Seriously Urgent: Can't Get Thru To Alliance And Leceister Abroad For 2 Days Now - How The hel_l Can I Contact Them?

I need to use my savings card but every 30 days they hold/block/freeze the card for security protection and each month I have to ring them so i can use it again.

The crazy thing is I've been trying for 2 days straight now and all i get is an engaged tone.

I've emailed them but no response so i'm at a loss.

How the hel_l can i get through to these people!

The numbers I keep calling are:

or there uk no':

0044 844 8009000

Ideally i'd like to use a freephone number as I'm phoning from Thailand.

Any help would be much appreciated - thank you,

rob.

I don't think the freephone 0800 and cheap local calls 0870, 0844, 0845 etc work if calling from abroad.

Try them on 0044 1512 648 725 which is the number for lost and stolen cards.

If they can't help, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Boycie.

I don't think the freephone 0800 and cheap local calls 0870, 0844, 0845 etc work if calling from abroad.

Boycie.

Thanks Boycie - will try just gone 3pm when cs opens sunday..will let you know, cheers

Boycie.

Thanks Boycie - will try just gone 3pm when cs opens sunday..will let you know, cheers

I have this number I use A&L +448445619790

I dial free phone numbers using Skype. given UK banks call center charges, it could save you alot of money.

Are you sure its free - skype tells me to buy skype credit when calling call phones..

OK - Thanks to everyone who helped out. For everyones interest the only number that worked for me was 448445619790 by sunnymarky.

I had to use skype and and pay an initial fee as my mobile just gave me the engaged tone, but the cost of the calls was nothing.

Note:* - When I first said I was using skype they hung up - so I told them there were bad storms and she stayed on the line.

Also - there overseas number which they quote on their website as 0044 870 909 6060 is incorrect.

The CORRECT Alliance and Leicester number when calling from ABROAD is 0044 870 909 60060

They are 1 Digit out on their website - I must have phoned the incorrect number maybe 200 times - Hope someone in the future finds this useful.

Thanks again.

I dial free phone numbers using Skype. given UK banks call center charges, it could save you alot of money.

Are you sure its free - skype tells me to buy skype credit when calling call phones..

OK - Thanks to everyone who helped out. For everyones interest the only number that worked for me was 448445619790 by sunnymarky.

I had to use skype and and pay an initial fee as my mobile just gave me the engaged tone, but the cost of the calls was nothing.

Note:* - When I first said I was using skype they hung up - so I told them there were bad storms and she stayed on the line.

Also - there overseas number which they quote on their website as 0044 870 909 6060 is incorrect.

The CORRECT Alliance and Leicester number when calling from ABROAD is 0044 870 909 60060

They are 1 Digit out on their website - I must have phoned the incorrect number maybe 200 times - Hope someone in the future finds this useful.

Thanks again.

I have an A&L account but rarely use it for overseas transactions ATMs, They have highest charges, also their customer service sucks, When you call from outside Uk and the line is bad they hang up . They are paranoid about security threats, and getting through security with them is or was a nightmare when I did use account.

Edited by sunnymarky