British Woman Raped In Thailand After Two Men Dragged Her Off The Street

george

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I HopE they get cane before been shot by police..

Plubish their photos around to shame them.....

This type of useless shits should not be alive!!!

Live of gals money, daringly drag the girl near police station and rape the girl, still take the girl belonging!!

Shit them.. y not rape their own family.... and ask their mum to work as pros and then ask for money...

Wondering y thai gals are so stupid to give them money..

If the guy really love her,he will not allow her to work as pros!! What the guys want is just free sex and money...

And the girl been blinded by charming face!!

Nextly,Why that british girl don't shout or the police sleeping...???

You guys nearly need to work out a bit to let steam off. Yes, its a very bad crime but it happens everywhere in the world, EVEN IT DOESNT MAKE IT MORE ACCEPTABLE! Crimes happen.

It happened in PATTAYA where there is mass prostitution, pimps , and any other form of Sex trade in exsistence, So saying it "happens everywhere" is a meaningless statement. Now you go and Work out .

I HopE they get cane before been shot by police..

Plubish their photos around to shame them.....

This type of useless shits should not be alive!!!

Live of gals money, daringly drag the girl near police station and rape the girl, still take the girl belonging!!

Shit them.. y not rape their own family.... and ask their mum to work as pros and then ask for money...

Wondering y thai gals are so stupid to give them money..

If the guy really love her,he will not allow her to work as pros!! What the guys want is just free sex and money...

And the girl been blinded by charming face!!

Nextly,Why that british girl don't shout or the police sleeping...???

:)

You guys nearly need to work out a bit to let steam off. Yes, its a very bad crime but it happens everywhere in the world, EVEN IT DOESNT MAKE IT MORE ACCEPTABLE! Crimes happen.

It happened in PATTAYA where there is mass prostitution, pimps , and any other form of Sex trade in exsistence, So saying it "happens everywhere" is a meaningless statement. Now you go and Work out .

There is "mass prostitution"everywhere in the world,it's just better hidden then pattaya.And it does happen everywhere so how can it be a meaningless statement?And her being raped has got nothing to do with prostitution or pimps or the sex trade.

I think some of us may have had comments deleted because they expressed some doubt as to the veracity of the woman's claim.

Perhaps a more diplomatic way of stating this would be to ask why is the news story "British Woman Raped in Thailand After Two Men Dragged Her Off the Street" rather than " British Woman Claims she was Raped in Thailand"?

The point being that one is questioning the presumption that the story is true.

I don't think this is an idea that need be 'beyond the pale' for this forum, but I'd appreciate being corrected if I'm wrong. If even this slight form of expression is forbade, then I suppose the only type of comment allowed here is:

String 'Em UP By There Balls!

I'd appreciate it if the editors would, rather than deleting my post entire, at least allow me to join in the Baying of the Jackals For Blood. I'll repeat for ease of editing:

String 'Em Up By There Balls!

i just HATE this .....it happens everywhere in the world....Fraction, whenever there is something like this happen.

For sure shit happens EVERYWHERE in the world, but for sure it often ends up in a newspaper or in TV, but not in Thailand when there are FARANGS involved!

These cockroaches can do what they want, even if they go to jail they are out soon...wanna bet??

Anyone a clue if they catch this swine which raped the two women in Phuket some weeks ago?

sometimes, tourists get use to with their daily life in their own country and forget to be aware of their safety here. Not only this english girl but also many Thai girls were raped too when they were in somewhere unsafety. YOu should understand that here is not your own country. YOu don't know many things as you are new.

Sorry I'm going to take issue with the above statement in particular "Racist practices". Nationalist and Economic practices, rules and reg's are not racist. They are based on the economic conditions of a tourist's country, nothing to do with race. People that label such practices as racist have no understanding of what racism is and have the negative effect of detracting from the true nature of this disgusting behavior, to be clear calling someone a French so and so is not racist, France is a nation, black people come from France, white, brown. So different rules for farangs is not racist is nationalist based on economic conditions.

PS I'm of indian origin

I respect that opinion and partially agree but think it is not that simple. Racism is defined in the dictionary as antagonism (active opposition or hostility) against other races. I have found plenty of times where people (mostly officials hoping for a pay off or in the very few times where an argumentative situation has arisen) have been actively hostile to me because I am a farang which would not have been the case I am sure had I been Thai. If you as an Indian were treated in that way by me in the UK there would soon be someone taking issue with me for not treating you fairly because of your race, for which the Race Relations Act was passed. Of course there are different degrees of racism some of which is heinous but there are also milder forms which I think are demonstrated throughout society here. There is also nationalism and not all of that has much to do with economic conditions. It wasn't all that long ago where a Thai woman caught marrying a foreign man would be beheaded - I don;t think that has much to do with economic conditions. Anyway as I say I respect your viewpoint but stand by mine.

Personally I would like to see an unfettered press, a responsible police force and an uncorrupt civil service and justice system and an end to the racist practices against foreigners but that is just a pipe dream - maybe my children here and those of many other foreigners will be able to change some attitudes but it will take a couple of generations and some education to change the egotistic personalities produced by the old family values and education system here.

I wish the poor woman well and hard labour for 50 years for the perpetrators less their appendages sounds an excellent and just punishment - dream on!

Sorry I'm going to take issue with the above statement in particular "Racist practices". Nationalist and Economic practices, rules and reg's are not racist. They are based on the economic conditions of a tourist's country, nothing to do with race. People that label such practices as racist have no understanding of what racism is and have the negative effect of detracting from the true nature of this disgusting behavior, to be clear calling someone a French so and so is not racist, France is a nation, black people come from France, white, brown. So different rules for farangs is not racist is nationalist based on economic conditions.

PS I'm of indian origin

All this is totally irrelevant to the theme of this thread.

There is no racism, ageism or any isms when it involves rape.

No women whatever their race or age is exempt from rape. The same as in atrocities commited during wars, no one is excluded.

To the twisted mind of a rapist, the female of our species is only seen as an object of sex and abuse, someone to vent power over.

These vermin should be exterminated and taken out of society. Not even worth the taxpayers expense of incarcerating them.

Edited by sassienie

Beach Road at night has always been dodgy, but in recent years it has become an obstacle course of pimps and 'heavy duty' katoeys looking to roll anyone - not just those too drunk to defend themselves - absolutely anyone. Considering the number of new tourists; family-types, russian couples, iranians chavs, indian blokes on-the-razzle, the east european song contest mafia, arabs have an 'away day' and north african cowboys who now float into town on cheap-charlie charter tours, it's a complete wonder that there aren't even more attacks reported every day. Suit mate?

That said, after darkness falls the (real) police (not Howard's Big Trouble in Walking Street boys - they're semi-ok/useful) but the proper Boys in Gordon Brown who should be plodding around (on foot) up and down the complete length of Beach Road and around the main streets are noticeable by their complete absence. Where else in any popular tourist town in the world would that happen? Most of the CCTV camera pods that are located all around town do not work, and the few that are are not monitored by anyone (or at least monitored by anyone still awake).

Until a REAL presence is established by Police Foot Patrols (humans please) up and down the length of Beach Road (and Walking St, 2nd Rd and all between - 24-hrs a day) we can only expect more crimes like this to occur. Crims will be attracted to opportunity wherever it arises, but it is up to the authorities to REALLY crack down on this c-r-a-p and do something effective and long lasting - instead of giving it lip service (ahem!) brushing things under the carpet and after a few days things are back to the normal state where 99% of those in positions of authority that could-and-should do something just do nothing properly.

A few scoundrels may (allegedly) have been caught already. But well-connected little mafia-types usually find ways of buy their way out of this c-r-a-p once the spotlight goes away.

Sorry for the girl (and her family) who ended up is this terrible position - but don't look for or expect the local plod/council/tourist-authority to offer more than a bunch of flowers and a token amount of money so that they can have their photo-opportunity in the local 'authority-friendly' press where proper aggressive investigate journalism and social activism is either non-existent or is a suicidal profession.

Pattaya doesn't need a fluffy makeover - it needs brain transplant and an enema.

A Thai female friend tells me when she was young living in BKK, hearing about young women getting raped was not uncommon. She feels safer living aboad then Thailand. Thai girls and women getting raped is not news worthy anymore, but when ever it happens to a foreigner, drunk or not foreigners are still shocked and ask what is the world coming to and cry to their consulate. Even with my lack of understanding of Thai language I still feel safer visiting Thailand then many other countries, but I'm not sure I want to raise my childrens there. I like the way Thai culture as well as many other asian culture teaches their children to respect the elders but I will be worry for my daugther or that my son might turn into ladyboy. Shits happens everywhere in the world. You just have to weight out everything and decides for yourself if Thailand is right for you, if not then there are always other countries to explore.

This doesn't happen everyday to tourists in beach resorts. I think that on average, female tourists in the bright light areas of most cities in the world manage to get home to their hotels in one piece. When this type of attack happens it is a serious issue, which has been conveniently avoided by the local police. I can't think of the last time I read about such an attack in Mallorca, Spain, Italy or Greece on a female tourist. This is a badge that Pattaya has to wear for now.

Pattaya and most of the beach areas of Thailand are having a big personality issue at the moment, as BTITT showed. No amount of licks of paint, new hotels or new pavements will remove the seedier elements of Pattaya and other places from the scene.

Pattaya is a shit-hole. The only positive thing about living there, are the BigC, Foodland and other shops. For the locals, you're just some piece of cattle. Luckily I did choose to live my 9 years here in a non-tourist part of Thailand.

Still, I'm on my way back to my home country. I'm 43 and still have some power left to build a new life at where I was born. Just managed to sell my house here. Feels really good to get back home again and live a civilized life. I'm tired of the heat, tired of the mentality, tired of the stupidity, tired of 0-IQ women who don't know what real love is, tired of not being able to have an intellectual conversation, tired of not being able to have rights status and being a part of the society no matter have long I've been here, tired of...

My empathy goes to the poor British woman who probably had one of her worst day in her life.

Were you so tired you didn't bother to learn Thai? Were you so tired you couldn't be bothered to learn the culture that is not yours? Never read such a pathetic post! Did you never leave the "bar scene" to find normal Thai people? I've been coming here since 1988, stayed around 10 years now and been happily married TO A THAI LADY who I met working at a small Thai restaurant for the last seven years. Glad you have gone home jack, you should never have been here with an attitude like that. I have Thai friends who (if you can speak Thai) would run circles round the likes of you. Don't put down what you don't know and can not understand mate. I am a voted in senior manager for our Moo Barn. You imply Thais treat us like cattle. They "judge people by what they do and by how they fit in" if you were treated like cattle, need I say more. Good riddance to you!

I just hope the lady concerned is as OK as she could be - if she did get raped like that.

I speak fluent Thai. Can also read some in Thai script. I know about the Thai culture far too well. I've live in an area of Thailand that doesn't have tourists. I've been running my own shop with Thai customers. I just had enough of this now.

-Do you understand?

Edited by xenomorph

"... most of the illegal brothels in Bangkok that confined underage foreign prostitutes against their will were located within 50 metres of a police station or police post. Repression of crime is not the primary business of the BIB. It is an armed mafia in uniform ..."

Yes, it is quite true. Most westerner seem to forget this. Just to have a shirt with "police" does not mean there is a minimum similarity with western police.... they are asking nearly every tourist if they want cocaine, heroin, whatever..

I always ask myself, why they do ask me (do I look this way ?) but I think, they do ask everybody....(nearly)

They are doing this in the centre of this lovely tourist town so no one can assume, that the "police" do not know what is going on. So I can understand why it is possible, that these pimps can do this crime (rape). They are used to act this way and used to never been stopped by police. It seems, they ´ve just forgot that it makes a difference to do it with a tourist.

But this can happen if you are on yaba all the time and have just finished to drink a full bottle of whiskey ....

did you ever imagine that.... some of those druggy looking persons were undercover police officers.... it is much better to walk away from those individuals as you did.... these officers are natural blend-in.... lol

A bit :) but technically speaking, mangda is neither a praying mantis nor a cockroach, though they look very similar at first sight.

here's a picture that i took on a market in Phatthalung.

post-49943-1258482662_thumb.jpg

A quote from Appon's Thai Food blog (here)

audio.gifMangda are large insects about 8 cms long, that live in rice fields in Northern Thailand. During the evening they fly around lights and are easily netted and eaten. Mang-da is also the name given to boyfriends who live off their girlfriends. They get the name because they flit from light to light. Similar to the English phrase 'bar-fly'. Someone is said to be a mang-da if their girlfriends work and they don't.

They're really difficult to photograph, I had to include some leaves in the photo to get them to calm down, so forgive the rather badly composed photograph.

Uses

They're are pounded and used as a popular flavouring in many dishes, a very common Thai ingredient is Mang-da flavour Nam Prik (spicy chilli paste used to add flavour and spice to dishes). You can even get this is from Asian grocers, look for Mang-da flavoured chilli pastes.

They are also dry fried or grilled and eaten as is, removing the shell and legs.

According to the missus, mangda, besides the insect, has the meaning of men that live off women, or pimps, in the South too.

Edited by hegenious

Plenty of local girls being sexually abused in Pattaya dont see that in the news much

Really? You must not watch much news then. You won't see threads about it here because TV rules state no commenting on child sex abuse cases. (I'll assume that is what you must mean by "girls being sexually abused")

Pattaya a haven of filth and criminals , Tourists should beware . Parts of that place have its own smell that turn stomachs over. Good on the Daily Mail to highlight something that local media often try to hide, bad publicity.

well

shit happens no matter where you live

its not just Pattaya

Pattaya seems to have more than its fair share of filth. Foreigners are relatively safe compared to Thai women though, and what many of them experience, will never hit the newspapers ever.

Sadly much of the filth around not only Pattaya - but also Phuket and Samui are the foreigners !!! Lets not go Thai bashing because of the behavior of two miscreants.

In any tourist spot anywhere you need to have your wits about you.

Exactly,,, and ... if they guys they arrested were known criminals in the area... makes me wonder if they even did it or if that is an op to remove them. Did the article say they were found guilty... or even identified. either way a roach is a roach. Isn't Pattaya known for edgy play and illegal and overlooked sex industry? hmmmmm

Pattaya a haven of filth and criminals , Tourists should beware . Parts of that place have its own smell that turn stomachs over. Good on the Daily Mail to highlight something that local media often try to hide, bad publicity.

well

its not just Pattaya

Pattaya seems to have more than its fair share of filth. Foreigners are relatively safe compared to Thai women though, and what many of them experience, will never hit the newspapers ever.

Sadly much of the filth around not only Pattaya - but also Phuket and Samui are the foreigners !!! Lets not go Thai bashing because of the behavior of two miscreants.

In any tourist spot anywhere you need to have your wits about you.

Sadly there is too much Pattaya Bashing here. 've lived in Pattaya for more than 15 years ands never had any major pro9blems. I find it safer that any of the other cities I've lived in , in North America, Europe and Asia.

If you think rape only happens here have a look at the following link from the BBC on gang rapes in London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/8345673.stm

Edited by Foodie

well

its not just Pattaya

[u]True enough, but in this case it WAS Pattaya...happening elsewhere doesn't make it more acceptable...

[/u]

Very good point The crime rate in Pattaya is very high it's the local property developers that manipulates and work very closely with the local and national media so that they can control and maintain good publicity and can carry- on building and selling apartments.

If you know what real pattaya has to offer you apart from prostitution,drugs,all sorts of con man and many more nasty things NO one in they right mind will put a penny down on property.Pattaya is good for a weekend of fun and it end there.

Note to a Mod---surely, after 6 pages of comments, some showing genuine and warranted sympathy for the girl tourist, but with many illiterate, unpleasant and unnecessary postings of zero news or positive value--isn't it about time this thread was closed????

Incidentally, I feel genuinely sick and sorry for the [brit] tourist--but do we really need all the useless negativity.

Note to a Mod---surely, after 6 pages of comments, some showing genuine and warranted sympathy for the girl tourist, but with many illiterate, unpleasant and unnecessary postings of zero news or positive value--isn't it about time this thread was closed????

Incidentally, I feel genuinely sick and sorry for the [brit] tourist--but do we really need all the useless negativity.

Yes you have a point but unfortunately the truth is always painful hear.

after a late night of modding this thread, and now an early morning check, my first thought was exactly what haybilly mentioned above.

I think we have discussed the issue enough. while most of us would like to wish the woman all the best, and that such heinous crime is never repeated, unfortunately there are others who just cant resist the urge to make ridiculous comments, regardless of the graveness of the discussion.

on that note, Im closing this thread