Taking A Quiet Walk In Nature Near Pattaya

Crypt36

So apart from smoked makarel, decent bread and cheese the only thing I really really miss living in Pattaya is being able to take a nice and quiet walk in nature.

I understand this is kind of a white people weekend family thing and thais don't go out for a walk but there has to be some place?!

So if anyone knows of a nice forest with some trails in it or a place where you can have a quiet walk along the coastline anywhere near Pattaya please let me know!

So apart from smoked makarel, decent bread and cheese the only thing I really really miss living in Pattaya is being able to take a nice and quiet walk in nature.

I understand this is kind of a white people weekend family thing and thais don't go out for a walk but there has to be some place?!

So if anyone knows of a nice forest with some trails in it or a place where you can have a quiet walk along the coastline anywhere near Pattaya please let me know!

:D

Sir; I have excellent news for you: the place you describe most certainly exists; this is what you do:

1. Drive South on Sukhumvit Rd. towards Satahip.

2. TURN left at the lights of SILVERLAKE VINEYARD. (right after the turnoff WatYaan, but before the turnoff Nongnooch)

3. Drive Straight through Silverlake Vineyard and past the little "airport".

4. About 1 minute later, you'll be driving through a National Park; look fo the entrance on your right.

5. Park your car there and go for that walk through this Magic Forest (Initiative of HM the King, by the way)

This place will certainly blow your mind, because it is stunningly beautiful. You could walk for hours and not meet another human being; however, you could run into wild monkeys (they're totally non-dangerous), wild chickens and rabbits. Of course, there are a zilion birds. You'll walk by beautiful lakes and many very intersting tree, shrub and plant species.

So; nestled between Silverlake Vineyard and the unique new Eco-Villa develpment (just around the corner on Hwy-331) named The Wnery Villas Estate, there is a genuine piece of Heaven, which very, very few people know about.

From Pattaya, it takes no more than 15 minutes to get to this wonderfull destination.

You'll be glad you put your question here, because you are going to LOVE this Natoal Park Gem !

Cheers,

:)

JGK/Pattaya

Edited by jaapfries

Sir; I have excellent news for you: the place you describe most certainly exists; this is what you do:

2. TURN left at the lights of SILVERLAKE VINEYARD. (right after the turnoff WatYaan, but before the turnoff Nongnooch)

4. About 1 minute later, you'll be driving through a National Park; look fo the entrance on your right.

5. Park your car there and go for that walk through this Magic Forest (Initiative of HM the King, by the way)

This place will certainly blow your mind, because it is stunningly beautiful. You could walk for hours and not meet another human being; however, you could run into wild monkeys (they're totally non-dangerous), wild chickens and rabbits. Of course, there are a zilion birds. You'll walk by beautiful lakes and many very intersting tree, shrub and plant species.

So; nestled between Silverlake Vineyard and the unique new Eco-Villa develpment (just around the corner on Hwy-331) named The Wnery Villas Estate, there is a genuine piece of Heaven, which very, very few people know about.

From Pattaya, it takes no more than 15 minutes to get to this wonderfull destination.

You'll be glad you put your question here, because you are going to LOVE this Natoal Park Gem !

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

Pattaya%20map.png

Sounds awesome!!!

Could you please point out the exact location of the park because I have a hard time locating it.

Edited by Crypt36

Hi,

In Pattaya, smoked mackerel, red snapper & salmon, as well as decent breads & cheese are available at Villa Market, 2nd Road. In Jomtien, smoked mackerel & salmon, as well as decent breads & cheese are available at Foodmart on Theppraya Road (maybe you can take a nice and quiet walk on over there, do a little food shopping... and kill 2 birds with one stone). Good luck!

Edited by Michaelaway

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

To make it easy for him it is the Buddha Mountain Road and as you say the road after Wat Yaan Road, Incindentaly the fence on the other side of the road by the park is the back side of the Royal Park Reserve Project which is open to the public, you can drive in and park then walk. I have seen all manner of critters in there including small black bears climbing trees. Not sure how to tell you how to find the main entrance though, it's kind of at the back of Wat Yaan Temple complex.

OK I know, when you come out of the park turn right and go to the 331 junction, turn left then take the first left to the back of Wat Yaan, that road will take you right past the main entrance to the Royal Park Project.

I think Villa sometimes carries smoked mackeral.

Villa does have smoked makeral and so does foodland... just had some, not bad at all :)

...and from what I heard you can have a quiet walk at Villa in the aisles... :D

Smoked mackeral at the Finish place ("Country Kitchen") In Soi Siam Country Club. Also the salmon is a recommendation, he imports the wood for smoking form Finland....that's at least his story...

This place in Pattaya was kinda cool:

P1050058.jpg

If you don't want to go far why not explore the paths through the forest near Big Buddha and the naval station on Pratumnak hill. Park near the Bali Hai lighthouse, go up the stone steps and then just go for a wander along the hill.

The problem is I don't have transportation so I need to be able to tell the taxi driver where to drop me off exactly. I can't find any park on the map nor the wat nor the vineyard?! If I'd tell the driver to bring me to Wat Yaan will that be OK? Is the entrance close there?

The problem is I don't have transportation so I need to be able to tell the taxi driver where to drop me off exactly. I can't find any park on the map nor the wat nor the vineyard?! If I'd tell the driver to bring me to Wat Yaan will that be OK? Is the entrance close there?

Can you not just hire a bike or car?

I think Villa sometimes carries smoked mackeral.

Villa does have smoked makeral and so does foodland... just had some, not bad at all :D

I go to Foodland every now and then for the backery, I like their Cracked Grain bread. Still it ain't great compared to what you buy in Holland but hey we're the experts, same goes for cheese :)

I never noticed the smoked mackerel! It's my favourite! I hope it's gonna be good / and the same thing I eat in Holland and mean by smoked mackerel.

It's a plantation project in Honour of the Queens 60th birthday. I found it exactly as you told me! 1 min past the winery and the big golden buddha painting on the mountainside (awfull!!!! Religious graffity haha).

Had a very nice 90min walk over to the lake and back. Very exhausting though with this heat and the road going up and down. Gonna go back next weak and do some of the other parts of the trail.

Thanx!!!

It's a plantation project in Honour of the Queens 60th birthday. I found it exactly as you told me! 1 min past the winery and the big golden buddha painting on the mountainside (awfull!!!! Religious graffity haha).

Had a very nice 90min walk over to the lake and back. Very exhausting though with this heat and the road going up and down. Gonna go back next weak and do some of the other parts of the trail.

Thanx!!!

It is the largest Buddha Image in the world. It is 130 meters tall and 70 meters wide. The carving is inlaid with gold and has been carved into the rock by laser technology in 1990 and was officially opened in 1993 by His Majesty King Bhumibol.

Just be careful,of what you think is a joke!

• 2 weeks later...

This National Park sounds great. Thanks to everyone for posting the information.

I'm anxious to give it a visit. I can see where it is from the map etc so no problem getting there.

Could anyone who's already been please answer:

1. Does it have proper paths?

2. Are sandals/flip-flops appropriate footwear or do you need trainers/walking boots?

3. What is the name of this National Park?

Cheers.

I often go to Big Buddha (Phra yai) hill at the south end of town. There are roads/trails near the top that lead inland and there are many walkers and runners there. I have never gone down the wide path very far so can't speak to what is at the other end. In general it is peaceful and you get a views of the city now and then.

I have been meaning to get out to the winery and near the big buddha mountain. I went to the mountain on my very first trip to Thailand and have not been back since.

I too love a good quiet walk.

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

Any photo of this place ? Sounds incredible !

I believe that all the significant places to walk near Pattaya are listed on the Thailand section of the geocaching website. There is no cost, just create a free account. The pages include road,terrain and satellite maps of the areas. A particular one near the vineyard is called "Fenced In" so if u search it you will see all the maps plus driving instructions.

For the more hardy there are openwater swims South of Sattahip, and some very tough hill climbs again near Khao Chee Chan.

It is easy to get lost in many of these areas, so as a minimum, tell someone where you are going, take a compass and watch the Bear Grylls stuff. More importantly TAKE PLENTY of WATER, Freeze it B4hand, a litre lasts forever, well a half day.

I have been walking climbing and cycling this area for years, I even know how many rubber trees there are on some plantations.

Edited by honey2000