Weight Loss Weight Gains...

fw1

Is it possible to exercise for 30mins 6 times a week for months on end. Eat a sensible meal once a day with a sandwich in the morning and stay at exactly the same weight for nearly 6 months? Can having slightly bulkier legs through running counterbalance losing nearly 3inches around my waist?

I drink alcohol once/twice a week.

Thanks

Is it possible to exercise for 30mins 6 times a week for months on end. Eat a sensible meal once a day with a sandwich in the morning and stay at exactly the same weight for nearly 6 months? Can having slightly bulkier legs through running counterbalance losing nearly 3inches around my waist?

Thanks

Yes - of course it is.

You will not lose weight IF you are forcing your body into 'survival'/starvation mode - if your body thinks there's a shortage, then it'll

- slow down

- hold on to your fat stores as much as possible

- burn muscle off (yes, lose muscle) because unecessary musle burns calories

I am on a diet - over 35lbs gone so far - I eat 6 times a day and am losing approximately 2lbs a week.

I eat high-fibre foods - basically stuff that is bulky but lower on calories. I don't eat any refined carbs but am not on any carb-free diet.

For me - it matters little how much/little I train - weight loss is about the same.

I know this 'cause I was doing 6 hours a week of aerobic work & then screwed my knee & cut down to zero.

I have some stuff I can email you on this if you PM me your address.

Edited by pedro01

Thanks

Hi fw1,

Weight loss and gaining weight is a simple matter of mathematics and nutrition.

It's a pain in the ass to add up and subtract all the numbers in the beginning, but if you are serious about losing wieght, it's all science and mathematics.

1) Keep a daily log of all the foods you eat for 7 days.

2) Go to www.calorieking.com and add up all your total calories for every day for the 7 days.

3) Avg how many calories you are eating each day from your 1 week log.

Now you tell me that you have stayed exactly at the same weight for nearly 6months...this tells me that your average daily calorie consumption is your "daily maintenance calories" to keep the same weight that you have now.

Follow me so far?

Now to lose weight, it's a simple formula :

Daily Calorie Expenditure must be greater than your Daily Calories Intake = Weight Loss

So for your sake, you either need to :

1) Eat less calories /day

2) Burn more calories/day

3) Or combine the two

ie : I'll just make up numbers for informational purposes

Your daily average maintenance calorie intake = 2000 calories/day

Reduce your daily calories by 300 = 1700 calories/day that u intake

300 calories reduction/day * 7 days = 2100 calories lost

Combine that with 4 times jogging on a treadmill at a moderate pace for 30 min ea. session burns approximately 300 calories :

thus 300 calories burned * 4 days of 30min. aerobic exercise = 1200 calories lost

1) Add all the calories lost /wk and you get 3300 calories lost/wk.

(2100 calories/wk reduced from eating PLUS 1200 calories from exercise = 3300CALS/WK)

1 POUND OF FAT EQUALS 3500 CALORIES

What this means in simple english is :

Drop your calories by 300/day and run 4 times/wk at a moderate pace for 30 min. AND YOU WILL LOSE 1 LB. OF FAT PER WEEK!!!

Once you've got the hang of it, either drop more calories /day or increase your cardio exercise to burn more calories by jogging longer or more exercise days. And combine both reducing calories and burning more calories and u lose even weight!

Safe and effective weightloss should only be 2lbs/wk. Anything over that is dangerous and could eat away at your lean muscle tissue. Remember, u only want to lose fat!

Avoid your sandwiches if they are made w/white bread/use a wholegrain bread which has been impossible for me to find here in Thailand! :o Full of starch carbs which will contribute to fat gain. Avoid any breads/pastry that is white in color. Eat your greens, avoid fried foods, have 30 grams of protein in every meal. keep your fat intake low. try to eat every 2-3hrs. do not binge drink for one night as it may mess up your whole calorie deficit for the week.

Simple math but a lotta willpower to implement. U sound like u have the drive, by excercising 6 times/wk and sticking it out for 6 mths.

Now u just have to train SMART.

I used to be a registered nutritionist and amateur thaiboxer and personal trainer/body builder so fitness and nutrition is a way of life for me.

There are no secrets or shortcuts. Follow exactly what I've outlined and I guarantee you will be losing weight.

My suggestion to you, is to hire yourself a capable and knowledgable personal trainer at your gym. Make sure you quiz him on nutrition, since it's 80% of the results that u seek!!! It's not what u do in the gym, but what u cook in the kitchen that gives u the results!

ASK THE PERSONAL TRAINER TO WRITE U UP A MEAL PLAN CUSTOMIZED TO YOU. HE SHOULD BE ASKING YOU QUESTIONS ON YOUR AGE, HEIGHT, BODYWIEGHT, BODY FAT PERCENTAGE AND OTHER VITAL STATS. THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR THIS MEAL PLAN BUT IT IS THE WHOLE CORE OF YOUR WEIGHTLOSS! IF HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO GIVE U A MEAL PLAN, AND SUGGESTS U EXERCISE MORE (WHICH IS 90% OF TRAINERS), THEN FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOES. 80% OF RESULTS IS NUTRITION!!

Are you located in Thailand? Be warned, the quality of trainers here are awful...but there are the diamonds in the rough. Interview him extensively and if your trainer is fat and can't even take the time or have the knowledge to have a great body, then find someone else! Too many posers in the fitness industry...our bodies are our business cards!

There are many other tips...etc...u need to start learning about...read everything you can on bodybuilding nutrition..

and feel free to ask me any other questions..

good luck on your path to a new you! :D

Train smart and train hard!

Edited by Thaiboxer1

Thanks

Hey fw,

The least u could do is reply back after I took the time to write this out for u!

Thanks

Hey fw,

The least u could do is reply back after I took the time to write this out for u!

Sorry but..............................

.................. :o

Thanks

Hi fw1,

It's a pain in the ass to add up and subtract all the numbers in the beginning, but if you are serious about losing wieght, it's all science and mathematics.

2) Go to www.calorieking.com and add up all your total calories for every day for the 7 days.

Now you tell me that you have stayed exactly at the same weight for nearly 6months...this tells me that your average daily calorie consumption is your "daily maintenance calories" to keep the same weight that you have now.

Follow me so far?

Daily Calorie Expenditure must be greater than your Daily Calories Intake = Weight Loss

3) Or combine the two

Combine that with 4 times jogging on a treadmill at a moderate pace for 30 min ea. session burns approximately 300 calories :

thus 300 calories burned * 4 days of 30min. aerobic exercise = 1200 calories lost

(2100 calories/wk reduced from eating PLUS 1200 calories from exercise = 3300CALS/WK)

Drop your calories by 300/day and run 4 times/wk at a moderate pace for 30 min. AND YOU WILL LOSE 1 LB. OF FAT PER WEEK!!!

Once you've got the hang of it, either drop more calories /day or increase your cardio exercise to burn more calories by jogging longer or more exercise days. And combine both reducing calories and burning more calories and u lose even weight!

Safe and effective weightloss should only be 2lbs/wk. Anything over that is dangerous and could eat away at your lean muscle tissue. Remember, u only want to lose fat!

Avoid your sandwiches if they are made w/white bread/use a wholegrain bread which has been impossible for me to find here in Thailand! :o Full of starch carbs which will contribute to fat gain. Avoid any breads/pastry that is white in color. Eat your greens, avoid fried foods, have 30 grams of protein in every meal. keep your fat intake low. try to eat every 2-3hrs. do not binge drink for one night as it may mess up your whole calorie deficit for the week.

Simple math but a lotta willpower to implement. U sound like u have the drive, by excercising 6 times/wk and sticking it out for 6 mths.

I used to be a registered nutritionist and amateur thaiboxer and personal trainer/body builder so fitness and nutrition is a way of life for me.

There are no secrets or shortcuts. Follow exactly what I've outlined and I guarantee you will be losing weight.

My suggestion to you, is to hire yourself a capable and knowledgable personal trainer at your gym. Make sure you quiz him on nutrition, since it's 80% of the results that u seek!!! It's not what u do in the gym, but what u cook in the kitchen that gives u the results!

ASK THE PERSONAL TRAINER TO WRITE U UP A MEAL PLAN CUSTOMIZED TO YOU. HE SHOULD BE ASKING YOU QUESTIONS ON YOUR AGE, HEIGHT, BODYWIEGHT, BODY FAT PERCENTAGE AND OTHER VITAL STATS. THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR THIS MEAL PLAN BUT IT IS THE WHOLE CORE OF YOUR WEIGHTLOSS! IF HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO GIVE U A MEAL PLAN, AND SUGGESTS U EXERCISE MORE (WHICH IS 90% OF TRAINERS), THEN FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOES. 80% OF RESULTS IS NUTRITION!!

Are you located in Thailand? Be warned, the quality of trainers here are awful...but there are the diamonds in the rough. Interview him extensively and if your trainer is fat and can't even take the time or have the knowledge to have a great body, then find someone else! Too many posers in the fitness industry...our bodies are our business cards!

There are many other tips...etc...u need to start learning about...read everything you can on bodybuilding nutrition..

If a calorie is a unit of energy.(ie:heat up one gram of water 1 degree C), then who was the brain box that thought this up and related it to the human body..as we all are different?

Thanks

Hi fw1,

Follow me so far?

3) Or combine the two

If a calorie is a unit of energy.(ie:heat up one gram of water 1 degree C), then who was the brain box that thought this up and related it to the human body..as we all are different?

Different in what way? R u referring to rate that we burn our calories? Yes our metabolic rates are different...but 3500 calories still equate to 1 lb of fat to lose.

FWIW, it's not all about weight. My shape has gone to pot [pot belly, that is :o ] over the last 5 years, but I've only put on one kilo. But my belt size has gone up nearly two inches. :D I've had a couple of "let's get fit" resolutions, but nothing seems to make much difference.

Edited by Merlin

FWIW, it's not all about weight. My shape has gone to pot [pot belly, that is :o ] over the last 5 years, but I've only put on one kilo. But my belt size has gone up nearly two inches. :D I've had a couple of "let's get fit" resolutions, but nothing seems to make much difference.

Merlin,

As I said before, wieght is a misleading benchmark, more accurate to check on your body fat percentage.

In your present condition, sounds like you've lost lean muscle tissue and gained more fat, hence the pot and only 1 kilo gain.

Forget about all those "let's get fit" resolutions and fad diets, this is a lifestyle change that you need to make.

Follow the basics I've outlined above. No fad, just what's been around for a long while, w/bodybuilders and boxers. High protien, lowered carbs, low saturated fat way of eating combined w/regular cardio.

I would also advise a weight resistance program for you to gain back some lean muscle tissue...besides the more lean muscle tissue u have, the higher your metabolic rate and the quicker you burn fat!

I've got a suspiscion that some here think the program sounds too complicated or is a crock of "shiiit"....

those are still the guys wanting weight loss in a magic pill!

hey, I've got a pill I could sell u guys...guaranteed to lose 40lbs in 4 days or your $ back...only $5000 baht ea. pill!!! :D