Snake Bite Saves Man’s Life

george

Snake bite saves man’s life

SRISAKET: A one-legged fisherman fought off two ten-foot pythons he caught in his net by biting them in the throat.

Fifty-six-year-old Chachawan Chaowaphithikul said the snakes attacked him when he tried to free them from his net.

Mr Chachawan said he placed the net in a brook near his house every day.

When he went to check it on the morning of October 22, he found a writhing mass of snakes trapped inside.

Fearing the animals could drown, he tried to free them.

The snakes were very aggressive, however.

One of them bit him on the arm, then two tried to constrict him.

“I tried to call for help, but no one came,” Mr Chachawan said. “To save my life I started biting the snakes. Finally they loosened their grip and I managed to trap them in the net again.”

Mr Chachawan took the snakes back into the village and called Civil Defence Volunteers to come and deal with them.

The volunteers said they would take the snakes deep into the forest and release them.

-- Khao Sod 2009-11-03

Can't be true. Isaaners would have eaten those critters rather than let them go.

EATEN OR SOLD THEM, WHICH IS GOOD ... MALAYSIANS WOULD HAVE ADOPTED THEM AS FAMILY

Edited by GuyLakeman

Can't be true. Isaaners would have eaten those critters rather than let them go.

I've never known an Isaaner to pass up a free lunch either. If he didn't eat them then he'd have surely sold them to someone who would have done.

Edited by sinbin

A bit off topic , but non the less. Far more on track than the above posts though.

I was getting up in the morning up at the families house , earlier this week, out in the hills of Sungnerng/Pak Chong/ Pak Chong Chai area.

Pulled on my trousers and was aware that I was not alone in my pants.

At first I thought that I had a host of red ants in there , so I quickly dropped my kit :D .

Expecting the usual,I was surprised to see a scorpian crawl out of my jeans. It was about 50mm long.

Mmmmm.

Not have ever been stung by one before, I decided to catch it and show the wife, who was still sleeping( as wives do), she looked at it , then me , said nothing and went back to sleep.

Somewhat bemused by her reaction I showed it her Mother who laughed. Which was reassuring :)

But it did sting for a couple of days.

The wifes mother had received a bite from a very big red centipeed a few weeks earlier so I guess the scorpian was considered to be small potatoes compared to that.

Edited by soihok

------------------------------------------------------------

I agree 100%. They eat everything that walks, talks, breath, limbs, crawls, swims and flyes

up here in Isaan. So i do not believe this story at all.

Glegolo