90 Day Report

I will be making my 90 day report at the Immigration Office in Soi 5, Jomtien tomorrow.

The last time I was only required to have my passport, a copy of my lease agreement and a completed TM 47.

I seem to remember reading during the last three months that more than the above is now required.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction if this is the case please?

Sometimes copies of passport pages and TM6 departure card required as well (but Chonburi may be different) plus previous 'Receipt of Notifications' slip (but that is probably already in your passport). Maybe you are thinking about Kor Sor 2 (copy of marriage register) which is a recent request at some immigration offices, but that is for extension of stay applications rather than 90 day reporting.

I did my 90 day report at Khon Kaen Immigration on Monday . Only Passport and TM47 form needed.

I do realise that other offices differ.

You mean to say the "90 day Parole report" to your parole office,, what a f%@€*ing joke. in the 13 years I have been here I have only done this twice as my Visa has changed and no longer have a wp, if they really want to keep a tab on where we are simply report if you have changed your address. Every 90 days, I hate it so must I will pack and take my investment out of here, Not a lot, 30 odd mill, and if they keep p ising off expats, where will they extort tea money in future,???

The Jomtien office went through a phase of requiring 'proof of residence'.

My last 90 day ( 5 weeks ago) that had been dropped.

I gave - Passport, completed form - and in and out in 5 minutes.

( keep your lease copy up your sleeve just in case!!) but dont offer it.

… Every 90 days, I hate it so must I will pack and take my investment out of here…

There are many different reasons why people decide to invest, or not to invest, in Thailand and yours is as valid as any other. A man has to have his principles and live by them.

--

Maestro

I did my 90 day report at Khon Kaen Immigration on Monday . Only Passport and TM47 form needed.

You mean to say the "90 day Parole report" to your parole office,, what a f%@€*ing joke. in the 13 years I have been here I have only done this twice as my Visa has changed and no longer have a wp, if they really want to keep a tab on where we are simply report if you have changed your address. Every 90 days, I hate it so must I will pack and take my investment out of here, Not a lot, 30 odd mill, and if they keep p ising off expats, where will they extort tea money in future,???

I would think that with your kind of investment you would have some kind of Thai help like I have. I simply send my passport and completed form with my maid and a note to say I'm busy. Never a problem. The immigration written instructions spell out quite clearly that you can authorise someone else to do this. So it is ridiculous to compare it with being "on parole" where you musst report personally.

I may be wrong, but I think that the 90 day report is the law and indeed, may even be international law.

However, I do stand to be corrected.

It is not international law. It is included in the Thai laws of another era - but not all provisions are enforced - this was not until very recently.

This could easily be handled by phone or internet these days but so far there is no such provision - so countless needless trips are being made every day for nothing.

It turned out to be the easiest report I have done yet.

The (very young) lady only wanted my passport, my previous receipt of notification and completed TM 47.

In and out in five minutes flat with a smile and even a little bit of humour.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya