Where To Live

I've just got a job in Ekamai, Soi Sukhumvit 63 and I'm just trying to figure out where to live. I would like to live quite close to work as I dont want to spend much time/money commuting to work. I'm also looking for somewhere on the cheap, from 4000 -7500 BPM.

I'm fresh in BKK so dont know the areas very well, when looking online im searching the areas of Ekamai, Klong toey and Klong Tan. Im just wondering if these are the correct areas to be looking at, and if there are other zones with easy access to Ekamai?

Does anybody have experience living/working around these areas, as of course i dont really have a clue and its always good to hear peoples views.

Thanks for your help, ta.

Which part of Ekamai? It's a long road.

When you turn left onto the road from the corner where the Major complex place is, its about 5-10 mins walk down there. The office is in the Banagkok Business Centre if that helps?

thanks

Take a walk along Sukhumvit Soi 42, deeper into the soi are apartment units for rent at rates within your budget. Make sure they do not markup electricity charges too high. Govt charge is about Bt4/unit.

There is a direct bus from this soi into Ekamai, or if traffic is bad, take a 15-20 mins stroll to work.