Is There A Nando's In Pattaya?

-noodles-

Nope, there are no Nandos anywhere in Thailand. Which is a dam_n shame! I've resorted to importing bottles of Nandos sauce from the UK and adding that to the Peri Peri chicken places we have here in Bangkok.

I've never been to the ones in Malaysia, how popular are they there?

Martin

Gee that's a shame, i thought someone would have brought the franchise over here by now.

Great idea putting your own Nando's sauce on it, i think i will also bring back 1-2 bottles next trip home and do the same.

But what are Peri Peri chicken places in Bangkok? Is it a chain similar to Nando's selling chicken with a Peri Peri sauce?

Nando's in Malaysia didn't seem that busy when i went in to the ones in Penang (Gurney Plaza) and the one near the Petaling market in KL. They also have Kenny Roger's chicken which seemed more popular and was quite good too with the gravy pepper sauce.

Yeah, the Peri Peri places here in Bangkok are a chain similar to Nandos, called simply Peri Peri Chicken I believe. Funny because have just been there for dinner tonight with my Nandos sauce bottle with me of course :) There is one in Siam Paragon and one in Emporium. Sure there must be more around but i've not seen them.

To be fair though you can get fresh grilled chicken from almost any street vendor in Thailand and add the Nandos sauce to it and it works fine, that's what I used to do when I lived down in Phuket before.

Martin

Thanks for the info Martin, i will definitely seek out this Peri Peri Chicken place next time i'm up that way. Yes i like the idea of buying grilled chicken from a street vendor and putting Peri Peri sauce on it with a side of somtam... i like spicy :)

The Amigo Portuguese Macao Restaurant In Jomtien (way down beach road towards the end) has a dish called African chicken on the menu. Of course piri piri chicken is popular in Portugal. I haven't been down there in a while, are they still in business?

http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?acti...ews&id=6178

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Nandos is pretty good and is definitely a whole lot better than any other fast food place I have ever been to.

It is however a little overpriced in my opinion going on what they charge in Australia.

A burger meal is around 14 dollars Australian which makes it nearly double that of KFC.

Still I reckon in those upmarket shopping malls in Thailand it would do okay as the quality is definitely up there.

maybe its just my tastebuds but i have gone to nandos in canada and i found it to be boreing chicken , not delicious tasting and wouldnt reccomend it to anyone , but then again thats just me .

Maybe not just you, I tried Nandos in Vancouver and it was nowhere near as good as in the UK and the menu was very limited as well.

• 13 years later...
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

More or less!

Just ate their food.

Great discount on Food Panda now!

1/2 chicken with choice of two sides.

Massive portion.

Soi LK Metro

Pattaya 

Same same but different  

Branded  Nandos sauces.

How can this be?

https://m.facebook.com/NandosPeriPeriChickenPattaya

I buy the original sauces in Villa Mart:

https://shop.villamarket.com/product/220785

• Thanks 1

OK I'm trying to be a little diplomatic here.

This business is using the Nandos name and is selling similar products as the world famous Nandos.

But they're not explictly claiming they are associated with that brand.

Thailand isn't Russia or North Korea.

How can they do that?

I mean you can't even get away with calling a business McSushi even though McDonald's doesn't sell sushi.

Get my drift?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:17 AM, Jingthing said:

Right but they are using the Nandos name in their signage and menu.

How can they do that?

You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. Every little thing isn't litigated. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, pegman said:

Some things are.

It's just too blatant 

There is a funny difference.

Pattaya "Nandos" offers Mexican rice instead of Portuguese rice.

I've never been to an actual Nandos. I did have authentic  African peri per chicken in Lisbon though.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, pegman said:

First of all, they aren’t copying the logo and secondly they are advertising Nando’s sauces. In other words they are claiming to utilise genuine Nando’s sauces, rather than being an actual Nando’s outlet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NextG said:

First of all, they aren’t copying the logo and secondly they are advertising Nando’s sauces. In other words they are claiming to utilise genuine Nando’s sauces, rather than being an actual Nando’s outlet. 

So you think Nandos would be OK with a chicken joint using their name? I don't.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

So there are about 73 Nandos shop in Malaysia. I wonder why they haven't entered the Thailand market.

I wish! One of my favourite restaurants when I go back to the UK and also on the few occasions I've visited Malaysia. They also do a delicious Pastel de nata (Portuguese custard tart)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bang saen guy said:

Is the Nando's in LK decent?

It’s not a Nando’s…. They just claim to utilise and to sell genuine Nando’s sauces. Whether the production values are similar you can find out for yourself. 

I did an order.

1/2 Chicken

Massive but not noticeably seasoned so not really peri peri chicken.

Side Nandos sauce.

Baked potato. Plain. Massive.

Side butter.

Corn on the cob. Plain.

Got a huge discount from Grab so worth it just for the chicken protein but not exactly a culinary delight.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s not a Nando’s…. They just claim to utilise and to sell genuine Nando’s sauces. Whether the production values are similar you can find out for yourself. 

I haven't been to a real Nandos but even so it was obvious to me that their food isn't the same.