• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Christmas In October?

elektrified

I just got back from doing a little shopping at Rimping Meechok Plaza. When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was 3 Christmas trees completely decked out in front of the entrance. When I entered the store it was completely decked out for Christmas with large stars or snowflakes dangling from the ceiling.

What's up with that? Did they get the date wrong?

They start earlier every year don't they though. They could at least wait until after Loi Krathong! :)

But then the one thing worse than starting early is continuing after it's over. You sincerely don't want to walk into Pantip Plaza in February and be assaulted by Kenny G's Christmas Album.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I just got back from doing a little shopping at Rimping Meechok Plaza. When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was 3 Christmas trees completely decked out in front of the entrance. When I entered the store it was completely decked out for Christmas with large stars or snowflakes dangling from the ceiling.

Many eons ago when I was running a pub in UK,we had our Christmas Celebrations in late October.

My reasons were

1...At Christmas we were always so busy that I and my staff certainly didnt enjoy it.

2...Nothing ever happened at the end of October and sales would be quiet.

So the decorations,the lights and the tree all were installed and a damm good time was had by all.

I remember the evening when two strangers walked in...she said to him"whatever is happening?" ,he replied'It must be Christmas" :)

Perhaps the Asian way of thinking is .... falang's spend money when they feel its Christmas...... so lets give them Christmas.

Well you are pretty well set up. all you need is a red hat and some bells :D

av-22124.jpg

Oh for the good ole days when you could say HO HO HO, and not fall afoul of the law

:)

A simpler view would be it is just a fun, colorful, full of cute animals and elves and santas, time. Since there is next to no connection with any religious viewpoint, why limit it to 18-25 Dec or some such short term? It really brightens up the stores; keeps your visits from being stale, having new vistas to look at.

And if it stimulates sales, great.