New Product Survey

NanaFoods

Which New Products would you be most likely to buy regularly?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nana Foods needs your help to plan for the future !!

In the survey are listed several items we have been considering, and developing, for future release.

We cannot do them all at once, if at all, so your help is needed.

Please choose as many items that you would most likely buy on a regular basis.

If there is anything not listed that you would really like to see, feel free to write it into your post.

Also, If you'd like to advise your own priority of choices, feel free to provide a ranking.

This would be even more beneficial.

Your feedback is important to help us prioritize. Thank you !!

Edited by ChefHeat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chipotle and habaneros sauce. fry.gif

Chipotles i have been considering... forgot to add to the list.

I have updated to add the option.

Habanero sauce... not sure about any habanero source at the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Chipotle's and Louisiana hot sauce..... BBQ just got better

I make a great Guinness & Chipotle BBQ sauce...

S.J.C

I make a great Guinness & Chipotle BBQ sauce...

S.J.C

Guinness & chipotle... intersting :)

Well, so far....130 views, and only 12 survey takers?

C'mon, folks... need a little more help. Only takes a few seconds. Completely anonymous.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all who take the time to fill in thier responses. :D

I've checked most items. However, I would be thrilled to have easy access to the top five items.

Guinness & chipotle... interesting

Since we are coming up on the Holiday Season...one of the best turkey sandwiches I ever had, was thinly sliced turkey breast with Chipotles en Adobo (smoked red-ripe jalapenos in adobo sauce), lettuce, and tomato on the turkey slices. Served on a French Roll...umm, umm, good.

Edited by maxjay

Nana Foods needs your help to plan for the future !!

In the survey are listed several items we have been considering, and developing, for future release.

We cannot do them all at once, if at all, so your help is needed.

Please choose as many items that you would most likely buy on a regular basis.

If there is anything not listed that you would really like to see, feel free to write it into your post.

Also, If you'd like to advise your own priority of choices, feel free to provide a ranking.

This would be even more beneficial.

Your feedback is important to help us prioritize. Thank you !!

I voted on my favorites, I do not buy Mexican products as I prefer to make my own. Depending on the prices, I would buy some canned or frozen beans and enchilada sauce, for emergency back up supply. I would buy your beef stew to try it out, and if I liked it I would stock about 5 cans for those uncontrollable "beef stew" moments.

In a couple of your passed post you mentioned smooth green avocados, I would definitely buy those and I believe in one you mentioned an additive in bacon making ,I would also buy that.

Good Luck!

I've checked most items. However, I would be thrilled to have easy access to the top five items.
Guinness & chipotle... interesting

Since we are coming up on the Holiday Season...one of the best turkey sandwiches I ever had, was thinly sliced turkey breast with Chipotles en Adobo (smoked red-ripe jalapenos in adobo sauce), lettuce, and tomato on the turkey slices. Served on a French Roll...umm, umm, good.

Hi maxjay,

Thanks so much for you input :)

BTW - The sandwich you describe sounds delicious!!

Yes, chipotle in adobo is very useful - this is why I was considering this preparation. Can be used as a condiment, ingredient for sauces, marinades, etc., or simply as-is for a "side". One could even blend them up to make chipotle hot sauce - and from that, chipotle mayo for sandwiches or french fries. yum.

I voted on my favorites, I do not buy Mexican products as I prefer to make my own. Depending on the prices, I would buy some canned or frozen beans and enchilada sauce, for emergency back up supply. I would buy your beef stew to try it out, and if I liked it I would stock about 5 cans for those uncontrollable "beef stew" moments.

In a couple of your passed post you mentioned smooth green avocados, I would definitely buy those and I believe in one you mentioned an additive in bacon making ,I would also buy that.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your input, kikoman :)

I appreciate the additional information you have provided as well.

Extremely helpful to understand some people's buying patterns and the reasoning behind them.

Our aim is to produce products that tend to be time consuming to make at home, or require a certain expertise, or use difficult to find ingredients, or all of the above.

As for pricing.... I am reasonably sure we can beat the imports by the same degree that we do with our current pasta sauces and salsas - somewhere around 1/2 the import price (or less, in some cases) - for all the above products under consideration

Edited by ChefHeat

Chile verde sauce, salsa, enchilada sauce, as well as the chilli with beans and beef stew. I'd also buy a Tapatio or Cholula style hot sauce, I've never found anything like it in Thailand but you can buy tabasco anywhere.

If you go to a authentic Mexican restuarant they will usually give you a set of three salsa's. A fresh chunky tomato one, a very hot green one and an orange colored one. What kind of salsa is the orange colored one? What ever it is I love it and would definitely buy it if you made it.

Edited by JoeInSurin

Quaker Oats is the main Masa Harina supplier in the USA to the Mexican ethnic market -- They sell Quaker Oats Oatmeal already here in Thailand -- they are headquartered in Malaysia for SE Asia... I would check to see if CalAvo would ship to you any of their frozen or refrigerated avocado products although from their website they do not export -- but some of their wholesalers/dealers very well might...

@ Globalwanderer1

Indeed, I have thought about flour tortillas... I know we could we produce some good ones. However, its doesnt really fit within our current set-up at the moment, and we would need a different FDA permit - perishables I think - currently we are approved for canned/bottled sauces. Something for the future...

Taco/fajita seasoning - what I think you are referring to is actually a dry TexMex style taco seasoning in a sealed pouch. Easy to do, and I already have a recipe... but again, another license type.

Both good ideas. As we are able to expand our business, both would definitely be considered. Unfortunately we are a bit limited at the moment. Please be patient with us...

@ DP25

Thanks for all your feedback....

Tapatio or Cholula - yes, I know them both (personally I prefer Cholula of the two). Certainly do-able, and can easily fit into our production set-up. My only concern is that I havent seen anything similar on the market.... is this a market oversight? or is there a reason for this? Need some more research on that. Will check it out... thanks.

@ JoelnSurin

Havent seen the orange sauce - but then again, I havent been to too many Mexican restaurants in Thailand. I do have a salsa on the back burner that is orange in color... but havent been able to lock in a steady supply of the special chilies I need...

@ jazzbo

Interesting. I didnt know Quaker was a major masa supplier. If we get into the tortilla biz in the future, I will definitely need a supply. Thanks for the info.

Not sure about the Avo products... that's a tough fruit to deal with, and there seems to be plenty supply in Thailand when the season is in.

-----------------------------------

Wonderful feedback everyone.... thanks so much.

Please keep it coming. :)

31 survey takers thus far.

Thanks so much to all who have provided their feedback.

That's an "ok" sample set... but would really like to get to 100 respondents.

Please help me out folks, if you haven't taken the survey yet.... just takes a few seconds.

Well, 35 respondents, and it seems there are two items tied for 1st place:

Chile con Carne with Beans and Frijoles - each with 14 votes.

Folks like their beans, eh? :)

2nd up are Chile Verde Sauce and Smokey BBQ Sauce - each with 13 votes.

3rd up are Jamaican BBQ Sauce and Escabeche - each with 11 votes.

Interesting.

More respondents would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks.

I wonder if there is a market for simple canned or bottled pintos and black beans. For some reason the main importers refuse to bring them in except recently Amy's Organics have been available at 120 baht a can.

Twenty years ago someone at Central decided that S&W Chili Beans were the only canned beans they would ever import. Over the years every once in a while a case of S&W black or pinto beans would show up, immediatly sell out and then disappear for a couple of years.

I wonder if there is a market for simple canned or bottled pintos and black beans. For some reason the main importers refuse to bring them in except recently Amy's Organics have been available at 120 baht a can.

Twenty years ago someone at Central decided that S&W Chili Beans were the only canned beans they would ever import. Over the years every once in a while a case of S&W black or pinto beans would show up, immediatly sell out and then disappear for a couple of years.

You talking whole beans regarding pinto or black?

S&W Chili Beans.... are those the sweetened ones?

Yes, whole beans.

The S&W Chili Beans are pintos in a slightly chili flavored sauce. Not good and not a good deal.

In the last year or so the main importer for the first time decided to order enough Casa Fiesta refried beans to supply the market. There really is only one importer I guess.

Yes, whole beans.

The S&W Chili Beans are pintos in a slightly chili flavored sauce. Not good and not a good deal.

In the last year or so the main importer for the first time decided to order enough Casa Fiesta refried beans to supply the market. There really is only one importer I guess.

So, I take it you are suggesting whole unflavored beans - pinto and/or black. Certainly do-able and easy to work in if we are already making refried beans. Either will take some time to develop and get passed by the FDA. We need a different permit type for "high" pH products (actually its near neutral pH, but categorized as "high" in the food biz).

Also, If you took the survey, thanks.

If not, please do !! :)

Thanks again.

I can't do the poll as I wouldn't buy anything in the top section, I would buy some Jamaican BBQ Sauce from time to time though.

No problem... you can just select that one item

Please, take a few seconds... and just select Jamaican BBQ :)

Thanks much !!

I can't do the poll as I wouldn't buy anything in the top section, I would buy some Jamaican BBQ Sauce from time to time though.

No problem... you can just select that one item

Please, take a few seconds... and just select Jamaican BBQ :)

Thanks much !!

I tried but it gives me an error if I don't select an option from both sections, perhaps you can add a 'none of the above' choice?