Hp Deskjet 3550

strawberry

Hi All,

I'm continuing to have problems with my printer.

Been on to HP website trying to find an answer to the problem but no deal.

I can't get it to print. Its got one document in the queue box with won't delete and it was trying to print this document then stopping and I'd get the flashing light.

couple of days back a friend brought a thai guy here to check it out for me and he tells me that one of these but after 12 months he had to get rid of it and bought a canon. He says the HP breaks down in its second year and its cheaper to by a new one than get it fixed. Claims his experience with the canon has been that it is better technically.

can anyone tell me about this.

My HP is now out of warranty. I've had problems with this printer ever since I've had it,first of all it was always difficult to download. I've tried deleting it and then downloading it again but no can do.

Regards Joe

I had the same problem for a while with our HP OfficeJet G85.

I run Win XP. I can't remember which one fixed it but it was a matter of using the XP driver or using the driver that came with the HP cd.

Hope this helps.

Penz :o

Hi All,

I'm continuing to have problems with my printer.

Been on to HP website trying to find an answer to the problem but no deal.

I can't get it to print. Its got one document in the queue box with won't delete and it was trying to print this document then stopping and I'd get the flashing light.

couple of days back a friend brought a thai guy here to check it out for me and he tells me that one of these but after 12 months he had to get rid of it and bought a canon. He says the HP breaks down in its second year and its cheaper to by a new one than get it fixed. Claims his experience with the canon has been that it is better technically.

can anyone tell me about this.

My HP is now out of warranty. I've had problems with this printer ever since I've had it,first of all it was always difficult to download. I've tried deleting it and then downloading it again but no can do.

Regards Joe

Hp is as reliable as all others providing you have the printer installed correctly with the correct drivers for your particular operative system.

Your problem (document in queue - unable to delete) could suggest the problem is some error in the above combination.

Deleting the printer from your setup and then reinstalling the printer with the correct driver software (correct model/correct operative system - downloaded from HP) should solve the problem.

If it does not, then you can begin to think you have a defective printer.

(I am assuming you have checked the obvious like "paper stop" etc.)

Edited by Thomas_Merton

An undeleteable print job usually means a communications breakdown between the printer and the computer. Like Thomas says, uninstall the printer driver and delete any directory that the driver created. Check for a new driver on the website and try to install that. Try to do a job flush on the printer itself (usually involves holding a certain button for a few seconds).

I personally don't like HP deskjets. The idea of putting a print head on all cartridges does solve the clogging problem somewhat, but it also makes each print head cost around 1000-2000 baht, and also makes it necessary to aggregate colors into a single cartridge, which drives operating costs up even more. I've had problems with HP all in ones (not mine), but that something common with all all-in-ones. My relatives have an old HP which they use sporadically, and the print head has clogged up too many times to count, necessitating a new ($$) cartridge each time. I really feel like an jackass for recommending it to them.