Another Reason Why Brits Want To Settle To Thailand...

Zodiac

And this has what to do with Thailand?

With respect it obviously has everything to do with Thailand. Brits are fed up with the mis use of their tax money, so they come to settle and live in Thailand to get away from the unfair tax system in the UK.

Edited by Zodiac

With respect it obviously has everything to do with Thailand. Brits are fed up with the mis use of their tax money, so they come to settle and live in Thailand to get away from the unfair tax system in the UK.

So that they can support Thai children instead...same same but different I guess :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

I really don't see that £30 less to spend because of tax increases in economy is going to have a major effect on flights to Thailand........

Business travel is occasionally just a jolly, especially with modern day comunication techniques, this travel will be set against company profits and therefore deprive the tax system of revenue....so to discourage this why not tax at source?

For genuine business and first class travellers......keep it coming.....allows cheaper tickets for us economy class travellers.....thank you.

Beat me to the punch about claiming support for children born in Thailand , often out of wedlock , but at least some of those Poles are working in the UK and paying taxes in all sorts of ways other than on income . I have always been more concerned about government employees who pay NO taxes , they just give back some of that which they stole from the contributions of the working masses .

Is the benefit not largely paid through tax relief? therefore for the wage earner usual UK taxes are applicable?

Is there not a benefit in the wife and children not being provided with education, healthcare, etc in the UK....just a thought.....

Anybody tried to claim for children who are UK nationals living in Thailand?

Edited by 473geo

This is old News. if all the knockers of the UK stayed and made there voice hared through the ballot box then maybe The UK would be an even better place than it is. its OK thinking Thailand is the land Of milk an honey, get yourself away from the degradation of Pattaya and go look at the real Thailand , with its starving people inequality, racism, I like the real Thailand with its people who live the real Thai way,I don't compareThe UK with a small piece of Thailand take a look at the bigger pictour.

this is mad.... i never knew this?

but i have just been taxed 1K GBP this month and not happy about it !, and to knowthink this is where my money is going ...... maybe back to thailand me thinks

Just had to say mate, I like the David Brent.... spot on!

me thinks,one should not throw stones in greenhouses,considering the number of uk guys in los,claiming benifits illegely.

And how many is that exactly?

Another beer bar expert methinks. Try reading a newspaper instead of looking at the pictures in the 'sun.

Oh the irony! Immigrants complaining about immigration. :)

The difference being that the immigrants here complaining are supporting themselves and maybe a family too as there is no welfare system so why would the natives complain as we are barred from doing many jobs and only put money into the pot...

If there was no welfare system in the UK do you think we would be having this conversation and do you think the little old island would be at bursting point with immigrants.... probably not IMHO.

Oh the irony! Immigrants complaining about immigration. :)

The difference being that the immigrants here complaining are supporting themselves and maybe a family too as there is no welfare system so why would the natives complain as we are barred from doing many jobs and only put money into the pot...

If there was no welfare system in the UK do you think we would be having this conversation and do you think the little old island would be at bursting point with immigrants.... probably not IMHO.

It might not be at bursting point with immigrants (how do you define bursting point btw?) if there were no welfare system, but it would be back to the deprivation and poverty of the 1920's/30's rickets,hunger, high infant mortality, little or no education for the poor, exploitation by employers, slum landlords. People forget the reason why we have a welfare system is because we needed one. Our country treated it's poor and unemployed in a terrible way and even if it is abused by some that is no reason to punish people by removing it altogether. Crime rates, murder, theft, exploitation, drugs, prostitution, all of which are problems now, would increase exponentially if there was no welfare system.

Modern European countries cannot operate sustainably without some kind of safety net for their populations.

The Daily Mail will rot your brain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majornews/...ing-abroad.html

"British taxpayers are funding child benefit payments for 37,900 children who live in Poland"

what makes you think you would be welcome in thailand if you are a xenophobic prick.

TVforum isn't your local village pub back home, (in theory) this is expat forum is somekind of international community.

Rumsfoord. Not sure where you coming from with "xenophobic prick"

I think the OP has a relevant point in his posting. Do YOU not think it strange that the British tax payer are funding Child benefit for children not living in the UK and NOT even Uk citizens.

BUT yet a British citizen with a family in Thailand receive nothing. Fair No, EU rule yes. And as the UK pretty much rolls over to Brussels things will get worse.

Edited by thaicbr