Bib Out In Force Again At On Nut

theoldgit

I drove along Sukhumvit this morning and, as often seems to be case, the Thieves In Brown were out in force pulling over motorcyclists, and a few trucks and seemingly relieving the hapless individuals of their hard earned cash, presumably for their New Year holiday spends.

I know this is pretty much the norm with most people accepting this as an occupational hazard of living in Bangkok, but what surprises me is that the Thai people simply accept it, I wonder when people will, if ever, say "enough is enough"?

"the Thieves In Brown were out in force pulling over motorcyclists...and seemingly relieving the hapless individuals of their hard earned cash..."

What do you mean "seemingly", either the cops were doing something illegal or not. Which is it? Apparently, you see a cop and make wild assumptions. Perhaps the cops feel the same when they see you.

"the Thieves In Brown were out in force pulling over motorcyclists...and seemingly relieving the hapless individuals of their hard earned cash..."

What do you mean "seemingly", either the cops were doing something illegal or not. Which is it? Apparently, you see a cop and make wild assumptions. Perhaps the cops feel the same when they see you.

OK then.

Never had any problems when I was living up that way; on the other hand, I was never doing anything illegal there, either. I imagine there are motorcycles, trucks, and cars without proper registrations, or drivers behaving strangely or illegally, etc., just like there are in every single country in the world. I think the main difference here with what we might find in English-speaking countries is that 'unofficial' resolutions are more accepted as part of the norm (and probably also much less expensive).

I have never had a problem either. And when I say they were out in force, they were out in force, they were stopping all bikes, they couldn't all have been doing something wrong.

I realise that by passing money the "problem" goes away, but all the time they do it the police will carry on fleecing people. I'm not being judgmental of anybody, but I think one daythe worm will turn.

Maybe it's just something the Thai people factor into their lives, doen't make it right though. I accept I am never going to change it, nor do I want to.

It doesn't take long to see someone breaking a traffic law in Thailand, if the bib done their job all the time maybe Thai people would say enough is enough and stop running red lights, etc, etc, etc, etc...

but then the bib would not have the element of surprise and tea money could dry up

In another thread today about an Australian woman killed in a vehicle pile-up, many astute commentators were complaining about the lack of local traffic enforcement, in this thread, the main complaint seems to be about too much enforcement.

Clearly, it's all Thailand's fault!

Thais would rather be relieved of the occasional 200 baht than have to follow the rules all the time..

It's much more convienient to be able to ride helmetless, against the flow of traffic and ignoring stop lights..

Once in a while you get caught.. pay a few baht and continue on your way.. No further consequences..

Also means you don't have to have insurance, road tax or a pass a driving test...

Thailand = land of the free... just too free most of the time.. :)

To the Git….

What a stupid post, you’re really jumping through something and or just making a wild guess.

Do you understand how offensive this is, you must have forgotten your manors when you got out of bed this morning.

The Old Git, “which I might add seems appropriate” was seen again this morning cruising down Sukhumvit with his tight fitting leotard sleeveless variety suit, apparently with a blue cap now strapped around his neck .

Thai law enforcements have been setting up road checks around Sulhumvit and questioning all motorists and personnel for information after a spray of complaints have been received over the last week in the vicinity.

The Old Git has a tenancies to tell stories and bore people to death, although there is no-crime here which has been committed the Thai law enforcement would like to address his dress code and due to his latest addition, "being the blue cap" now feel he is not part of the correct Super Hero Team inside of Bangkok and would like to question him regarding these complaints.

Law enforcement agents are offering a reward for any information regarding the Old Git and location, Call local Hotline: 02- 866GETU.

Wild enough actuailzation.

Regards

C-sip.

To the Git….

What a stupid post, you're really jumping through something and or just making a wild guess.

Do you understand how offensive this is, you must have forgotten your manors when you got out of bed this morning.

The Old Git, "which I might add seems appropriate" was seen again this morning cruising down Sukhumvit with his tight fitting leotard sleeveless variety suit, apparently with a blue cap now strapped around his neck .

Thai law enforcements have been setting up road checks around Sulhumvit and questioning all motorists and personnel for information after a spray of complaints have been received over the last week in the vicinity.

The Old Git has a tenancies to tell stories and bore people to death, although there is no-crime here which has been committed the Thai law enforcement would like to address his dress code and due to his latest addition, "being the blue cap" now feel he is not part of the correct Super Hero Team inside of Bangkok and would like to question him regarding these complaints.

Law enforcement agents are offering a reward for any information regarding the Old Git and location, Call local Hotline: 02- 866GETU.

Regards

C-sip.

They are at OnNut and also near ekkamai almost every day. I keep forgetting about them and have to cough 200b for being in the wrong lane...just cant get used to this motorcycle only lane business...

To the Git….

What a stupid post, you're really jumping through something and or just making a wild guess.

The Old Git, "which I might add seems appropriate" was seen again this morning cruising down Sukhumvit with his tight fitting leotard sleeveless variety suit, apparently with a blue cap now strapped around his neck .

Thai law enforcements have been setting up road checks around Sukhumvit and questioning all motorists and personnel for information after a spray of complaints have been received over the last week in the vicinity.

Wild enough actualization.

Regards

C-sip.

Well if they bore you to death, don't read them you obnoxious idiot.

And you call me offensive.

To the Git….

What a stupid post, you’re really jumping through something and or just making a wild guess.

The Old Git, “which I might add seems appropriate” was seen again this morning cruising down Sukhumvit with his tight fitting leotard sleeveless variety suit, apparently with a blue cap now strapped around his neck .

Regards

C-sip.

You resemble your avatar very well. :)

Ohhh dear, you keep topping your previous stupid statement. Has it ever dawned on you that TOG has a bit of life experience, something which you seem to be lacking, no doubt after hiding at university half ur life getting those multiple degrees so you can get that job stacking the shelves at tesco lotus :) .

Nothing wrong with TOG's post thanks very much, hes probably right on the money.

To the Git….

Regards

C-sip.

So how do your parents feel after funding 30 years of university only to find out you have decided to become a couch patoto? I know, ur mates with hhgz :) .

Please don't be so nasty to TOG, hes a highly trained killer and has probably seen more life in the last 10 minutes than you have in your entire blessed years :D

TIT :)

Where I presently reside, USA, the police occasionally have roadblocks. If your vehicle is in order, your papers (ie license and insurance) you seat belt is fastened, you go on your way in short order. If the criterion isn't correct you'll receive a ticket. Worse case if there is outstanding tickets or warrants or if your illegal alien caught with a traffic problem off to jail you might go. Subsequently the county I live in now has a well behaved traffic wise illegal population, as it one of the few places that will ship them off to ICE (immigration) if found in the commission of a crime and yes a traffic offense does count as it allows the police to check on status.

The Gwinnett police have had fortunate stops over the years or drunks crashing into trees or whatever only to have been carrying substantial amounts of cash and or drugs. Atlanta due to its system of highways that connect it throughout the east, is a major pipeline of drugs. My little town is unfortunately drug suppliers central with many large cash busts taken place over the years within its confines. The intel that comes from these roadblocks has helped the police in their efforts. The 1-2 minutes or less I'm held up by these rare moments doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not out on the roads late at night when they occasionally do stops for sobriety. But they stop all traffic and check all people so not to appear to be singling out individuals or groups.

BTW the gov't get to keep as a monies and assets seized if they involve drugs, but individual officers get naught but a thank you and an attaboy