Porcelin Repair

Sheryl

In the course of changing bathtub water fixtures I badly chipped the white porcelin of the bathtub (old fixture dropped as I was removing it)

I used to have a "porcelin repair" product which I brought from the US but no more and can't seem to find it here. Neither can I find epoxy paint, which is what is used in US to refinish bathtubs.

I did see some white epoxy cement, though.

Before I go and make a mess, any ideas as to whether that is likely to work well and give good appearance? Or suggestions of other products?

Thanks

color matching will be the problem!

if you have the chip you could get something color matched.

what about getting a small can of enamel paint? that way you can color match it and use wet and dry to feather it in, then polish it to match the rest.

two pack paint would work if you wanted to do the whole bath, that stuff is strong!!!!! car paint scratches easy, this then allows water under it so not the best way to go, but two pack is amazing!!!!

I have used it on cars and boats once you have that on it is just about the same as the enamel on the bath, I also had some bath paint in NZ and I think that was basicly white 2 pack.

where to get 2 pack paint?? through a automotive paint supply shop, dont let them farang you and give you standard car paint, this stuff comes with the paint and a hardener.