Your Favorite Bargains In Thailand

deejah

all the exotic fruits and vegetables, which you even don't see in the supermarkets in the west (and I don't mean durian) or they are £1 per piece - here in season 10-20 baht per kilo or free under the trees in the villages.

ps I got daily massage from the blind 2h/150baht in bangkok

all the exotic fruits and vegetables, which you even don't see in the supermarkets in the west (and I don't mean durian) or they are £1 per piece - here in season 10-20 baht per kilo or free under the trees in the villages.

ps I got daily massage from the blind 2h/150baht in bangkok

I am always looking for a nice respectable place. I would like to get a massage at this place. Can you tell me it's location?

I would have to say my all time favourite is the 49baht flip flops from tesco, especially after a couple of months when they are moulded to my feet.

I also love the fact that my wealth is judged by my choice of footwear - I understood enough Thai to know that on my last visit to a bar with mates one of the girls said to her friend something along the lines of - Don't to ask me for a drink as I couldnt afford shoes, rubber tapper or farmer was also chucked in there lol!

Choppy

30 metres left (to the west) from the roundabout in the centre of the map, on setthakit 31-2, on the right side when walking from this roundabout.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=17&...ep%20Mahanakhon

the first one would be fan 150baht/2h and another 20 metres on this same side air-con 180baht/2h (this one has a grotty bathroom) and therapists entartain themselves with TV or loud talking. They work 9-20, but might close little earlier, if no clients. Sometimes both are packed, booking over the phone might help, but is not a quarantee.

the next week my wife will see them and I than I can forward you their phones (thai spoken).

I have family living close by, so at this same time I do visit them, but travelling from far away, even for 4h massage might be not worth

Edited by londonthai

Fresh tropical fruit. You won't find Mangoes, coconuts, dragonfruit, longan, etc.. anywhere in most western countries for the same price.

Transportation such as long VIP bus rides or domestic flights are comparably cheap with no hassle.

Taxis. As a whole cheap and reasonably efficient.

Rent for new condos are about half as much as major U.S. cities per sqm

The beach hotel and bungalow selection for Thailand is cheap with lots of options. This country is still a great value if you want a short weekend hop to an island or something. Try getting "deals" in Hawaii.

Labor. Any type of labor is cheap if you get a thai to do the talking.

Despite the whining from destitute farangs it costs very little for legal or visa processing to stay in the country. It's very easy to stay for years especially if you earn good income from outside Thailand.

Traffic fines. I'd rather have to pay some stooge 150-300 baht to get out of it than the 8,000+ baht equivalent for a ticket you'd see in the U.S. or Canada.

Good thai or any other SE asian food tends to be cheap. The sit down commercial sushi joints (Fuji, Shabu, etc..) are also good for the price you pay.

Utilities. Cheap.

Car resale value is also good here and some vehicles (like trucks) are very reasonably priced.

They are not 'exotic' fruits.. They are domestic ones.

Purchased peaches lately ?? Plums ?? Or quality avacados ??

All the things that are labour intensive are where your savings are.. Cheap local foods, cheap laundry, cheap domestic help, etc.. Its the mid end and up stuff, that Thais dont generally use, that robs you of those savings.

Fruit, very cheap. Coconuts 4 Baht ea, Bananas 15 Baht per hand, watermelon 15 Baht each etc.

Iced coffee 15 Baht

Clothes, shoes incredible value.

Oh My Buddha! I just paid $7.99 for a Kilo of bananas and Iced coffee is $4.50 a Litre.

Get me out of Australia and back to Thailand.

Edited by Mousehound

Fruit, very cheap. Coconuts 4 Baht ea, Bananas 15 Baht per hand, watermelon 15 Baht each etc.

Iced coffee 15 Baht

Clothes, shoes incredible value.

Oh My Buddha! I just paid $7.99 for a Kilo of bananas and Iced coffee is $4.50 a Litre.

You are staying in the wrong place. Enjoy and savour every bite and mouthfull.

a good healthy thai meal 30-40 baht

I would suggest that you check the healthiness of this Thai meal. Chances are it is laced with MSG and sugar.

mai sai namtam

mai sai pung shu rut

that would only work, if you stand in the kitchen right next to the cook and pinch him when he is going to MSG the food.

Living in BKK, I'm a bit perplexed about the local bananas thing...

All the store where I'm shopping, I only see the small (Thai penis sized :) ), very green stubby bananas...

But out on the street, with the guys and their cards, I see the normal bunches of longer, very nice yellow bananas, typically 20 baht per bunch...

How come none of those seem to be found in the stores... (Villa, Tesco, Carrefour, Big C, etc....)???