Buying Property In Pattaya

Ok, here's the damage.

I am actually a potential customer of yours--I bought a property recently in Pattaya and am interested in buying more. I came to this thread expecting a discussion about Buying Property in Thailand.

Instead, I found what I consider to be an extremely thinly veiled advertisement for your services. That strikes me as a dishonest thing to do. I don't mind sponsors advertising, but starting threads and then using them for advertising purposes is underhanded in my opinion. Note, for example, your post #50:

Pictured is the popular high end villas "Sedona Villas" with private pools in Mabprachan lake area. Prices are starting from 9.9 Million Baht for a 3 Bed , 3 Bath home with private pool and high quality European kitchen

That is one example of blatant advertisement. In addition, in many of your posts, you come across to me as more interested in generating business than increasing the valuable information available here on this forum. Because of this, you have alienated a potential customer. I would suggest to you there are others who feel as I do.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, here's the damage.

I am actually a potential customer of yours--I bought a property recently in Pattaya and am interested in buying more. I came to this thread expecting a discussion about Buying Property in Thailand.

Instead, I found what I consider to be an extremely thinly veiled advertisement for your services. That strikes me as a dishonest thing to do. I don't mind sponsors advertising, but starting threads and then using them for advertising purposes is underhanded in my opinion. Note, for example, your post #50:

Pictured is the popular high end villas "Sedona Villas" with private pools in Mabprachan lake area. Prices are starting from 9.9 Million Baht for a 3 Bed , 3 Bath home with private pool and high quality European kitchen

That is one example of blatant advertisement. In addition, in many of your posts, you come across to me as more interested in generating business than increasing the valuable information available here on this forum. Because of this, you have alienated a potential customer. I would suggest to you there are others who feel as I do.

Thanks for your feedback. My potential clients do not approach me in such a way. If you were a potential client you could have been straight about it. Why do we need to go in circles like this? Anyway my point is if you need my service I am happy to be able to assist you but I already told you about me advertising in the forum. That will remain just like that without any change.

I am looking at buying some property in pattaya, I was hoping to find advice on this topic, however this seems to be an advertisement hidden, this topic will not enhance reputations

Now I feel even more cautious about who to deal with. :)

The question I have for Benchmark is with the dangers of buying in a unknown neighborhood, why is the western concept of "Rent with option to buy" not more popular here in Thailand ?

I don't have a problem buying, despite the restrictions with the Thai law, but am scared to death to end up with an untenable situation with lousy neighbors

When I first came to Pattaya I rented a "townhouse" where I shared a wall with neighbors on each side, thankfully all I lost was some sleep and my deposit but that experience has made me gun shy when it comes to buying

Any thoughts ?

The question I have for Benchmark is with the dangers of buying in a unknown neighborhood, why is the western concept of "Rent with option to buy" not more popular here in Thailand ?

I don't have a problem buying, despite the restrictions with the Thai law, but am scared to death to end up with an untenable situation with lousy neighbors

When I first came to Pattaya I rented a "townhouse" where I shared a wall with neighbors on each side, thankfully all I lost was some sleep and my deposit but that experience has made me gun shy when it comes to buying

Any thoughts ?

Hi thanks for your question. Yes, it is a very important thing to consider when you are buying in a Property in Pattaya. Because if you buy in the wrong kind of building or neighborhood (Village) it could be a long term reason to regret for until you relocate. When you are buying a condo to live in there are couple of key things you need to look for such as

What's the occupancy rate of the building? Whether it is 50% or more?- This will give you an idea about whether the building is well maintained or not and will also give you an idea whether you will live in a building where you will see some other residents because in some buildings it is very unlikely sometimes to see another human being (50% or more is a good occupancy rate). Another thing to inquire is about the juristic committee of the building whether they do a good job maintaining the place or not and to see whether the majority of residents are paying their maintenance fees.

It is also good to buy in a building where there are good number of foreign owners. If there are foreigners in the management committee that's a plus as well.

Are there many short term tourists renting in the building? (which will most probably not be a pleasant place to live if there are many of them)

When you are looking for a housing project there are couple of important things to look for as well.

One thing you already mentioned "neighbors" -It is always good to buy in a project where there are good amount of foreigner owners/residents. In low price housing projects if you notice too many "Home/Shop" kind of businesses inside the project it will not be a very pleasant project to be in the long run. Few shops are not a problem but if you see the shops frequently than usual that's what I mean.

Also important to inquire about homeowners association. Whether it is run properly and the communal facilities are maintained well.

Townhouses- It is a bit difficult if you have a not very pleasant neighbor if you live in a townhouse compound. The key again is to pick the right project. For the same price there are good projects you can select if you do your research or consult the right kind of agent. There are some projects where they have a mix of detached houses and townhouses. These projects are normally good places to be but you need to look for the key points I mentioned above.

The concept you mentioned "Rent with an option to buy" is not popular here in Thailand but it does exist. Some of my clients made contracts like this with their landlords but I should say most of the time a sale did not take place in the end. It actually has many plus points because the potential buyer can "test" the area and the neighborhood he lives in and also gives him a chance to see whether he likes the house or not. One other benefit is that the buyer can lock the landlord in to a pre-determined price for the property if he decides to buy it. Most of the property owners who got their properties for both sale/rent will consider this concept positively. But the owners who got their properties only for sale won't see this beneficial for them because most of the time they will not like the potential buyer to "test" rent their property and walk away if they decide not to buy it. I think this is the reason why it's not so popular here. The flip side of it is that there is no firm commitment from the potential buyer that he will buy the property. So it is a bit similar to test driving a car and not buying it in the end. I have discussed this issue with a couple of property owners and the comments of the owners who got their properties only for sale was similar to what I mentioned above.

However although I do understand the importance of buying the "right" property to live in, most people decide to buy property because they do not want to waste money on rent. It also gives them a more secured feeling than renting. So to save the money you pay on rent you need to make a buying decision without renting for too long and you will also need to find the right property in the right neighborhood. My best recommendation is to consult a reputed real estate broker in the area and work together with them to find what you are exactly looking for. These days there are many developments where they offer to pay a substantial deposit and pay the balance money in few years in monthly installments. This is a good way to save up the money paid on rentals so it's also another option for those clients who do not wish to pay rental money anymore and want to have their own home. Sometimes these monthly installments are similar to the rental payments they are paying currently so it makes a lot of sense.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions and I will be more than happy to answer. Thanks again for letting me share my thoughts with you.

I am looking at buying some property in pattaya, I was hoping to find advice on this topic, however this seems to be an advertisement hidden, this topic will not enhance reputations

Now I feel even more cautious about who to deal with. :)

Hi, if you have any questions about buying property please ask me first. I started all my threads to share my knowledge with the people who need it. If someone is happy with my service then that will be an advertisement for me. Other than that there is nothing to hide. Our business is to guide clients to buy/rent properties and that's how we make a living. I have served many clients to buy, sell, rent properties and most of them are foreigners. We also deal with large multinational companies to help them relocate their corporate executives so I hope you will understand that if we are not a professional and reputable company these large multinational companies will not do business with us.

There are many people in this forum who are against property agents. Some of them are trying to damage our image just by making pointless comments. Some of them make very offensive comments for no reason.

I am ready to answer any question from anybody if they present it in a way not being offensive or pre-judged. Otherwise I will simply ignore it. I hope that is fair enough. I would like to hear your thoughts.

To conclude this yes I am a businessman and I want to sell my service to potential clients. But in this business without knowing the persona and knowledge of the broker you are dealing with it is hard to do business with them. This forum gives me an opportunity to serve people who needs my advice and also the potential clients to know me and to contact me to get my service. This is the reason why I am running these threads and since I am a sponsor I am allowed to advertise my products and services in the forum as well.

Why buy, why buy

now?!? Rents are under pressure, just look around!

There is a crisis brewing and the Thai Baht is way too high.

Just sit on the sidelines and when trouble erupts, do your buying, if any.

And if someone tells you you will make X thousand a week getting your condo rented out,

just buy the timeshare people's fairy tale and voodoo math.

Be careful. fools and their money...

Chris

Langsuan Man, thank you for sharing your experience renting that town house.

We rent a condo in Nonthaburi and there is a neighbor who constantly keeps his door open and is noisy. Lound TV,

Thai music or raised voices. It is too much to close the door?!?

You may get to know dangerous soi dogs etc., just rent before you buy - it makes perfect sense!

Pattaya is not that attractive to me. Clearly overbuilt and waiting for some

kind of a correction. Half the businesses seem to be doing badly, but that's a guess.

Our own condo is poorly finished and not insulated at all.

so it heats up during the night...

I'm dreaming of a passive condo over here, with high tech glass and such good insulation

that half an hour aircon will keep it cool all day.

Chris

We rent a condo in Nonthaburi and there is a neighbor who constantly keeps his door open and is noisy. Lound TV,

You may get to know dangerous soi dogs etc., just rent before you buy - it makes perfect sense!

kind of a correction. Half the businesses seem to be doing badly, but that's a guess.

I'm dreaming of a passive condo over here, with high tech glass and such good insulation

Chris

Pattaya has many high quality low price condos and a lot of fresh air to offer. If you get time come and take a look at a few. I am sure it will change your mind.

Chris

This offer is simply too good to refuse. From a very reputed developer with an extremely good track record and did few finished projects.

Park Royal 3 Pratumnak 45 Sqm 1 Bed room Condo only 1.29 Million Baht (best offer in the market)

Park Royal Pratumnak 35 Sqm Studio Condo only 1.6 Million Baht

Club Royal in exclusive Wongamat Beach area 33 Sqm Condo only 1.85 Milllion Baht

This is a limited offer and if you contact us you can make a reservation to get this special price. We have an extremely good relationship with the developer so let us know if you want to a make an early reservation before you miss the boat.

Any thoughts ?

Hi thanks for your question. Yes, it is a very important thing to consider when you are buying in a Property in Pattaya. Because if you buy in the wrong kind of building or neighborhood (Village) it could be a long term reason to regret for until you relocate. When you are buying a condo to live in there are couple of key things you need to look for such as

What's the occupancy rate of the building? Whether it is 50% or more?- This will give you an idea about whether the building is well maintained or not and will also give you an idea whether you will live in a building where you will see some other residents because in some buildings it is very unlikely sometimes to see another human being (50% or more is a good occupancy rate). Another thing to inquire is about the juristic committee of the building whether they do a good job maintaining the place or not and to see whether the majority of residents are paying their maintenance fees.

It is also good to buy in a building where there are good number of foreign owners. If there are foreigners in the management committee that's a plus as well.

Are there many short term tourists renting in the building? (which will most probably not be a pleasant place to live if there are many of them)

When you are looking for a housing project there are couple of important things to look for as well.

One thing you already mentioned "neighbors" -It is always good to buy in a project where there are good amount of foreigner owners/residents. In low price housing projects if you notice too many "Home/Shop" kind of businesses inside the project it will not be a very pleasant project to be in the long run. Few shops are not a problem but if you see the shops frequently than usual that's what I mean.

Also important to inquire about homeowners association. Whether it is run properly and the communal facilities are maintained well.

Townhouses- It is a bit difficult if you have a not very pleasant neighbor if you live in a townhouse compound. The key again is to pick the right project. For the same price there are good projects you can select if you do your research or consult the right kind of agent. There are some projects where they have a mix of detached houses and townhouses. These projects are normally good places to be but you need to look for the key points I mentioned above.

The concept you mentioned "Rent with an option to buy" is not popular here in Thailand but it does exist. Some of my clients made contracts like this with their landlords but I should say most of the time a sale did not take place in the end. It actually has many plus points because the potential buyer can "test" the area and the neighborhood he lives in and also gives him a chance to see whether he likes the house or not. One other benefit is that the buyer can lock the landlord in to a pre-determined price for the property if he decides to buy it. Most of the property owners who got their properties for both sale/rent will consider this concept positively. But the owners who got their properties only for sale won't see this beneficial for them because most of the time they will not like the potential buyer to "test" rent their property and walk away if they decide not to buy it. I think this is the reason why it's not so popular here. The flip side of it is that there is no firm commitment from the potential buyer that he will buy the property. So it is a bit similar to test driving a car and not buying it in the end. I have discussed this issue with a couple of property owners and the comments of the owners who got their properties only for sale was similar to what I mentioned above.

However although I do understand the importance of buying the "right" property to live in, most people decide to buy property because they do not want to waste money on rent. It also gives them a more secured feeling than renting. So to save the money you pay on rent you need to make a buying decision without renting for too long and you will also need to find the right property in the right neighborhood. My best recommendation is to consult a reputed real estate broker in the area and work together with them to find what you are exactly looking for. These days there are many developments where they offer to pay a substantial deposit and pay the balance money in few years in monthly installments. This is a good way to save up the money paid on rentals so it's also another option for those clients who do not wish to pay rental money anymore and want to have their own home. Sometimes these monthly installments are similar to the rental payments they are paying currently so it makes a lot of sense.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions and I will be more than happy to answer. Thanks again for letting me share my thoughts with you.

IMO one of your best posts to date - and yes you have come in for some stick, and have held your cool, I take my hat off to you.

I watch something called a television set, possibly a new fangled invention not yet available in Thailand. Its editorial content often contains adverts - so what, I have the capability of screening such information.

The only thing I would add is there are too many threads on Pattaya; it is giving me a headache!

It may be possible to ask the mods to merge them, on the general real estate forum. At least we can then keep everything in one place and can work out who seems to be waging some form of guerrilla warfare. These guys are not helping me understand what is possible in Pattaya at all!

Edited by pkrv

Wow. I mentioned yesterday that the same prices for these condos can be got from the developer direct via their own website, so obviously aren't exclusive or special in any way to Mr Benchmark and the post gets deleted. Wonder why? :)

This offer is simply too good to refuse. From a very reputed developer with an extremely good track record and did few finished projects.

Park Royal 3 Pratumnak 45 Sqm 1 Bed room Condo only 1.29 Million Baht (best offer in the market)

Park Royal Pratumnak 35 Sqm Studio Condo only 1.6 Million Baht

Club Royal in exclusive Wongamat Beach area 33 Sqm Condo only 1.85 Milllion Baht

This is a limited offer and if you contact us you can make a reservation to get this special price. We have an extremely good relationship with the developer so let us know if you want to a make an early reservation before you miss the boat.

Wow. I mentioned yesterday that the same prices for these condos can be got from the developer direct via their own website, so obviously aren't exclusive or special in any way to Mr Benchmark and the post gets deleted. Wonder why? :)

If you are talking about This Post It is still there as far as I can see. :D

Any thoughts ?

IMO one of your best posts to date - and yes you have come in for some stick, and have held your cool, I take my hat off to you.

I watch something called a television set, possibly a new fangled invention not yet available in Thailand. Its editorial content often contains adverts - so what, I have the capability of screening such information.

The only thing I would add is there are too many threads on Pattaya; it is giving me a headache!

It may be possible to ask the mods to merge them, on the general real estate forum. At least we can then keep everything in one place and can work out who seems to be waging some form of guerrilla warfare. These guys are not helping me understand what is possible in Pattaya at all!

Thanks PKRV, the usefulness of this forum as I see is that people who are in need of information or recommendations can find useful information from experts. If someone is making comments just to harm someone that serves nobody. In the real estate section there are quite a few people who got the expertise. We need to focus on giving the right information to the people who need it and just see the positive side of things as I believe.

I just stumbled across this thread. I am quite shocked by it.

Benchmark, I don't think you are well served by this thread. It appears to be an advertisement for you. I, for one, would be very wary of doing business with you because instead of advertising in a straighforward way, through an ad, you instead try to make this seem to be just a normal thread. I believe this seems underhanded and does not reflect well on you.

If I were you, I would ask the moderators to remove this thread and would stop advertising in this manner--I really think it does a lot more damage than good.

Come on guys...give Benchmark a break.

His "Threads" are causing a lot of interest!

Regards

Robert

Benchmark, I don't think you are well served by this thread. It appears to be an advertisement for you. I, for one, would be very wary of doing business with you because instead of advertising in a straighforward way, through an ad, you instead try to make this seem to be just a normal thread. I believe this seems underhanded and does not reflect well on you.

If I were you, I would ask the moderators to remove this thread and would stop advertising in this manner--I really think it does a lot more damage than good.

Regards

Robert

Thanks Fivestar, that's a Fivestar comment. It seems like the market is starting to pick up isn't it? I have heard that couple of Pattaya Real Estate agents have recorded sales. No matter what things are moving ahead here in Pattaya.

I think some of the guys on this thread may not quite understand how you can be used, and I am sorry that is the term I would use.

Normally I would PM you but I am going to put my balls on the line and openly try this, for the moment a hypothetical exercise, the time is not right for us to consider Pattaya.

We are a Farang/Farang couple we already own a Farang quota condominium in Bangkok. It is somewhat elite we own one of the cheapest units, its is worth about 25m THB. The unit we chose was in the first bank of units to sell out first, prices are on the web site. The Park continues to operate its own sales operation and given the penthouses were worth 80m back in 2005 I don't blame them for this revenue stream.

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/

or you can independently view/review at

http://www.prakard.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=5

It was dipping our toe in the water.

A hypotetical exercise (for the moment).

I no longer wish to drive. The porsche was broken into too many times, I prefer the BTS (in Bangkok), Taxies, Limos and in Tahiti Le Truck or in Thailand A Baht Bus or Tuk Tuk (outside of a city), and trains esp airport expresses (I already know there is no train link between Bangkok and Pattaya).

I would wish to keep some aspects of Pattaya at bay/at a distance but I am not sure I could cope with a sleepy town like Hua Hin, I am a mega city type of guy.

So access to the shops restaurants etc are critical (even for a beach home)

I would want to be on the beach - that would be the main point.

Price say 10m + for a Farang quota condominium only.

What would you suggest?

Edit not off the plan this time round just somewhere to relax

Edited by pkrv

I think some of the guys on this thread may not quite understand how you can be used, and I am sorry that is the term I would use.

Normally I would PM you but I am going to put my balls on the line and openly try this, for the moment a hypothetical exercise, the time is not right for us to consider Pattaya.

We are a Farang/Farang couple we already own a Farang quota condominium in Bangkok. It is somewhat elite we own one of the cheapest units, its is worth about 25m THB. The unit we chose was in the first bank of units to sell out first, prices are on the web site. The Park continues to operate its own sales operation and given the penthouses were worth 80m back in 2005 I don't blame them for this revenue stream.

http://www.theparkresidence.co.th/

or you can independently view/review at

http://www.prakard.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=5

It was dipping our toe in the water.

A hypotetical exercise (for the moment).

I no longer wish to drive. The porsche was broken into too many times, I prefer the BTS (in Bangkok), Taxies, Limos and in Tahiti Le Truck or in Thailand A Baht Bus or Tuk Tuk (outside of a city), and trains esp airport expresses (I already know there is no train link between Bangkok and Pattaya).

I would wish to keep some aspects of Pattaya at bay/at a distance but I am not sure I could cope with a sleepy town like Hua Hin, I am a mega city type of guy.

So access to the shops restaurants etc are critical (even for a beach home)

I would want to be on the beach - that would be the main point.

Price say 10m + for a Farang quota condominium only.

What would you suggest?

Edit not off the plan this time round just somewhere to relax

Hi PKRV, My recommendation to you is Royal Cliff garden Condominium. For around 14M or 15 M you can find a good unit now. The prices in this building were much higher few years ago. One of the few buildings in Pattaya over the last few years retained it's value and rental potential. It fits your profile. I can send you some good offers there if you like and a detailed description of the place. It's located right on the beach with beautiful surroundings which is the entry way to the Royal Cliff Beach Resort. I have a good long term relationship with the owners here because we do a lot of corporate rentals in these buildings. There are 4 main condo buildings in the compound. Residents are mostly foreigners and others wealthy Thai owners from Bangkok who spend weekends sometimes. People like the owner (Director) of the Bangkok Bank are owners here.Many other high profile wealthy people (foreign/Thai) own units in the compound. Some of the units with the double view over the Pattaya bay are simply breathtaking. A must see building if you are buying a high-end condominium in Pattaya.

Edited by benchmark

Hi PKRV, My recommendation to you is Royal Cliff garden Condominium. For around 14M or 15 M you can find a good unit now. The prices in this building were much higher few years ago. One of the few buildings in Pattaya over the last few years retained it's value and rental potential. It fits your profile. I can send you some good offers there if you like and a detailed description of the place. It's located right on the beach with beautiful surroundings which is the entry way to the Royal Cliff Beach Resort. I have a good long term relationship with the owners here because we do a lot of corporate rentals in these buildings. There are 4 main condo buildings in the compound. Residents are mostly foreigners and others wealthy Thai owners from Bangkok who spend weekends sometimes. People like the owner (Director) of the Bangkok Bank are owners here.Many other high profile wealthy people (foreign/Thai) own units in the compound. Some of the units with the double view over the Pattaya bay are simply breathtaking. A must see building if you are buying a high-end condominium in Pattaya.

Thank you benchmark for a very professional response - I have said before Pattaya is a big place and we have limited time to explore as we are still both working.

You seem to have understood my requirements perfectly, and I note the web site

http://www.royalcliffcondo.com/_sale_rent/condos.html

Yes I can research, but this is not a substitue for local knowledge. I note independently there are not that many units for sale.

It looks like Pattaya has the potential to give us what we want.

In a way I have sort of shifted you to my pending pile - The time is not right for us to buy just yet, I am not being rude, quite the opposite infact.

Try this one www.talaysawan.com or www.bangsaray.com

Very, very nice. Unfortunatly As a Farang/Farang couple we can't buy it without jumping through far too many hoops for my tastes. I can cope with a condo.

http://www.talaysawan.com/

And a good web site. A lot of very good information on the area.

http://www.bangsaray.com/

I found this of interest

http://www.bangsaray.com/places.php

Thanks

So sorry that you can't find the right place to buy!

I will put some candles for you in the church!

Have to fly some miles but you are worth it.

Is this a post the moderators can delete too?

I am only nice!!!!!

I wish everyone all the best with property purchases in Thailand!

If you go with Benchmark you can not do anything wrong!

Thank you benchmark for a very professional response - I have said before Pattaya is a big place and we have limited time to explore as we are still both working.

Yes I can research, but this is not a substitue for local knowledge. I note independently there are not that many units for sale.

In a way I have sort of shifted you to my pending pile - The time is not right for us to buy just yet, I am not being rude, quite the opposite infact.

Although i don't have a condo for sale, i do have a lovely sea view house 4 sale, very close to the royal cliff condos, in Phratmanak hill area

Benchmark also have it listed, see link below:-

http://www.benchmarkthailand.com/pages/det...rop_id/797.html

Just thought it might intrest you?

Although i don't have a condo for sale, i do have a lovely sea view house 4 sale, very close to the royal cliff condos, in Phratmanak hill area

Benchmark also have it listed, see link below:-

http://www.benchmarkthailand.com/pages/det...rop_id/797.html

Just thought it might intrest you?

Yes, this property is a well built quality home located in a prime residential area in Pattaya. From second floor balcony you get fantastic sea views. Property has easy access to everything. Highly recommended for the buyers who are interested in this price range looking for a house to buy in Pattaya. I know the owner is welcome to reasonable offers. If someone needs a visit just let us know or you can PM the owner directly as well.

I don't think that it is a market thing at all. I am talking about the basics.

Are the plots already devided and paid for? Can they be transferred tomorrow? Are the roads as the land office want it? How about the water? Is it fixed? 95% of the developments don't have it. Meaning 5 % are doing a good job! I doubt that Benchmark only sells these 5 %.

Ok, my recomendation is, call your embassy, ask for a lawyer! They have a list. On this list is not Siam Legal.

The thread is posted by a company with an interest in selling houses.

It is not possible to own land or property in Thailand. Start from that premise. Then listen to the myriad of ifs and buts and contradictions spouted to have you part with your money.

The company bit is the most transparent nonsense they ever utter. It's full of holes and when the day comes to reclaim illegally properties in Pattaya this will be the first port of call. All those big flash places that thumb their noses to the Thais will be seized oevr night. Thais are anti-foreigner enough without having their zenophobia whipped up by flash farangs now driving all manner of exotic sports cars which they park on their private drives. How are Thais with their back sides hanging out of their threadbare pants expected to react? And such flash houses are built on sand; literally and metaphorically.

Rent it. Have a problem? Move. Buy it and you'll never sell it.

And as for price increases etc. Listen, you can't even sell your old golf clubs in Pattaya so how you expect to get shut of some over priced under maintained hel_l hole in the sky or estate house out in the back of beyond I just don't know. If you don't have the money to build a high wall and live safe in your own private prison you've got the problems in spades with thai neigbours. this isn't the Costa del Sol which will seem a haven of tranquility compared with the hel_l from pattaya neighbours. If the culture of some Turk, American, Swedish, German mix neighbourhood doesn't get you, then the addition of some earth squatting, bug eating, shadow fearing, garbage collecting Esarn family trying to adjust to breeze block dwelling after a life on a diddly squat farm, certainly will. hel_l absolute hel_l and you've your friendly smiley squeaky clean realtor to thank for you pad in Gantanamo Towers, pattaya.

Have you ever visited these estates? I have. I dare say I've visited almost all developments in and around Pattaya. Do it yourself and work out the percentages; occupied, sold, rented, empty, unfinished, abandoned, neglected. It really is alarming. There is an absolute glut of properties that can't be shifted for love nor money. And as if it were as simple as that. There's the tangled web of farang-Thai marriage gone belly up that has to be legally sorted out.

I heard of one guy who found out that the lawyer used to process the sale actually made the house ownership out to himself. Furthermore, I've heard a lawyer boast of being able to get around any law! The idiot didn't realise that any lawyer can operate the same way. And how they operate is to make a payout - one lawyer to another - and the matter is settled. What breaks your heart fills their bank accounts and they don't care about the outcome. The rights and wrongs. It's all about falang money. That's Thai money with a hel_l of a lot of noughts on the end. Too tempting.

The sale of houses is an unregulated profession which anyone, unqualified can set up. For example, does anyone remeber the dutch guy who sold houses and was assasinated in a triple killing? The other two being despatched at the same time in Amsterdam. Now that respectable business man who is selling you a house is murdered by someone who flys in to do it. Just bad luck then.

It's an unregulated unqualified profession that Europe has just begun to tackle. And Pattya - where the msifits fit - is perfect for anyone to set up and sell property.

And as for all those respectable businesses that deliver on what they promise, fine. The property is over priced and can't be shifted. Supply outstrips demand. There's a world wide recession and yet prices do not reflect that here. Reluctantly, the agency businesses goes so far as describing the total collapse of sales as ' not robust'. And yet prices are held and inflated because it is a totally manufactured market where cartels operate as successfully as The Big foot Club, Fans of Roswell, the UFO society and Elvis is alive and well performing 9 nights a day somewhere in Walking Street.

That's why they come on here as there is a captive falang audience genuinely seeking genuine information, usually provided by individual's without a percuniary interest. Unlike anyone in the business. Their bait is cast. Don't bite.

Caveat doctor. Rent. Trust me I'm an ........ Estate Agent. I've the tattoos to pove it.

I don't think that it is a market thing at all. I am talking about the basics.

Are the plots already devided and paid for? Can they be transferred tomorrow? Are the roads as the land office want it? How about the water? Is it fixed? 95% of the developments don't have it. Meaning 5 % are doing a good job! I doubt that Benchmark only sells these 5 %.

Ok, my recomendation is, call your embassy, ask for a lawyer! They have a list. On this list is not Siam Legal.

The thread is posted by a company with an interest in selling houses.

It is not possible to own land or property in Thailand. Start from that premise. Then listen to the myriad of ifs and buts and contradictions spouted to have you part with your money.

The company bit is the most transparent nonsense they ever utter. It's full of holes and when the day comes to reclaim illegally properties in Pattaya this will be the first port of call. All those big flash places that thumb their noses to the Thais will be seized oevr night. Thais are anti-foreigner enough without having their zenophobia whipped up by flash farangs now driving all manner of exotic sports cars which they park on their private drives. How are Thais with their back sides hanging out of their threadbare pants expected to react? And such flash houses are built on sand; literally and metaphorically.

Rent it. Have a problem? Move. Buy it and you'll never sell it.

And as for price increases etc. Listen, you can't even sell your old golf clubs in Pattaya so how you expect to get shut of some over priced under maintained hel_l hole in the sky or estate house out in the back of beyond I just don't know. If you don't have the money to build a high wall and live safe in your own private prison you've got the problems in spades with thai neigbours. this isn't the Costa del Sol which will seem a haven of tranquility compared with the hel_l from pattaya neighbours. If the culture of some Turk, American, Swedish, German mix neighbourhood doesn't get you, then the addition of some earth squatting, bug eating, shadow fearing, garbage collecting Esarn family trying to adjust to breeze block dwelling after a life on a diddly squat farm, certainly will. hel_l absolute hel_l and you've your friendly smiley squeaky clean realtor to thank for you pad in Gantanamo Towers, pattaya.

Have you ever visited these estates? I have. I dare say I've visited almost all developments in and around Pattaya. Do it yourself and work out the percentages; occupied, sold, rented, empty, unfinished, abandoned, neglected. It really is alarming. There is an absolute glut of properties that can't be shifted for love nor money. And as if it were as simple as that. There's the tangled web of farang-Thai marriage gone belly up that has to be legally sorted out.

I heard of one guy who found out that the lawyer used to process the sale actually made the house ownership out to himself. Furthermore, I've heard a lawyer boast of being able to get around any law! The idiot didn't realise that any lawyer can operate the same way. And how they operate is to make a payout - one lawyer to another - and the matter is settled. What breaks your heart fills their bank accounts and they don't care about the outcome. The rights and wrongs. It's all about falang money. That's Thai money with a hel_l of a lot of noughts on the end. Too tempting.

The sale of houses is an unregulated profession which anyone, unqualified can set up. For example, does anyone remeber the dutch guy who sold houses and was assasinated in a triple killing? The other two being despatched at the same time in Amsterdam. Now that respectable business man who is selling you a house is murdered by someone who flys in to do it. Just bad luck then.

It's an unregulated unqualified profession that Europe has just begun to tackle. And Pattya - where the msifits fit - is perfect for anyone to set up and sell property.

And as for all those respectable businesses that deliver on what they promise, fine. The property is over priced and can't be shifted. Supply outstrips demand. There's a world wide recession and yet prices do not reflect that here. Reluctantly, the agency businesses goes so far as describing the total collapse of sales as ' not robust'. And yet prices are held and inflated because it is a totally manufactured market where cartels operate as successfully as The Big foot Club, Fans of Roswell, the UFO society and Elvis is alive and well performing 9 nights a day somewhere in Walking Street.

That's why they come on here as there is a captive falang audience genuinely seeking genuine information, usually provided by individual's without a percuniary interest. Unlike anyone in the business. Their bait is cast. Don't bite.

Caveat doctor. Rent. Trust me I'm an ........ Estate Agent. I've the tattoos to pove it.

"Everytime you make a reactive decision, it stops being solely your decision , you are losing control to the person you are reacting to, who is now part author of the decision". -No more comments.

Edited by benchmark

One thing I realized is that although many people make skeptic comments about buying property in Thailand, buyers who want a second home here have not stopped buying here. I think the main reason is if you have already fallen in love with Thailand you can find a way to own the property of your desire. To make it quite simple foreigners can actually own a condo freehold in their own name 100% legally. I also know that foreigners are buying houses in Pattaya even houses priced over Baht 40 million. Something about Pattaya is that no matter what the growth of this city never stops. So why not buy your own piece of paradise here in Pattaya?

Buying property in Pattaya? For more information about us (Benchmark Property Consultants, Pattaya) visit us at My Website

Edited by benchmark

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Robert

Hi Fivestar, what's going on with Pattaya? Any new updates? Any Fivestar news for us?

You've taken quite a bit of stick here and I admire you for keeping your cool, retaliation is a dead give away from someone unprofessional.

Good luck with your business, be honest and upfront every time and I'm sure you will make a good name for yourself.

Thank you CitizenSmith I highly appreciate your feedback. As real estate agents we need to be patient as well. What do you think about the idea of this market getting over saturated in the future? Is this really going to happen or are we going to experience another booming market with the improved infrastructure compared to what it was 5 years ago?

Improved infrastructure needs more explanation. The place is getting worse by the day. 5 years ago, traveling up Soi Siam Country Club, Nern Plub Wan, Khao Talo etc. was quite easy. Now they are shocking. What used to be nice areas are looking like apartmenthell, the traffic management has gone downhill rapidly, and NO ONE seems to care.

Once you reach the SP 5 area, it gets quite nice on Soi Siam Country Club, but for how long?

As an example, the Canary Islands tourist areas were properly designed and planned, but it is really open season out here.

I must say something that is really positive about Thailand. That is Thai people and their hospitality. This is what makes most people come back to this wonderful country. This is the reason why people fall in love with this country. There are always a few exceptions but overall Thai people are a huge selling point for Thailand and they are genuine. This is the reason why most people want to buy a second home or a home here despite of all other challenges. The bottom line is you can have a luxury lifestyle here that you can't have in the west for a fraction of the cost. Same applies to buying property. And warm hospitality of Thai people so people will not stop coming here or stop buying here because Thai people have always retained their hospitality and warmth for all foreigners.

I must say something that is really positive about Thailand. That is Thai people and their hospitality. This is what makes most people come back to this wonderful country. This is the reason why people fall in love with this country. There are always a few exceptions but overall Thai people are a huge selling point for Thailand and they are genuine. This is the reason why most people want to buy a second home or a home here despite of all other challenges. The bottom line is you can have a luxury lifestyle here that you can't have in the west for a fraction of the cost. Same applies to buying property. And warm hospitality of Thai people so people will not stop coming here or stop buying here because Thai people have always retained their hospitality and warmth for all foreigners.

I must confess that I treat everyone with dignity and respect and it has had a very odd effect in Thailand, I am treated in the same way.

However I also note that some farangs treate Thai people like shit, and as a result seem to be very confused, they don't seem to get a level of respect in return.

Edited by pkrv