Abhisit Could Die From Problems

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A country gets the government it deserves. Makes you wonder what the Cambodians did to deserve this PM.

You missed the word democratic in there: a democratic country gets the government it deserves.

Hence very few countries in SE Asia have a government they deserve and that very much includes Thailand and Cambodia.

100 Peu Thai MPs are going to Phnom Pehn, right on schedule.

I wonder if they hired one of those big party buses. :D

100 is about right to charter a plane. So it may turn into a big party plane, including some Air Asia hosties. :)

Either way, it seems like a more sensible thing to do compared to marching on Phra Viharn trying to stir trouble?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I wonder if they hired one of those big party buses. :D

100 is about right to charter a plane. So it may turn into a big party plane, including some Air Asia hosties. :)

Either way, it seems like a more sensible thing to do compared to marching on Phra Viharn trying to stir trouble?

Wonder if they'll be paying for their drinkies on Air Asia

More seriously it seems there is some confusion on when Thaksin will leave Cambodia and whether this will go ahead. Party for Friday night with him leaving Saturday or as Noppadol says he leaves tomorrow.

So what if Cambodians are fighting on the border with Thai soldiers.

What is that line about "giving aid and comfort to the enemy"?

Hun Sen is actively trying to destabilize Thailand.

That qualifies as an Enemy of the State.

Peu Thai is so desperate to get back Thaksin, and sole access to the money trough,

no move and now ally of convenience is too low a stoop.

According to the Nation these 100 Peu Thai MP are going Cambodia and some of them are going to drink till dawn and then see Taksin off to Dubai.

Glad to see the MPs' using the Taxpayers money wisely. Personally i think the government should let them all nip over the border, let them get smashed and then at about 3 am close the border and call a snap general election.

Imagine 100 hungover / drunk MP's at the closed boder crossing at poi pet enraged that they can't contest the election.

This is a major slap down. The statements made cannot be dismissed as is being done by some people here. The statements would not have been made without a prior feeling out of sentiments of other countries in the region. Simply put, I don't think the current thai government can count on its neighbors for support. Neighbors do not engage in such diplomatic talk unless they have written off the target of the talk. I believe that Mr, Abhisit's days as a political leader are nearing an end. I won't be surprised if he is soon pushed aside or resigns in frustration.

Hun Sen exports his brand of poltics employed regularly in his country to a neighbour. His speech is beyond diplomatic language - a comparison of the Thai extradition request and the Cambodianm response shows Cambiodia wants to use common or street language while Thailand wants to use diplomatic/legal language. Thailand is playing to an international audience right now and Cambodia to their local one and possibly Thaksin's base. With Abhisit due to play an important role in a meeting with Obama in the next few days Thailand will not change tact but just resubmit the request in diplomatic language. With Hun Sen and Thaksin both wanting to embarrass or upstage Abhisit's moment they will keep to common parlance. A question remains as to how far people want to push things to wreck Abhisit's moment in the sun which no doubt Thaksin also thinks shouiild have been his. Interesting that Cambodia is adding almost verbatim red leader talking points into its releases and responses. Realpolitik.

After the Obama meeting Thailand could change tack a bit.

I would just like to remind you all about the Foreign Minister Kasit, when during the Airport closure "did he or did he not say something like "I will wash my feet with the blood of Hun Sen. (VERY DIPLOMATIC and VERY STREET LANGUAGE) At the end you get what you serve. Tom Die, De Die---Tom Chua, Die Chua.

Seems rather strange ecomomics to me if Thailand can stop buying from cambodia so that it loses money and cambodia can buy Thai goods from other countries so Thailand still gains revenue. Is that advice from the economic advisor?

I know you know, but its not the actuall Thai goods that will go trough 3rd countries, its replacement for the said goods. Initially it will be thai goods, but that wont last long and will open permanent competition for that goods. I have a feeling the diffrence between import from Thailand and exports to Thailand is closer to the center of this issue then most realise.

Kasit has never been mentioned in this except by Cougar.

He has said nothing in this current affair that I have seen so far.

I have yet to see a full accurate quote of what Kasit said in that PAD Airport speech.

I have seen several people cut an paste and NON-quote repeatedly implying this is fact.

Till I see a exact, complete quote in a paper of record, it is nothing more than propaganda talk.

Though I have no doubt nothing much nice was said about Hun Sen in any case.

Kasit was not in ANY diplomatic position at that time.

And I have never seen anyone but TVF posters say any government has labled him a terrorist.

Saying Abhisit could "die from problems" is way beyond the realm of diplomatic speak,

and into the realm of implied threats of violence, just short of an direct threat.

It amazes me in the Abhisit threads how often Thaksins name comes up.

Amazes you? What is going on in the news right now is somewhat extraordinary i would say, and so the fact that Thaksin gets talked about so much on a number of different threads can hardly be a great surprise.

This thread is about Hun Sen attacking Abhisit. The connection of that story to Thaksin is rather obvious i would say.

animatic>> I have asked what 'nations and newspapers' that called Kasit a terrorist, as red-fans re-stated it here, but have yet to see a reply. Did I miss it?

And saying another leader could die from problems could constitute a threat.

Best way to counter him is to wave him away as an unschooled child with no respect for protocol. His ego will force him to do the first move in border-closings etc.

Seems rather strange ecomomics to me if Thailand can stop buying from cambodia so that it loses money and cambodia can buy Thai goods from other countries so Thailand still gains revenue. Is that advice from the economic advisor?

Thaksinomics 101 :)

I think it just means that your stolen 4WD truck will have to go to Laos first and enter Cambodia from there. :D

A country gets the government it deserves. Makes you wonder what the Cambodians did to deserve this PM.

They fought a long and painful war for their freedom. The other option was a Khmer Rouge led government.

I believe they made the right choice

They still have a Khmer Rouge led government - Hun Sen was a central figure in the Khmer Rouge, lol. He's a thug and a villian, and quite unworthy of any sort of respect. He can talk all he wants. Personally, I would be happy to ship all Thailand's criminals there. They can all take turns robbing the state blind.

This is a major slap down. The statements made cannot be dismissed as is being done by some people here. The statements would not have been made without a prior feeling out of sentiments of other countries in the region. Simply put, I don't think the current thai government can count on its neighbors for support. Neighbors do not engage in such diplomatic talk unless they have written off the target of the talk. I believe that Mr, Abhisit's days as a political leader are nearing an end. I won't be surprised if he is soon pushed aside or resigns in frustration.

Either resigns in frustration and a more nationalist person get in power, or he massive gain in support. Always the enemy from outside helps to stabilize a government. Many see the reds as traitors and come with century old stories about war with Cambodia.

It amazes me in the Abhisit threads how often Thaksins name comes up.

Amazes you? What is going on in the news right now is somewhat extraordinary i would say, and so the fact that Thaksin gets talked about so much on a number of different threads can hardly be a great surprise.

This thread is about Hun Sen attacking Abhisit. The connection of that story to Thaksin is rather obvious i would say.

Yes, sure its obvious, I wasnt tyring to say that it wasnt and perhaps I've chosen a bad thread to mention it but the THREAD is titled the death of Abhisit and whats going to happen now is everything will Focus on THAKSIN, with minor reference to Hun Sen and Abhisit themselves.

According to some people around here THAKSIN is the main puppet string puller, the master of all times and I just dont think thats the case. Theres no doubt that the Cambodians are playing games and trying to rock the boat as much as possible, they will have their own hidden agenda for doing so & their world certainly wont revolve around MR T.

Anyway, any given week for the last 12-18 months somebody somewhere has been calling it the political death of Abhisit and each and everytime thus far they've been wrong. :)

Either resigns in frustration and a more nationalist person get in power, or he massive gain in support. Always the enemy from outside helps to stabilize a government. Many see the reds as traitors and come with century old stories about war with Cambodia.

Lol - I think geretrickid is living in a different world. Abhisit is policically much stronger after this flare up, and he'll be PM for several years to come. You don't have to believe me, just wait for me to be saying "I told you so" next year, the year after, and so on. When I do, please take it like a man.

Actually Hun Sen never said that "Abbhisit can die from this problem". If you listen to the original broadcast there are many things that he didn't say but have been added in the Nation report. There are plenty of Khmer posters on sites calling the Nation "liars".

- Mr. Hun Sen did not say "Cambodia can import every Thai product from other countries", but he says "Cambodia can import other countries'products"

- He did not say "even one pig would not be able to cross."

- He did not say "Friends cannot feed friends to the tiger."

- He did not say "I don't see any value in the Thai justice system worthy of respect." He just said "thai court decision is not covering in cambodia..."

http://svichet.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/th...e-big-fat-liar/

Before anybody speaks about this, they need to understand that I have been working in politics when the Thai prime minister was still a child.

Sort of thing that Samak liked to say.

Anyway, we all know what Hun Sen was up to when Abhisit was a child and it's hardly something to be proud of.

Yeah, Hun Sen was a Khmer rouge killer and fled when he had a barney with some local leaders.

He fools no-one, he's a bigger dictator than any in the Thai government.

This is why he loves the red-shirts so much. Spread subversion and dissent from within. That's Hun Sens game.

So what if Cambodians are fighting on the border with Thai soldiers.

What is that line about "giving aid and comfort to the enemy"?

Hun Sen is actively trying to destabilize Thailand.

That qualifies as an Enemy of the State.

Peu Thai is so desperate to get back Thaksin, and sole access to the money trough,

no move and now ally of convenience is too low a stoop.

A little clarification, please. Is there some punctuation missing from your second line - and it should read "So, what if Cambodians are fighting on the border with Thai soldiers?" ?

Or does the "So what if" equate to "So what that Cambodians are fighting on the border with Thai soldiers"?

Either way, all the reports I've seen relate that all* is quiet on the border - and have been (PAD permitting) for some time. Do you know different?

Do you mean Hun Sen qualifies as an "Enemy of the State"? That label's universally applied to a national of the State of which he's deemed to be an enemy. I know much is made of Siamese/Khmer hegemony moving around quite a bit over the centuries, but I can't help feeling that you're stretching things a tad far if you're suggesting that Hun Sen's really a Thai national in some way. Or do you mean that the label should apply to the 100 MP's going to visit Thaksin while he's in Cambodia because you see that as somehow "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".......... whichever "enemy" in the proper legal sense that is? From imagined fighting to an imagined state of war - all in just a couple of lines......... that's impressive :) .

*To be fair there was a report of a bit of a punch-up about the right and wrongs of what's been said - between a pair of traders in a border market; but no Thai soldiers were involved and it hasn't (yet, anyway) led to the formal state of war that would be required for most of your post to make any sense at all.

Hun Sen is very clearly using his strong political position within his own country to poke a big stick very specifically at Abhisit to provoke a reaction, even to the point of of saying that economic sanctions will not be enough. I would hope that Abhisit is not foolish enough to be lured into this as it seems fairly clear that the aim is to create enough chaos that a peacemaker is needed with strong support on both sides of the border.

Before anybody speaks about this, they need to understand that I have been working in politics when the Thai prime minister was still a child.

Sort of thing that Samak liked to say.

Anyway, we all know what Hun Sen was up to when Abhisit was a child and it's hardly something to be proud of.

Since when running a nation is personal. I thought the elected official (if they are truly elected :D ) is supposed to work for the good of the nation not themselves. Oh well is Cambodia after all :)

:D:D:D