New Mcdonalds At Thapae Gate

Ulysses G.

Those of you who live in California remember 30 years ago when people SMOKED CIGARETTES everywhere. We fought the battle and we won it, but it took us over 10 years for people to get the message." Your addiction to cigarettes does not give you a right to pollute my air" I rarely eat beef any more, not because I don't like it, but because it's too expensive. There will be a limit of time for franchised fast food hamburgs... the first one to go out of business will be Burger King, and just like the housing bubble, McDonalds will no longer be able to buy Argentine beef, process it, and deliver it to restaurants all over the world at an affordable price. The worlds addiction to fat ladden foods will end. Local food eats (in Thailand, yeah!) are already beating McDonalds.

Yesterday, I had an (a roi) lunch at a place on the north gate. Pork, noodles, and vegetables at the outrageous price of 30BT. and the smiling girls who made the wai when I left them a 10 bt tip made me laugh...so charming.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There will be a limit of time for franchised fast food hamburgs... the first one to go out of business will be Burger King, and just like the housing bubble, McDonalds will no longer be able to buy Argentine beef, process it, and deliver it to restaurants all over the world at an affordable price. The worlds addiction to fat ladden foods will end.

The world's addiction to fat laden food will end and the burger joints will go out of business? There will be a limited amount of time for fast food hamburgers?

Mike's burger went from 1-2-3-4 in the last couple of years and McDonald's has opened 2 outlets in Chiang Mai this year. There doesn't seem to be a decline. Fast food sales are up in the States primarily due to the recession and because people are choosing to eat cheaply.

Quality restaurants can no longer afford to keep up with price increases in the wholesale market with their declining sales and are closing their doors.

This is reality.

The store at Thapae Gate looks nice and is a lot larger than I thought it was going to be. The big question is, why would a hotel put that in the front of their place?

Edited by getgoin

I would like to thank all the anti MacDonalds/food/civilization/making a living/breathing... clones, you guys are hilarious. Didn't have time to read all your Pathetic paranoid posts, I will save some for later. I would like to leave you with a phrase that was popular years ago, I still hear it once in a while.

"Get a life!"

Yesterday, I had an (a roi) lunch at a place on the north gate. Pork, noodles, and vegetables

I understand people who become vegetarians for health reasons. I sympathize with people who stop eating meat to keep animals from suffering - in fact I admire them - but I think that anyone who raves on about ridding the world of hamburgers and then admits to eating pigs is not only a hypocrite, but likely has some sort of severe problem with their thought processes. :)

Yesterday, I had an (a roi) lunch at a place on the north gate. Pork, noodles, and vegetables

I understand people who become vegetarians for health reasons. I sympathize with people who stop eating meat to keep animals from suffering - in fact I admire them - but I think that anyone who raves on about ridding the world of hamburgers and then admits to eating pigs is not only a hypocrite, but likely has some sort of severe problem with their thought processes. :)

I'm a Piscarian (i.e. I eat fish and seafood, but not mammals or birds etc). This was my choice over 20 years ago, and it was for emotional (if not rebellious) reasons. However, my kids eat meat (they can make such decisions in life for themselves in their own time) and I have taken them to fast food places as treats from time to time, including McDee's. I've tried the Mc fish burger, in the UK its nice, here it tastes like deep-fried cardboard (all oil taste), so I usually just have a coke. My beliefs are mine, I see no reason to push them on anyone else - or justify them - but I really think there are better (and probably cheaper) alternatives here than what I see at McDee's, BK or KFC. Certainly the burgers at Guitarman seem tastier (if looks and seeing the way they are devoured are anything to go on), larger and I doubt there's much in the price either.