What Countries Can Thai Nationals Travel W/minimal Hassle?

I'm a US citizen not looking to play the complicated Visa game. I want to come to TL and do my 90 days and then take my Thai gf somewhere else, such as an ASEAN country or India, etc., until I can come back for another 90 days. What countries can Thai nationals travel to and from easily? It would just be great to bob back and forth btween TL and Vietnam/Laos for example!

Thanks in advance for your comments!

All ASEAN countries except Burma. Some of those countries will be easier for her than for you, as a matter of fact (no visa fees for her). India is a hassle for everybody :)

India will be less hassle for her than you... - Thai's visas are issued same day (if you're very early) or next day. Foreigners generally take a week (and pay more).

Wife had no problem getting hers for our trip there a couple of months ago, no documentation (proof of income etc. like you need for Oz/Uk), was basically just the photo, visa form, and the money for the visa. The only odd thing is they need 2 references in India. (hotel you're booked at can be one, I used a friend's address for the other).

Also for Cambodia would she need a Visa for entering. But not a problem.

Just look what is convinient for you and her, which country-how far away you like and than check it out on the Countrys Website if there is a big, small or no problem.

I will Google it, but I heared that Mexico does only want to see a return Ticket-maybe some money also? From Cambodians entering the country.

So it should be same for Thais?

Would not be far from the states and the GREEN BORDER.

By Alfred

I have traveled to Hong kong and Macau with my Thai wife and not had any problems. But I believe any ASEAN nation, Thai's can travel with no passport. But always best to check the nations embassy website before you travel. I also feel it is best to have a return ticket and medical insurance for both of you's for the least probelms at passport control.

Happy traveling

Regards

Wikipedia has a really good resource showing the travel possibilities for a Thai passport holder. Check it out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_passport

For those looking to have a holiday with their Thai loved one a little closer to home, one could try Bermuda

Hope this was helpful

All the Best!

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal

No reason to leave SEA fly to KL etc pick up another 60 days extendable inside for 30 more

You are American theres all the details on links here to mfa pinned

As the say here up to you

AsI am sure you are aware Bahrain costs BD2 and although we have been there its not ideal place for any foregn women,I would recommend Oman or Maldives for a vacation though not cheap

Good luck

Edited by RubbaJohnny

As you say RubbaJohnny Bahrain costs BD2 or more for depending on the length of stay for some nationals. Thais receive their 2 week visa free on arrival. Agreed there's not much to see unless you're into shopping malls. :)