Land Prices In Central Thailand

I'm looking to build a house in Suphanburi (about 2 hrs drive north of Don Muang) and am seeking baht/rai info for building lots in the area. Specifically in a village in a developed area (all rice paddies) with paved road frontage (electricity and telephone lines available) about 2-3 km from a main trunk road.

Help ol' tutsi out...(mods, please don't move to central thailand forum as more folks will see this post here)

(where the fcuks the edit button?) I would add that the wife is presently looking around the area where we want to buy but was dismayed by the prices quoted. I think that it's because she's known to everyone in the area as having a falang husband and people adjusted their prices accordingly.

Tutsi

Just came back from looking at land in Ayuthaya.Sent the wife out with a third party Thai and was surprised that land 10 km from a main road,on a paved road is 100,000 a rai unfilled.Also prone to flooding. :o

Tutsi

Just came back from looking at land in Ayuthaya.Sent the wife out with a third party Thai and was surprised that land 10 km from a main road,on a paved road is 100,000 a rai unfilled.Also prone to flooding. :o

Adyuttaya is a good comparison as it is next to Suphan. My wife was looking at unfilled but drainable paddy land at 500k/rai...a bit steep it seems to me.

Anyone else got any info regarding central Thailand in general?

Tutsi it depends where it is. here (Nakorn Sawan) we are 7 km out of the nearest village on a paved road and "frontage" land is about 100,000 a rai (there's 7 of it for sale accross the road from me). My mate paid 400,000 a rai just outside Chinat Town.(there still land there avalible)

Try this link for some ideas

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...tion=&x=43&y=11

And do a search for Supan.

As with everything land prices vary tremendously on location with just a few km making a huge differance.

RC...thanks for the info. If it's 400k/rai outside a main town then 500k/rai may not be unreasonable as the village we want to buy in sits on the main road to amphur Suphan about 3-4 km outside of Song Phi Nong.

I've emailed your link and otherstuff's link to the wife for her to have a look.

Thanks for all the help.