• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Fundraiser - Philippines Flood Disaster

wolf5370

Hi,

some Philippino friend's of mine are helping to run a fundraiser for the Philippine's Flood Disaster (unless you have been living under a rock, then you will know the Philippines has been hit by a succession of typhoons and floods over the last month or so).

I have a poster, the info on it is as follows:

Fundraiser

APWLD invites you and a guest to attend a fundraiser for the benefit of the victims of the Philippines flood disaster on

Date: 20 November, 2009

Time: 6:30 pm

Venue: Girl Guides Association Camp Compound

189/3 Changklan Rd, A. Muang, CM 50100, Thailand

Tickets per person 250B

Please contact: Navarat Nophiran - Navarat[at]apwld.org for tickets [Mods please make an exception for the public email]

Program for the evening:

6:30pm Opening - Kate Lappin

6:45pm Welcome speech - Prof. Virada Somswasdi

7:00pm Update situation - Mae Ann Llanza

7:15pm Dinner (Buffet)

8:00pm Auction - Rachael McQuin

9:00pm Party

Please support APWLD at this event

(APWDL) Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development.

Tel: (66) 53 284527, 284856

Fax: (66) 53 280847

www.apwld.org

I have my ticket, so maybe I see you there. Cheap night out and a good cause too. Please, lets try and make it a success.

PS: If you have trouble getting a ticket or whatever, PM me and I'll try and put you in touch with my friends.

PPS: On of the husband's of one of the people arranging this is a well known Phillipino artist (modern art and sculpture) and I believe (but don't hold me to this!) that he may be putting something in the auction. He rarely sells his stuff, its mostly personal and commission - and gallery - I understand CMU are discussing a (possibly permanent) gallery for some of his work and some was displayed for the ASEAN.