well hidden on the websites as well. 

and don't get me wrong... im studying in a Christian University - Payap... and they don't really push it too much unless you take apart of anything outside the class. but i know some of the school i listed above do and I would not put my daughter to such school. 

First about Dara, as far as I know they have some foreign teachers, whether they have full English programme, Dont know but I doubt. however as far as i know its good Thai school. 

Its not expensive either.. please someone correct me if im wrong but its under 20k per semester. 

when its coming pushing Christianity I dont know but dont believe if someone says that there are no school pushing it... there are school in CM that teach to our kids that world was created in 7 days, we lived here together with dinosaurs and evolution is wrong! 

We did go to see Dara with my daughter as well, but even before checking how she has done in previous schools they told that they are so full that they can only take students whoom have started there from 1st grade. 

I dont know all the schools here but if you looking for full English programme I believe the following schools got one:

Varee, Watchirawit, Prem, Nakhon Payap, CMIS (Christian), Grace (Christian), American Pacific, Lanna International School... 

(im not sure about the other schools there some of them might be Christian as well... dont know really... and sometimes you need to do the research to find it out that information can be well hidden on the websites as well. 

and don't get me wrong... im studying in a Christian University - Payap... and they don't really push it too much unless you take apart of anything outside the class. but i know some of the school i listed above do and I would not put my daughter to such school. 

Thanks for your comments re Dara, much appreciated.

Does any member know, please, if Dara does has a full English program? (Meaning full English for all of Primary and High School.)

Thanks.