Don's

wilsongbrown

Throughout the low season, not very much on the shelves, but sometimes yogurt for the occasional Indian dinner available, together with buttermilk and pickled herring. Now, right at the beginning of high season, nothing, nada, not a thing on the shelves.

You closing down? What's the point of keeping two barely empty shop units open if not? Miss your 'real pasta' homemade and reasonably priced too :)

Edited by wilsongbrown

Why don't you ask Don directly instead of publicly posting a gripe here and hoping he stumbles across it?

HE is not posting a gripe but asking a question, that's what the forum is for among other things. I noticed the shop had very little stock the last time i was there and when i asked the assistant when they would be getting new stock she did not know, why should anyone have to go and ask don personally.

Why don't you ask Don directly instead of publicly posting a gripe here and hoping he stumbles across it?

HE is not posting a gripe but asking a question, that's what the forum is for among other things. I noticed the shop had very little stock the last time i was there and when i asked the assistant when they would be getting new stock she did not know, why should anyone have to go and ask don personally.

If you have a question for somebody, ask it personally or by PN, not on a public forum. Unless of course it is not really a question for Don.

Surely as a prominent business and forum sponsor, who uses the forum to market, the topic of conversation is a valid one ??

I am sure Dons a nice guy, but that doesnt mean everyone has to skirt the issue or dodge reality ??

Don makes posts in TV to promote his business and communicate with the market. It then becomes natural for us to communicate with Don here.

Dons food stores used to be a source of hard-to-find farang items. Competition now exists, and the stores are basicly empty. If your lucky, get his thai made peppersauces al a tabasco. yummie :)

Dons presence in the Phuket restaurant past few months have made the servicelevel acceptable again and food has improved. I had almost given the place up, but have now eaten there twice in 10 days.