• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

New Massage Shop Near Central Kad Suan Kaew

Drew Aitch

I've always enjoyed a nice Thai massage, especially foot. Over the years I've changed my preferred establishment due to them closing down, favourite masseur moving on, price hikes, and so on.

When going for a foot massage, I hate those places that have a TV blasting away in the corner. In fact if they don't turn it off, or at least turn it down, I'll not go back again. I also get pi**ed off sweating in a room that refuses to put on the air in place of a rickety fan that's desperately trying to keep a row of seats cool by oscillating frenziedly in the corner.

200 Baht seems to be the norm these days for a foot massage indoors. You can of course still get the 120 Baht deals if you sit on the side of the road and suck in the traffic and noise pollution along with cries of Sexy Man! every 2 minutes.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a new place (well I haven't seen it before), called 'Gold Hand' which is opposite the Orchid Hotel on the Huay Kaew Rd (just up from central). It's not your usual establishment where you'll get to flirt with 20 year old dolly birds from the rice farms of Issan, so if that's part of your deal, then this place is definitely not for you.

What you will find there is a diverse bunch of masseurs of various ages and sexes. There's also an obvious gay working there and a couple of ladboys to boot, so it's a right mixed bag. The inside of the building is quite spacious, has low lighting, no frigging TV blasting away, and some soothing background music. Everyone seems very pleasant and courteous, and not once so far have I been asked if I like Lady Thai or not!!!

I've been there 3 times this month and had foot massages from 3 different masseurs, all of which did a good job for me. The last time I was there I mentioned it was a little cold in the room. The next thing I knew I had someone come over and throw a light blanket over me to take away the chill.

All this for ………………….. 120 Baht an hour. For an indoor air conditioned massage, in dim lighting, and with nice background music, I would say it's perhaps one of the best deals in town right now.

Anyway, I'm all for passing on info that may be of use to others, so take what you want from this post or ignore it altogether.

Oh, and before the thread bashers start, I have no financial involvement with this business, so wind y' necks back in before your telescopic fingers burn the keyboard.

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

All this sexy man talk reminds me once again of how differently I am perceived as a 30 year old white woman in Thailand. Seems like such a hassle if you are not in the mood.

Of the perception of an aging white woman changes as she sit alone on a beach in Phuket...but thats not my point. My point is to say thank you for the recommendation. For that price I will certainly check it out.

I'd also like to add that I found a slightly higher priced version of this place 'next door' to the airport plaza on the road to Hang Dong. If you were coming from town on that road (sorry not a road name person), you would take the next u-turn after passing the large freeway underpass. Right after the turn you pass the green bank (again, sorry I just can't remember the name of that one) and go even slower until you see a gravel drive way leading you to relaxation massage. What a place. It has the same type of service mentioned for the Golden Hand, but add tea and cookies at the end (always gets someone like me). I love the atmosphere. Lots of different services available around 200 baht/hour.

All this sexy man talk reminds me once again of how differently I am perceived as a 30 year old white woman in Thailand.

Hello Sexy Girl!!!!!!! :)

What a place. It has the same type of service mentioned for the Golden Hand, but add tea and cookies at the end (always gets someone like me).

So... I guess that qualifies as a 'happy ending'...? :D

<ka-ching!>

What? No flirting with 20 year old dolly birds? And lady boys giving a massage.

Think I’ll give that one a miss, but would be very interested to know where the girls are shouting, Hey Sexy Man! every 2 minutes, especially here in Chiang Mai, haven`t heard that for several years, unless I`m visiting all the wrong places.

In Chiang Mai some of the massage women are very old. I always ask for only an hour rather than the full 2 hours, in case they die of old age before the time is up.

All this sexy man talk reminds me once again of how differently I am perceived as a 30 year old white woman in Thailand.

Hello Sexy Girl!!!!!!! :)

What a place. It has the same type of service mentioned for the Golden Hand, but add tea and cookies at the end (always gets someone like me).

So... I guess that qualifies as a 'happy ending'...? :D

<ka-ching!>

Well thank you sir - it has been a while. Thai men catch a look and practically run away - not good for the ego. Although they tend to be grabby in a dark club. As for the happy ending - I really did LOL. You are totally right. I am very happy at the end of my massage when they give me the cookies and tea. I wonder how the level of happiness compares to other happy ending massages?

BTW - I happened to pass that shop mentioned by Drew and it seemed nice, but the place i mentioned is a bit fancier and way more quiet. Worth a few extra baht for the happy ending and overall atmosphere.