Pizza

HDRIDER

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember from many moons ago, 'The Pizzeria Hut' just about where the new shopping center in Patong is now, was very nice. I believe they are still around but I don't get to Patong much now so don't know their location.

Just around the corner from their original location.

They are in Soi Sansabai (Soi ice-factory for the old timers), first business on the left.

Yes, really nice people. They had a great business at the old location, long before Pizza hut, Pizza factory, etc. I often ate there. The place in Sansabai just does not have the same character as their old 'island' location. Could not believe it when it was demolished to make way fro Jungceylon.

• 1 month later...

I was looking for La Capannini on Nanaii 2 and this thread popped up.

There is also a Patong- based group called Italian Food And Wine Appreciation Society - IFAWAS for short.

We meet ...........Tuesday nights! At 7.30pm at the Sick Buffalo cafe on Banzaan near Nanai.

Entry is a bottle of red wine each.

As we rarely cross any hills I doubt our paths will cross from the sound of it.

However where and what is M&Ms ?

I was looking for La Capannini on Nanaii 2 and this thread popped up.

There is also a Patong- based group called Italian Food And Wine Appreciation Society - IFAWAS for short.

We meet ...........Tuesday nights! At 7.30pm at the Sick Buffalo cafe on Banzaan near Nanai.

Entry is a bottle of red wine each.

As we rarely cross any hills I doubt our paths will cross from the sound of it.

However where and what is M&Ms ?

Please post more details of the IFAWAS group. Is the Sick Buffalo an Italian place? How many members turn up? What is on the menu and what kinda prices? Do you tour around other venues?

M&M's used to be in Rawai but has recently moved to a much better location in Nai Harn. Coming from the badlands of Patong, take the coast road through Karon and over past Karon viewpoint/Reggae bar/after beach bar area following signs for NaiHarn. Eventually you will come down the hill and be close to Naiharn. You will pass Icon pub/club on your right and shortly come to a junction where you can bear right to Naiharn beach or turn left to go away from Naiharn. (Mimi's used to be on this corner but it's currently a building site). Take the right hand turning. Follow the road as it winds it's way hither and thither until you come to quite a sharp right hand bend. Shortly after that bend, M&M's will be on your right.

As a yardstick, it's generally full throughout both low and high seasons, something a great many restaurants can only dream of. It sells excellent pizza and home-made pasta and is run by an Italian husband and wife duo.

It's great food and is cheap/reasonably priced.

IFAWAS should pay a visit.

Edited by markg

I finally went to Ellis the other night & ordered the "Chief's" pizza. A single, free, piece of very good tasting bruschetta was given while waiting. When the pizza arrived I thought this cannot be right as there did not appear to be enough on it. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the taste & would rate it as one of the better pizzas I have eaten. I wonder where the pizza club would place this on their scale?

Background Italian music was OK, seats not comfortable but then again I don't find the seats at M & Ms very comfortable either, & having to reverse my pickup out of the narrow dead end soi is also another small gripe.